Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds cool to me. I'm not particularly familiar with South East Asian food, in fact I wanted to delve into it a little bit more since everyone always talks about how great Thai is. A lot of far Eastern food places at food courts tend to blend together to me because of the sheer amount of them, but there's one I particularly enjoy which I'm pretty sure is Malay, which is encouraging.

Spicy food is great. But I have to keep training my spice tolerance, building it up - otherwise it dies down a little.

Thai food is AMAZING. Especially the green curry and seafood tom yam. You must try it, seriously.

Malay is very good too, although I'll admit I'm somewhat biased on that front having grown up on it.

tomyam_sxn_17_bowl3.jpg

I was doing some major (panicky) postwhoring earlier this arvo for a few minutes, which racked up some score. Still, Axxo just has that consistency. I don't know how some of the guys here get 100 odd every superthread. I didn't think there was that much to talk about!

A brief check into the more Pleban related side to U2 news reveals that Bono has actually lost quite a lot of weight recently. Which of course means the album is coming along and they're going to start touring within 18 months. It's sort of amusing though, he's still about ten pounds overweight but the Plebans are all talking about how slim and fit he looks.

Those gals. :bono: :hug:

Last edited:
I was doing some major (panicky) postwhoring earlier this arvo for a few minutes, which racked up some score. Still, Axxo just has that consistency. I don't know how some of the guys here get 100 odd every superthread. I didn't think there was that much to talk about!

There usually is, and if there isn't, we spam pics. Especially Ian and Ax.

A brief check into the more Pleban related side to U2 news reveals that Bono has actually lost quite a lot of weight recently. Which of course means the album is coming along and they're going to start touring within 18 months. It's sort of amusing though, he's still about ten pounds overwight but the Plebans are all talking about how slim and fit he looks.

Those gals. :bono: :hug:

PLEBA. *shudder* I used to venture in there to look at their caption thread, which were occasionally funny, but now I just stay away.

What's in the seafood tom yam? As with red meat, I'm not your numero uno seafood eater either.

I'm not too sure to be honest - let's see what Wiki has to say:

Tom yum is characterized by its distinct hot and sour flavors, with fragrant herbs generously used. The basic broth is made of stock and fresh ingredients such as lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, shallots, lime juice, fish sauce, tamarind, and crushed chili peppers.

In Thailand, tom yum is usually made with prawns (tom yum goong), chicken (tom yum gai), fish (tom yum pla), or mixed seafood (tom yum talay or tom yum po taek) and mushrooms - usually straw or oyster mushrooms. The soup is often topped with generous sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves.

I'm not too sure to be honest - let's see what Wiki has to say:

Tom yum is characterized by its distinct hot and sour flavors, with fragrant herbs generously used. The basic broth is made of stock and fresh ingredients such as lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, shallots, lime juice, fish sauce, tamarind, and crushed chili peppers.

In Thailand, tom yum is usually made with prawns (tom yum goong), chicken (tom yum gai), fish (tom yum pla), or mixed seafood (tom yum talay or tom yum po taek) and mushrooms - usually straw or oyster mushrooms. The soup is often topped with generous sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves.

I see, so you can just go with a prawn tom yum? I tend to like prawns and calamari, that's about it as far as seafood goes, though. Again, though - sounds really nice, good mix of spices.

I see, so you can just go with a prawn tom yum? I tend to like prawns and calamari, that's about it as far as seafood goes, though. Again, though - sounds really nice, good mix of spices.

It's delicious stuff - you seriously have to try it sometime.

Not in the crazy "OH MY GOD JESUS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" slow power ballads that last 10 minutes while everyone in the arena holds their hands aloft and whispers to themselves with their eyes shut kind of way.

OH MY GOD, I shouldn't be laughing at all, but I am! It's sooo true!

Either your computer rocks harder than Larry Mullen on drugs, or it's not burning, yeah.

My computer isn't telling me to fuck off and die, so I'm concerned it's the latter. Or at least, it seems to be - says there's 97 minutes to go, and I truly can't be stuffed waiting for that. In fact, my body feels dilapidated, so I'm out. Have a good one. :wave:

My computer isn't telling me to fuck off and die, so I'm concerned it's the latter. Or at least, it seems to be - says there's 97 minutes to go, and I truly can't be stuffed waiting for that. In fact, my body feels dilapidated, so I'm out. Have a good one. :wave:

I was about to get outta here too, so see ya! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom