Kumamoto, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phanan, what do you think of Devils and Dust?

A very good album. Better than The Ghost Of Tom Joad because it's got a bit more variety to it, where as Joad tends to prod on and on. Some excellent songs - the title cut, All The Way Home, Leah, Maria's Bed, etc. The solo acoustic tour he did for it was fantastic.

One of the better non-E Street albums, although I think Seeger Sessions is better overall.

i'm sorry, i know where that title is from of course, but it still always makes me think of bob seger

:reject:

Since they aren't spelled the same, I never see it that way.

I do appreciate Bob Seger, though. Seems nobody ever talks about him around here. He obviously can't compare to Bruce, but I'll take him over the likes of Petty and Mellencamp anyday.

Since they aren't spelled the same, I never see it that way.

I do appreciate Bob Seger, though. Seems nobody ever talks about him around here. He obviously can't compare to Bruce, but I'll take him over the likes of Petty and Mellencamp anyday.

i like him. my dad's a fan so i've grown up hearing him. my parents saw him live...i think it was last year. i didn't go but i wonder if i should've, if at least because he's one of those people i'll probably never see live. plus, it was the last concert at the pyramid, which is a landmark here and has been closed for some fucked up reason.

A very good album. Better than The Ghost Of Tom Joad because it's got a bit more variety to it, where as Joad tends to prod on and on. Some excellent songs - the title cut, All The Way Home, Leah, Maria's Bed, etc. The solo acoustic tour he did for it was fantastic.

One of the better non-E Street albums, although I think Seeger Sessions is better overall.

Are there any DVDs for Devil's and Dust? I still haven't heard Seeger Sessions, but I don't know, American Land is amazing, Pay Me My Money Down is...interesting.

I have listened to Tom Joad at least three times and I still can only pick two songs of it out individually, the rest of it, I forget I'm listening to anything. Not to say I don't like it, but yeah, it feels like it plods. Whereas with D&D I didn't even want to pause to answer the phone, I just immediately liked it

i like him. my dad's a fan so i've grown up hearing him. my parents saw him live...i think it was last year. i didn't go but i wonder if i should've, if at least because he's one of those people i'll probably never see live. plus, it was the last concert at the pyramid, which is a landmark here and has been closed for some fucked up reason.

I've never seen him, either, and that was the first time he toured in over a decade. And I don't know if he will again or not. From what I've heard, he's always been a good live act.

April mentioned that she probably should have tried to see him as well, seeing as how he's from Detroit and everything, and I think he wrapped up the tour there. Could very well have been his last shows ever.

He really did have a run of very good albums, though. Live Bullet, Night Moves, Stranger In Town, Against The Wind, The Distance. A great stretch.

I've never seen him, either, and that was the first time he toured in over a decade. And I don't know if he will again or not. From what I've heard, he's always been a good live act.

April mentioned that she probably should have tried to see him as well, seeing as how he's from Detroit and everything, and I think he wrapped up the tour there. Could very well have been his last shows ever.

He really did have a run of very good albums, though. Live Bullet, Night Moves, Stranger In Town, Against The Wind, The Distance. A great stretch.
:depressed: well fuck. at least i've seen some other geezers who might never tour again.

Are there any DVDs for Devil's and Dust? I still haven't heard Seeger Sessions, but I don't know, American Land is amazing, Pay Me My Money Down is...interesting.

I have listened to Tom Joad at least three times and I still can only pick two songs of it out individually, the rest of it, I forget I'm listening to anything. Not to say I don't like it, but yeah, it feels like it plods. Whereas with D&D I didn't even want to pause to answer the phone, I just immediately liked it

There is no DVD from the Devils & Dust tour as of now, although the Boston shows at TD BankNorth were pro shot. However, I went to that show, and it was so by the book setlist-wise that it actually was the worst of the three I saw (earlier Boston and Hartford were much, much better), so I'm wondering if he didn't like it and therefore held it back.

When I say worst of the three, keep in mind it's still a damn good show. :D

Seeger Sessions is a fun, loose album - much different than anything he's done, but very satisfying. The show I saw on that tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

If I had to rank the non-E Street albums, it would probably go like this:

1. Nebraska
2. Tunnel Of Love
3. Seeger Sessions
4. Devils & Dust
5. Lucky Town
6. The Ghost Of Tom Joad
7. Human Touch

Well, you never know.

But Seger in particular looks old. He's only four years older than Springsteen, but looks like he's pushing 70 instead.
this is true. my dad is the same age as bruce springsteen, and i don't think my dad's that old.

he acts like he's 80 though :huh: (my dad, not bruce obviously lol)

There is no DVD from the Devils & Dust tour as of now, although the Boston shows at TD BankNorth were pro shot. However, I went to that show, and it was so by the book setlist-wise that it actually was the worst of the three I saw (earlier Boston and Hartford were much, much better), so I'm wondering if he didn't like it and therefore held it back.

When I say worst of the three, keep in mind it's still a damn good show. :D

Seeger Sessions is a fun, loose album - much different than anything he's done, but very satisfying. The show I saw on that tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

If I had to rank the non-E Street albums, it would probably go like this:

1. Nebraska
2. Tunnel Of Love
3. Seeger Sessions
4. Devils & Dust
5. Lucky Town
6. The Ghost Of Tom Joad
7. Human Touch

oh man, forgot about Nebraska, and I didn't realize Tunnel of Love was non-E Street. I love Tunnel of Love. And Atlantic City is probably in my top five favorite songs by Springsteen.

This:

Bob_Seger_Keyboard.jpg

Compared to this:

bruce_springsteen.jpg

oh man, forgot about Nebraska, and I didn't realize Tunnel of Love was non-E Street. I love Tunnel of Love. And Atlantic City is probably in my top five favorite songs by Springsteen.

Aside from a few guest appearances (most notably on the title track), Tunnel Of Love is solo.

Same with Tom Joad and Devils & Dust - a few E Streeters make guest appearances, but it's still non-E Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom