Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up at 8 instead of 7. I start work at 8:30. Its about the only time I'm glad I don't live in Melbourne, when I can leave home at 8:15 and make it to work at 8:30!

:laugh:

I'm intending to get to the Historical Society sometime by about 12:30. Which means leaving within an hour, as it's about a half hour trip. Better figure out what the hell to eat first ...

:laugh:

I'm intending to get to the Historical Society sometime by about 12:30. Which means leaving within an hour, as it's about a half hour trip. Better figure out what the hell to eat first ...

Mmmmm I didn't even have a proper breakfast, not that its unusual for me. Bread and Up-And-Go FTW :rockon:

So, I made a new CD for my car the other day. As I was driving, I heard this clicking sound. I believed it to be my keys tapping each other as they hung from the one in the ignition. So, I started holding them still as I drove, but the sound didn't stop. I turned the music down to get a better listen, and it was gone. I figured it must have stopped. So, I turn it back up. There it is again. And then it hits me:

I now know what clipping is.

That's right, the song was indeed Crumbs from Your Table. Turns out I'd never played it on a full stereo system and thus had never noticed the clipping.

k. i want to buy a macbook, but i'm trying to decide on from who.

i can get it from apple.com for $1199, but then i have to pay sales tax, which is $110.
i can get it from the store for $1199, plus get a free printer, and pay sales tax, which again is $100. but i don't know if i need a free printer.
or i can get it from amazon.com for $1299 (it's cheaper from apple cuz i get an education discount) but pay no sales tax.

The free printer will most likely suck. I'd get it through Apple direct as their support is better than any store.

U2 needs to re-record all their albums with the live developments, IMO. That would be fucking epic.

U2 needs to re-record all their albums with the live developments, IMO. That would be fucking epic.

Except that would mean cutting RHMT from JT. :wink:

No, seriously, I'd love things like a studio WOWY with Shine Like Stars.

Well, yeah, things like that are fine. And there are a couple of songs better in studio than live (i.e.: Stay, Staring at the Sun).

Well, yeah, things like that are fine. And there are a couple of songs better in studio than live (i.e.: Stay, Staring at the Sun).

I think the full band electric live Stay, e.g. 28 August 1993, absolutely slays the studio version.

The acoustic version is junk, though.

At the very least, U2 needs to release a few live albums with good track selection and good flow. Under a Blood Red Sky is good ... but that's all there is.

Did it go well?

Mine did and I'm 95% sure I got the job.

It ended up my friend did give me the interview and that was great. But the thing is that, she siad I'll probably have to have a second interview. So from the sounds of it, by the time I even got to start it'll be like two weeks from now, and they won't hire me then, I'm leaving back from school in mid-August

When The Levee Breaks is fucking losing in the latest Zeppelin survivor thread.

Sometimes I have no idea what the people in B&C are thinking...

Best from that album! The only two from that album I'd rank close to it is Stairway to Heaven and Rock and Roll.

The rest out yet?

Oh, it's an Apple store. Then why even ask? That's the way to go.
okay :D

i'd just get it online so i don't have the hassle of going to the store (it hurts my foot to drive) but the printer i want isn't on sale online. it's $200 online, $100 in the store. so with purchase, it'd be $100 online, free in store. :fuckyeah:

OK, I better make my way to the Historical Society. See you folks this evening. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom