Kyzyl Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardyharhar said:
Shame. I heard Larry was working on a 15 minute drum solo :wink:

I heard they were going to "snippet" every single track of In The Court Of The Crimson King during the performance!

Hey, uncoolian. :wave:

So, India's win last night. I don't think we've discussed it yet. Thoughts?

Axver said:

I heard they were going to "snippet" every single track of In The Court Of The Crimson King during the performance!

And a snippet of those songs are 5 minutes each :lol:

Not to derail the conversation, but Axver, did you attend any of the Split Enz reunion shows? And if so, was there any sign of Phil Judd?

7-hour long band practice. :ohmy:
But I was officially invited into the band today. I've learned 9 songs in 5 weeks.

You know, it's lucky my maternal grandfather didn't get his way, or this thread would have two Andrews along with its three Daniels. Grandad is English, and he was horrified when my parents chose a French name for me. He called me Andrew rather than André for the first 2-3 years of my life until my mother finally made him stop.

Axver said:
He called me Andrew rather than André for the first 2-3 years of my life until my mother finally made him stop.

My grandmother called my oldest brothe J for a long time because she couldn't stand the name "Josh".

hardyharhar said:
And a snippet of those songs are 5 minutes each :lol:

Not to derail the conversation, but Axver, did you attend any of the Split Enz reunion shows? And if so, was there any sign of Phil Judd?

A snippet of Moonchild would put absolutely everyone to sleep!

I saw the very first reunion show they did in Australia in 2006, the one in Brisbane, which had an unfortunate lack of Judd. :(

Killer setlist, though.

bono_man2002 said:

Belated hello.

Do you guys play your own songs or did you learn covers?

Covers?? :no:

It's all original material. Actually, 2 of the 9 songs are new compositions to the band which I helped come up with. Me and the singer/songwriter wrote them over the past two weeks.

coolian2 said:

Great that India won and Australia lost, crap because i wanted a third final.

Meanwhile, NZ are hardly on fire in the first test against England.

Yeah, my thoughts entirely. Leading into the final overs, I was in two minds. If the Aussies had been able to force a win, it would have been a classic and we'd have gotten another game - but I fear such a nailbiter win would've given them the momentum to steal the series in Adelaide, so I'm glad India pulled it off.

Haven't followed the first Test today.

the tourist said:

Covers?? :no:

It's all original material. Actually, 2 of the 9 songs are new compositions to the band which I helped come up with. Me and the singer/songwriter wrote them over the past two weeks.

That's awesome! :up:

I only know a few Muse and Green Day songs, partly cause I've never been able to write anything good, lyrically and musically.

My Friends never wanted to get into any of that sort of stuff, Its pretty sad :(

the tourist said:
7-hour long band practice. :ohmy:
But I was officially invited into the band today. I've learned 9 songs in 5 weeks.

Wow, that must be pretty fucking exhausting. Great news though. :up:

coolian2 said:
Chicken. Mashed potatoes. Bread roll.

Dinner of champions.

I'm doing my sausages and onions again. I never do the same dinner two nights in a row, but I really enjoy it and I've felt kinda bleh today, so I've just said "who fucking cares?"

Axver said:

Yeah, my thoughts entirely. Leading into the final overs, I was in two minds. If the Aussies had been able to force a win, it would have been a classic and we'd have gotten another game - but I fear such a nailbiter win would've given them the momentum to steal the series in Adelaide, so I'm glad India pulled it off.

Haven't followed the first Test today.

I haven't been following the test either, but the report on cricinfo suggests we're not doing great.

But maybe getting cockslapped in this series will get rid of Bracewell.

bono_man2002 said:

That's awesome! :up:

I only know a few Muse and Green Day songs, partly cause I've never been able to write anything good, lyrically and musically.

My Friends never wanted to get into any of that sort of stuff, Its pretty sad :(

That is sad. Then again, I've only been musical since I was 16 (that's when I started teaching myself guitar). The leads that I'm learning are fucking insane. I don't know how I am catching on so quickly. I'm basically playing very few chords. The singer/songwriter hates delay. He knows I sound like The Edge, when I play, though, so he lets me use it.

the tourist said:
My grandmother called my oldest brothe J for a long time because she couldn't stand the name "Josh".

Huh. It's not a name I'd ever give anyone, but it's not a bad name.

Though if any relative of mine called their child John, I'd kick them in the head for using such a bland, unexciting name. My apologies to all the Johns here.

Axver said:

Wow, that must be pretty fucking exhausting. Great news though. :up:

It really is. Now if only we could find a permanent drummer--right now, our multitalented bassist is handling drums because he's a beast. But he's a better bassist than he is a drummer, so our quest continues.

bono_man2002 said:

Move your arse down to Melbourne and you can start a band with Ali, the Maj., and I!

Axver said:

Huh. It's not a name I'd ever give anyone, but it's not a bad name.

Though if any relative of mine called their child John, I'd kick them in the head for using such a bland, unexciting name. My apologies to all the Johns here.

That's my last name. Thanks, Ass.

the tourist said:

It really is. Now if only we could find a permanent drummer--right now, our multitalented bassist is handling drums because he's a beast. But he's a better bassist than he is a drummer, so our quest continues.

How about you surgically attach two more arms to him so that he can play both bass and drums? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom