Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm gonna keep posting each 80's song I'm listening to, because, well, I can.

Some Like It Hot by Power Station

Is there any better drum opening that this song? I mean, seriously.
FUCK YEAH!!!!

i love that song. i love that band. i love that album. and yes, the drums are killer. tony thompson was a fantastic drummer.

The only official live release video of the 70s is the Hammersmith Odeon show from London in '75. I own it as part of the Born to Run 30th Anniversary Edition release. It's absolutely awesome. And, last I checked, it's on YouTube in its entirety. It includes Jungleland and Kitty's Back.

And I recall you asking about how Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out sounded live. That's on there too.

It's on DVD as part of the Born To Run box set, and it's also a 2CD set. It's awesome!

Live at the Hammersmith

I'm not sure what the setlist is offhand, but when it comes to live albums, I suggest Live - 1975/1985.

It's on DVD as part of the Born To Run box set, and it's also a 2CD set. It's awesome!

Live at the Hammersmith

Hammersmith! Rosalita and For You are probably my favorite parts of that concert. I really like that slowed down version of For You, I wish I had it on my computer. I need to get around to ripping those songs

oh and i recommend reading everything online cuz they'll tell you what you need to bring (two forms of id, one with your photo and one proving you're a us citizen. the easiest ones are driver's license and birf certificate)

the form's quick to fill out though. it's just one page.

Live at the Hammersmith

How about Spirit in the Night from that show, too? And Backstreets?

Holy shit, what a great DVD that is.

i went to the post office for mine. there's other places you can get them but that's the easiest place, cuz every post office issues them. they're about $100 and they're good for....ten years i think? they'll take your picture too for, i think it's $15.

Yeah ten years. I really wanna use mine a few more times before it expires :grumpy:

How about Spirit in the Night from that show, too? And Backstreets?

Holy shit, what a great DVD that is.

The only thing I wasn't so keen on was that I watched it kinda late and fell asleep during the year-long version of E Street Shuffle

I knew I was gonna get that reaction from you for that one. :lol:

Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star

ok, so that one isn't technically from the 80's, oh well

Your telling me. Do you know how pissed off my friend and i were when we found that out when we were doing a video project for the 80s (and by we I mean me...he wasn't a lot of help) I had done all this work with the song, and then I find out about two days before it was due that it was written in 79. I almost destroyed my computer.

I'm not sure what the setlist is offhand, but when it comes to live albums, I suggest Live - 1975/1985.

The Live box set is a great overview of his tours up through Born In The U.S.A.

I'm hoping we get a full concert from every tour now that he did it for Born To Run. This is the 30th anniversary year for Darkness, and I'm praying he has a release for that like he did for BTR, because that tour smoked.

Hammersmith! Rosalita and For You are probably my favorite parts of that concert. I really like that slowed down version of For You, I wish I had it on my computer. I need to get around to ripping those songs

She's the One from that show ftmfw :combust:

Hell, he could probably do that song sick as a dog and I'd still die over it. :drool:

i went to the post office for mine. there's other places you can get them but that's the easiest place, cuz every post office issues them. they're about $100 and they're good for....ten years i think? they'll take your picture too for, i think it's $15.

Wow, $115? I'm going to have no spending money over the next several months. I don't want to think about what the flight will cost.

The Live box set is a great overview of his tours up through Born In The U.S.A.

I'm hoping we get a full concert from every tour now that he did it for Born To Run. This is the 30th anniversary year for Darkness, and I'm praying he has a release for that like he did for BTR, because that tour smoked.

Everytime someone posts something about the 30th anniversary of Darkness on backstreets I get so excited, and then I'm just disappointed :(

Your telling me. Do you know how pissed off my friend and i were when we found that out when we were doing a video project for the 80s (and by we I mean me...he wasn't a lot of help) I had done all this work with the song, and then I find out about two days before it was due that it was written in 79. I almost destroyed my computer.

:lmao:

It does have significant historical relevance for the 80's though, thanks to MTV, so hopefully you were still able to use it.

Well my ears are sufficiently burned after listening to that myspace.....seriously, is it a joke? That's a voice only a mother could love....

How is everyone today?

:lmao:

It does have significant historical relevance for the 80's though, thanks to MTV, so hopefully you were still able to use it.

We had to have a greatest ______ of the 80s
Greatest person
Greatest event
Greatest book
Greatest SONG
etc.

That was the song. We ended up going with :reject: Feed The World. Why? Cause I had to finish that project on my own at 4 am the day it was due. That's why. SO BITE ME RYAN.....:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom