Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the discussion at the start of the thread, and Ax, 'cunt' is TOTALLY the most hardcore swearword here, not just in America. Every kid knows 'fuck', but 'cunt' is almost too much even for teenagers that swear all the time.

Also, nothing happened when we went to Cunter in Switzerland, did it?

That's certainly not my experience! As I said in one of my posts last night, I've even witnessed people arguing that "cunt" is not a swear word at all. That was the bizarrest argument. The only role I played was trying to get the guys to talk quietly since there were a couple of teachers nearby and I didn't want them to end up with Saturday morning detentions! :laugh:

What is the term for those dumb little toothbrush beards right under the bottom lip that a lot of people have these days that isn't 'clit-tickler'?

At school "fuck" was worth one detention. "Shit" wasn't worth, well...shit.

"Cunt", as one of my mates learnt is worth three principals detentions - even pleading ignorance to the significance of the word.

That's certainly not my experience! As I said in one of my posts last night, I've even witnessed people arguing that "cunt" is not a swear word at all. That was the bizarrest argument. The only role I played was trying to get the guys to talk quietly since there were a couple of teachers nearby and I didn't want them to end up with Saturday morning detentions! :laugh:

Yeah, that struck me is kind of odd. Can't be a regional thing, can it? Like, everywhere else in the world cunt is worse than fuck, but in the places you go to in Melbourne it's the opposite? :hmm:

Yeah, that struck me is kind of odd. Can't be a regional thing, can it? Like, everywhere else in the world cunt is worse than fuck, but in the places you go to in Melbourne it's the opposite? :hmm:

Could be, although I think they're usually about equal, depending.

With sailors, we use "cunt" a lot more to describe things, ie. "absolute cunt of a tight pull on the sail".

Says it all about Melbourne doesn't it.....:giggle:

:shifty: Where did the convicts settle????

Wasn't it Sydney first, then the better ones moved down to Melbourne?

If that's right, then that pretty much sums up Australian society in terms of Melbourne and Sydney.

At school "fuck" was worth one detention. "Shit" wasn't worth, well...shit.

"Cunt", as one of my mates learnt is worth three principals detentions - even pleading ignorance to the significance of the word.

:lol: "Fuck" and "cunt" both got you a Saturday morning detention at my school. I'm probably the only person who has ever gotten away with saying "fuck" to the teacher at a Christian high school. We all had our Modern History marks lowered by the Studies Board due to our assignment tasks not meeting their criteria (i.e. the teacher's fault, not ours), and in the silence that followed, I blurted out "you are fucking kidding". One girl exclaimed "André, what did you say?!", to which the teacher just said "I don't think you should ask him to repeat that" and simply moved on!

As for words like arsehole, bastard, and the like, I imagine they would have been worth an after-school detention but I don't recall anybody ever being caught saying them.

And shit? Yeah, not worth shit. I managed to talk my way out of a lunchtime detention for saying shit because the year eight and year nine co-ordinators couldn't agree on whether it was a swear word or not.

Could be, although I think they're usually about equal, depending.

With sailors, we use "cunt" a lot more to describe things, ie. "absolute cunt of a tight pull on the sail".

No, cunt is more taboo than fuck in what I imagine is the entire English speaking world, though I'm not sure about their equivalents in other languages. I'd grasp that in Spanish it's probably the same, since I'd see fuck in Spanish dictionaries at school but not cunt. But that could mean nothing.

That's how farmers talk, too. :lol:

:lol: "Fuck" and "cunt" both got you a Saturday morning detention at my school. I'm probably the only person who has ever gotten away with saying "fuck" to the teacher at a Christian high school. We all had our Modern History marks lowered by the Studies Board due to our assignment tasks not meeting their criteria (i.e. the teacher's fault, not ours), and in the silence that followed, I blurted out "you are fucking kidding". One girl exclaimed "André, what did you say?!", to which the teacher just said "I don't think you should ask him to repeat that" and simply moved on!

As for words like arsehole, bastard, and the like, I imagine they would have been worth an after-school detention but I don't recall anybody ever being caught saying them.

And shit? Yeah, not worth shit. I managed to talk my way out of a lunchtime detention for saying shit because the year eight and year nine co-ordinators couldn't agree on whether it was a swear word or not.

Haha, nice job. :up:

We didn't have convicts in Victoria! Well, I understand a few ended up around here when this was still part of NSW, but Victoria wasn't a convict settlement, unlike NSW, Tassie, QLD, and WA. Melbourne was founded as a city for free settlers.

tit.jpg

For the life of me, whenever I see this I think someones had their boob rebuilt.

We didn't have convicts in Victoria! Well, I understand a few ended up around here when this was still part of NSW, but Victoria wasn't a convict settlement, unlike NSW, Tassie, QLD, and WA. Melbourne was founded as a city for free settlers.

Like I said, just sums up the way things are today. SA must have just gotten the boring ones, and the NT just got the idiots and the poor old Aboriginals got stuck with them.

In my old school, I'm fairly certain that on average, the teachers swore more than the students. I'm also fairly certain that the teachers had a higher blood-alcohol level across the board at all times.

:lol: That argument was on the Gold Coast. Which may say it all.

Though I remember when I was about nine, before I left New Zealand, my friend and I were having an argument about the worst words, and my mother broke it up by telling us that fuck was slightly worse than cunt but they were both disgusting words little boys like us shouldn't know.

Of course, nowadays I'll say any word around my mother and neither of us bats an eyelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom