Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg the past few pages are just :drool:

i looooooooooove indian and thai food, and i've been wanting to try ethiopian food for a while now. but i have no one to go wif :grumpy: i even have a coupon!

maybe i can get my mom to take me to this indian place i love after my doctor's appointment :hmm:

:drivesover:
i fuckin love ethiopian food. the bread is ingenius. fuckin bad ass! FUCK YEAH

It's probably an acquired taste. I daresay you'd be interested in this stuff:

800px-Lamb_rendang.jpg

It's called rendang. From Wikipedia: "Rendang is made from beef (or occasionally chicken, mutton, water buffalo meat, duck or vegetables like jackfruit or cassava) slowly cooked in coconut milk and spices for several hours until almost all the liquid is gone, leaving the meat coated in the spicy condiments. The cooking process changes from boiling to frying as the liquid evaporates. The slow cooking process allows the meat to absorb all the spices and to become tender. The spices may include ginger, galangal, turmeric leaf, lemon grass and chillies."

Rendang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:drool:

Stupid Cubs, playing games inthe stupid west, and them not being on til freaking 9 pm :grumpy:

So there are just few enough people in here for me to feel the need to make a random, long post regarding a conversation that occurred yesterday. Should I? :lol:

Ok, so yesterday everyone was talking about how all the music on the radio now is crap and such, and as I was driving to work with my sister today (and it being her car, listening to her music, specifically we were listening to Rhianna) I noticed how much she really loves that song. Like, she really truly does enjoy listening to it. So, really, do we, U2 fans, who are somewhat conceited about music anyways, hear songs we like on the radio? No, and really, do we want to? I don't, I mean, not FM radio anyways, Satellite radio sort of serves a purpose in letting channels catered to certain genres survive, because that's all they play. You can't do that on an FM channel. What I'm trying to say is the tendency is to say that all music on FM is crap, is sorta biased obviously, I mean, who's standards is the statement based on? Our own? The general worldview? Pretty much, I view it as this, if the music's making someone happy, then it has a right to exist. Do I think it's good? No. Do most people who listen to the same music I do think it's good? Definitely not. Do people who like it think it's good? Obviously, and at the same time, they pretty much think what we listen to is crap, it's all a matter of opinion. Anyways, that's just what I had on my mind :shrug: I'm not trying to say that anyone is in the wrong.

Ok, so yesterday everyone was talking about how all the music on the radio now is crap and such, and as I was driving to work with my sister today (and it being her car, listening to her music, specifically we were listening to Rhianna) I noticed how much she really loves that song. Like, she really truly does enjoy listening to it. So, really, do we, U2 fans, who are somewhat conceited about music anyways, hear songs we like on the radio? No, and really, do we want to? I don't, I mean, not FM radio anyways, Satellite radio sort of serves a purpose in letting channels catered to certain genres survive, because that's all they play. You can't do that on an FM channel. What I'm trying to say is the tendency is to say that all music on FM is crap, is sorta biased obviously, I mean, who's standards is the statement based on? Our own? The general worldview? Pretty much, I view it as this, if the music's making someone happy, then it has a right to exist. Do I think it's good? No. Do most people who listen to the same music I do think it's good? Definitely not. Do people who like it think it's good? Obviously, and at the same time, they pretty much think what we listen to is crap, it's all a matter of opinion. Anyways, that's just what I had on my mind :shrug: I'm not trying to say that anyone is in the wrong.

A lot of us do say that music on the radio is crap, but we are speaking in generalities. It doesn't mean that a good song is never on the radio, it's just becoming more and more of a rarity. Hence the wrath that radio gets nowadays.

And of course, one person's crap is another person's treasure, but I think if a poll was done in the public arena, most people would conclude that radio is not what it used to be.

A lot of us do say that music on the radio is crap, but we are speaking in generalities. It doesn't mean that a good song is never on the radio, it's just becoming more and more of a rarity. Hence the wrath that radio gets nowadays.

And of course, one person's crap is another person's treasure, but I think if a poll was done in the public arena, most people would conclude that radio is not what it used to be.
yeah, i agree. everyone's got their own favourites; i could say i wish radio was more like (insert some choice satellite stations here) and some (hi lemel) would look at me like :huh: :coocoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom