Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What really fucking threw me was how TN just ... changes timezones somewhere around the middle.

:cute: i saw that text earlier but i can't remember if i responded or not. i could've told you it was in the eastern time zone.
you did reply, lol. with that exact smiley.

it's not much further east than nashville! i always thought atlanta was still relatively central to the united states. it's not like i was wrong either, but i only worked it out when i saw my flight was meant to depart at 11 (we left at 12:30, btw), and it was like just after 9am by my watch and i knew i had a 90 minute connection.

What really fucking threw me was how TN just ... changes timezones somewhere around the middle.
yeah, i've always wondered if you live kinda near a time zone line, how does that work? i assume no houses or businesses or anything are right on the line. but if so, do they get to pick which time zone they're in? what about people who work in one and live in another? common sense would tell you to just set all your clocks to work's time zone, but how do you remember when something's on tv?

you did reply, lol. with that exact smiley.

it's not much further east than nashville! i always thought atlanta was still relatively central to the united states. it's not like i was wrong either, but i only worked it out when i saw my flight was meant to depart at 11 (we left at 12:30, btw), and it was like just after 9am by my watch and i knew i had a 90 minute connection.
haha, oops.

true, but it's just far east enough to be in the different time zone. tbh, moving here was the first time i'd ever been outside of the eastern time zone.

yeah, i've always wondered if you live kinda near a time zone line, how does that work? i assume no houses or businesses or anything are right on the line. but if so, do they get to pick which time zone they're in? what about people who work in one and live in another? common sense would tell you to just set all your clocks to work's time zone, but how do you remember when something's on tv?

*headasplode*

haha, oops.

true, but it's just far east enough to be in the different time zone. tbh, moving here was the first time i'd ever been outside of the eastern time zone.
ax used to live on the gold coast. he may have some idea, although people closer the the qld/nsw border might be better subjects.

and heh, i've managed to be in all of the timezones in one trip. that's hilarious.

Oh, you should see Coolangatta/Tweed Heads at the south end of the Gold Coast. Coolangatta is in QLD, Tweed Heads is in NSW, and only NSW does daylight savings. The two blur into each other, like the state border runs down the middle of residential streets (and cuts through Coolangatta Airport, incidentally), so for half the year, it's madness for people who live on one side of the border and work on the other. Some Tweed businesses have refused to move onto DST, while some Coolangatta ones have observed it.

ax used to live on the gold coast. he may have some idea, although people closer the the qld/nsw border might be better subjects.

and heh, i've managed to be in all of the timezones in one trip. that's hilarious.
haha. i used to have a friend in arizona (parts of the state don't do dst) and it was similarly weird for her too during dst. she'd go from the mountain time zone to central...i think?

oooh, awesome. even i've never been in the mountain time zone.

Oh, you should see Coolangatta/Tweed Heads at the south end of the Gold Coast. Coolangatta is in QLD, Tweed Heads is in NSW, and only NSW does daylight savings. The two blur into each other, like the state border runs down the middle of residential streets (and cuts through Coolangatta Airport, incidentally), so for half the year, it's madness for people who live on one side of the border and work on the other. Some Tweed businesses have refused to move onto DST, while some Coolangatta ones have observed it.
haha, that's hilarious....ly awkward. i couldn't imagine living in an area like that.

I thought Liam was only 17.

:lmao:

As I've said multiple times before (though maybe not when you've been here?), I'm as many inches shorter than him as I am months older than him.

I'm roughly six inches shorter.

haha, that's hilarious....ly awkward. i couldn't imagine living in an area like that.

My Nan's currently working in NSW. It's a pain for her to have to leave so early, QLD time, but it means she gets home with extra time to do things before dinner.

Kentucky's the same way. Being in the western end of the state, if I ever make a trip to Louisville or something, I lose an hour going there, and get it back coming home.

What if your cable provider is on one timezone and you're on another?

:lmao:

As I've said multiple times before (though maybe not when you've been here?), I'm as many inches shorter than him as I am months older than him.

I'm roughly six inches shorter.

Then why the hell does his facebook say he's still in high school?!

My Nan's currently working in NSW. It's a pain for her to have to leave so early, QLD time, but it means she gets home with extra time to do things before dinner.
oh yikes. yeah, a typical 9-5 job would be 8-4, which isn't too bad!

What if your cable provider is on one timezone and you're on another?
see? chass gets it! i seriously want to know the answers to these questions.

Oh. Well, then I'm an idiot, obv.
actually in this case, i think it makes liam the idiot.

Haha, on the Gold Coast, you can pick up both QLD and NSW broadcasts of the major channels. Want to watch your favourite show an hour early? Just switch to the NSW feed! Hate how they just cut to the news in the middle of the cricket? Never fear, news isn't for an hour in NSW!

It's a pain for some people though. I knew one guy who was in QLD, but in a black spot for the QLD broadcast, so he had to go by NSW time to watch TV as he could get THAT version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom