Kyzyl Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

We had a habit of scaring younger students by accident through our weirdness. We had study periods together in the library as well, and I clearly remember one day in grade 11 when three of us were sitting at one table, ostensibly doing work but telling stories while some grade eight girls were actually doing work.

My friend told me this story about how his brother first got his licence. He bought his first car, and in driving it home, crashed into an ICE CREAM TRUCK. The way he told it, it was so fucking funny. I've rarely laughed harder at anything. I couldn't breathe. I fell off my seat. My other friend was crying with laughter.

The grade eight girls got up and left.
YEAR 8 GIRLS = OWNED!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Interesting fact: I now have 12 (twelve) copies of random nekkid streaker guy's arse in my Pictures folder.

Thank you Daniel

No Problem! Enjoy

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

YES.

ABSOLUTELY YES.

As you know, I went to a private school. It had three carparks. My locker from grade 9 to 12 was always near one in particular, so I became very acquianted with driver stupidity. It had limited parking spaces, and could only be reached by a narrow driveway. So what did people do? Well, they'd park in the driveway for a start, reducing it to one lane. Or in the carpark itself, once it was full, they'd just stop. They wouldn't even pretend to pull over to the side. They'd just stop. So you'd have huge backlogs of cars. It was ridiculous. My mother would always come slightly late to pick me up (we finished at 3:15; that's when she left home), because even if she came earlier, we didn't get home any earlier!

Private schools

Believe me, it's worse in Asia though.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #139
Vocal parasite

Quote:

You think we're all idiots, don't you ...

I'm guessing you mean the hand-cranked doodad that showed where the tram was going.... buses have/had those too.
(Okay, so I don't know exactly which trams are the Z3s...)
I think you're a bunch of non-tram nerds!

I figured you'd get the scrolling/LED thing. I miss the scrolling displays - it was cool to watch them being changed. I remember one night travelling up St Kilda Road behind a Z3 that took about a minute to scroll through from its original destination to "NOT IN SERVICE".

But I didn't expect anyone to know the Z3. They're my favourite trams, besides the classic W class ones.

(My own picture too. Taken in January in Royal Park.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I think you're a bunch of non-tram nerds!
Unfortunately the only thing I find fascinating about trams is usually the people that take them, and the overhead electricity supply thing.

But yeah, the Z3's cool. Pity it has stairs though - that's what wrecks it for me.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #141
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
I wonder about that all the time though. Don't Yarra Trams at least have some sort of requirement for English-speaking ability, or do they just give jobs to the first people to step off the boat?
I frankly suspect the latter. I remember one time, the driver really started to creep me out. He was talking very loudly to himself in Spanish - which my (now very much former) friend with me could understand, and she informed me that not only was he speaking in Spanish, but he was very busy swearing at all the motorists too!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #142
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
But yeah, the Z3's cool. Pity it has stairs though - that's what wrecks it for me.
Really? I hate low floor trams. Mostly the look, because they could very easily be designed to look like classic trams, but also because of the low floor. I want my classic high floor, damnit!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #143
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Tourists nothing... anyone who hasn't memorised the tram route will be looking around in confusion (ie, me)....
I'm REALLY hopeless on tram routes I don't know, because I can't read the signs to see the stop number. So I just have to guess I'm in the right place by studying maps beforehand. I haven't gotten lost yet!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #144
Vocal parasite

My favourite self-taken tram photo ...

Three Z3s.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #145
Blue Crack Supplier

I saw what looked like a REALLY old tram the other day... can't remember where though... it was kinda the same shape as those city circle or restaurant trams, but with the old school green and gold paint and all... what's the oldest model of tram still running, Ax?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

On a completely unrelated note, I need to do some sparring. Got a few new moves I want to try out on some unsuspecting fellow martial artists...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 AM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Really? I hate low floor trams. Mostly the look, because they could very easily be designed to look like classic trams, but also because of the low floor. I want my classic high floor, damnit!
You've clearly never tried to carry a seven foot long spear on board a tram with stairs before then
Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I saw what looked like a REALLY old tram the other day... can't remember where though... it was kinda the same shape as those city circle or restaurant trams, but with the old school green and gold paint and all... what's the oldest model of tram still running, Ax?
Those are the W series, right? They used to run on Chapel Street where I went to school for some unfathomable reason. Now I see them mostly doing the loop.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

pre-bed milo time
Old 03-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #150
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Those would be the W class. The really, truly old Ws are all gone unfortunately, I think all of the ones in service now are W5s or later (which means none date earlier than the late 1940s), except for a couple of W2 trams still on restaurant duty. The green and cream ones tend to run the route 30 and route 78/79. I see them frequently on LaTrobe Street.

(That's one I photographed at the intersection of LaTrobe and Elizabeth.)

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread