Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunt is far worse than fuck because it so often used as a really mean term to describe women. I personally would never use the word in public.

To my ears, "bitch" is worse than "cunt". I find "cunt" more generalised, as the harshest personalised insult for somebody or something that is rather intensely disliked (and although it's a word I rarely use, I'd say I've more frequently used it with reference to males), though still less strong a word in general than "fuck". "Bitch" feels like it has more overtly sexist overtones and it's the swear word I avoid more than any other.

Personally, I would consider "fuck" to be the strongest swear word with "cunt" a close second. I would say that's the general Aussie/Kiwi perception too.

Fuck is used on a daily basis in America, by almost everyone I know. It's not nearly as bad as cunt. I dont even like to type that word. It's sick and disgusting and I really dont care to see it on the main forum page every 5 seconds, and I'm sure the majority of this forum wouldnt appreciate it either.

Shit, bitch, fuck, damn, crap etc.. common used words here. The other, no.

True, around here.

Ask Axver and he'll probably disagree because of the context it's used in where he's from.

Take as an example from today. My camera died just before I was about to take an amazing shot that I knew I would have to wait 20 minutes I didn't have to replicate. I blurted out "you cunt!" at the camera. Slightly less harsh than "fuck!", and not sexist like "you little bitch!" would've been.

Take as an example from today. My camera died just before I was about to take an amazing shot that I knew I would have to wait 20 minutes I didn't have to replicate. I blurted out "you cunt!" at the camera. Slightly less harsh than "fuck!", and not sexist like "you little bitch!" would've been.

see, i would have called my camera a motherfucker for not working...

Right, and that's probably normal for you and most people down there. Understood.

For me, and most of us over here, our reaction would have been something like "you little fuck!" or "fuckin' piece of shit"...

or what elfa said :lol: "motherfucker" is a good example.

Fuck is used on a daily basis in America, by almost everyone I know. It's not nearly as bad as cunt. I dont even like to type that word. It's sick and disgusting and I really dont care to see it on the main forum page every 5 seconds, and I'm sure the majority of this forum wouldnt appreciate it either.

Shit, bitch, fuck, damn, crap etc.. common used words here. The other, no.

I'd say the daily level of usage here probably isn't much different. I rarely hear anybody use "cunt", and my aforementioned usage of it today is quite possibly the first or second time it's left my mouth this year. I suspect part of the reason why it's not viewed quite as harshly as "fuck" is precisely for that reason - it slips a little off the radar due to more infrequent usage.

But fair enough. Like I said, my surprise at the edit (which, I emphasise, is surprise, not objection) is based on the fact that since Fucking stayed, I thought Fire Cunt would too.

Well, anyway, this time I'm out for the night for real. :wave:

Cunt is far worse than fuck because it so often used as a really mean term to describe women. I personally would never use the word in public.

Agreed. It's one of the few swears I absolutely refuse to use. That and racial slurs.

:ohmy:

I find those words highly offensive! :angry:

:yes: :yikes:

What are the rules concerning the usage of "fuck" in a thread title? I remember a thread a while back (one of Brau's threads, I think) had to be edited because fuck was used in a sexually explicit manner.

:yes: :yikes:

What are the rules concerning the usage of "fuck" in a thread title? I remember a thread a while back (one of Brau's threads, I think) had to be edited because fuck was used in a sexually explicit manner.

I think it should be pretty obvious, if you're using it as a swear word 'what the fuck' or something that's probably ok but if you're calling someone a fucking something or other its a little more crude. Personally I dont like to see strong swear words in thread titles at all.

I think we're pretty lenient about swearing here. I know a lot of sites that censor all the swear words.

And Screwtape, if you've got nothing better to do, go listen to The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle.

Please do this, Screwy.

In contrast to this, I'm cranking up the new Weezer for the first time. Cuomo is really a shitty lyricist now.

Funny - I'm listening to it right now.

I'm not too impressed so far, unfortunately. It's not a good sign when Pork & Beans is actually one of the better songs.

Funnier, I'm on Greatest Man That Ever Lived and love it so far. The creativity is back. Based on the first three tracks, it's already in a solid position to be an improvement on Make Believe, which isn't saying a lot I suppose, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom