Kyzyl Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Good, just eating a muffin for lunch at 1:15am like a perfectly abnormal person.

You?
Well nothing quite puts me to sleep like a muffin, so maybe it will put you to sleep

I'm good. At work. Only 2 others are here. It's nice and quiet

Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #227
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:17 PM
It seems I don't really react much to food and drink in the sense of it putting me to sleep or sending me hyper or whatever. I'm the only person I know who can eat shitloads of sugary things and not end up on a noticeable sugar high.

Though it would be good to get to sleep before 3am for once ... alas, YouTube is sucking me in.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Really? Food intake really affects me...that's why I make careful choices in what to eat (or I at least try to.) I don't eat much sugar to begin with, so that could perhaps be why I'm so sensitive to it. This weekend I was at a friend's and had a Pepsi MAX for the first time. My chest caved and I could hardly breathe!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

did you see today's birthdays? the first 4 are "sunny, eternity, hell, moon"
Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #230
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
Really? Food intake really affects me...that's why I make careful choices in what to eat (or I at least try to.) I don't eat much sugar to begin with, so that could perhaps be why I'm so sensitive to it. This weekend I was at a friend's and had a Pepsi MAX for the first time. My chest caved and I could hardly breathe!

At my high school, the Home Ec department sold these things called ice cups. They were really just frozen cordial - cordial being a juice concentrate sort of thing that you mix with water. They were heaven on a hot day. Now, red cordial is well known in Australia for sending kids hyper, and naturally the red ice cups did much the same thing to most people. You always knew who had a red ice cup at lunch by who was bouncing off the walls in class afterwards.

Yet I once had three red ice cups in a single lunch after two friends bailed on me, leaving their untouched ice cups behind, and I didn't even respond. Though my lips were very, very red. Not a good look.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #231
Vocal parasite

Quote:
did you see today's birthdays? the first 4 are "sunny, eternity, hell, moon"
I wish I had a clue what you're looking at!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

I think we have something like that...called Slushies or something. That's so funny because I almost got one the other day when I was getting gas. I just had a craving. Then I remembered the pepsi incident the day before and decided against it.

Do you have class today?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #233
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think we have something like that...called Slushies or something. That's so funny because I almost got one the other day when I was getting gas. I just had a craving. Then I remembered the pepsi incident the day before and decided against it.

Do you have class today?
We have those too, and they are markedly inferior - albeit easier to eat - than the joys of an ice cup. I must have spent a fair bloody bit on ice cups in grade 12, heh. But Queensland's an uncomfortably hot place.

Er ... yes and no. The day I'm still awake from, yes, I had class earlier. The day I'm actually in, i.e. Wednesday, no! I have both Wednesdays and Fridays off. I love it. Though I expect I'll end up working those days on whatever it is I find myself doing at the Royal Historical Society.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

I LOVED having Fridays off that's awesome. How far along are you in your degree program? How many years left?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #235
Vocal parasite

This is my third and last year of my standard degree. Honours year next year. Can't wait for that. I need a challenge.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #236
Blue Crack Addict

Awesome. So then you graduate after next year?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #237
Vocal parasite

... what a scary thought. Yes. I feel like I've barely bloody started! I suppose transferring universities in the middle doesn't help that perception. I'm starting only my second year in Melbourne, so it doesn't really feel like my third year in a way.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

Why did you transfer? Did you find a better program?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #239
Vocal parasite

Melbourne's a better city with a better university. And I just hated Queensland and couldn't stand living there, really.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Gotcha. Glad it has worked out for the better.
So what did I miss last night?

Tags
superthread