KTCL sucks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
so they did the top 93.3 songs of the 90's today (for 93.3). i voted earlier this week, and there were like 20 u2 songs on the ballot. i listened all day today and did not here a single u2 song. needless to say i was pretty upset. anyway, here were the top 10.

1.When I Come Around Green Day
2.Smells Like Teen Spirit Nirvana
3.Basket Case Green Day
4.Welcome To Paradise Green Day
5.Buddy Holly Weezer
6.Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers
7.What I Got Sublime
8.Come As You Are Nirvana
9.Pretty Fly (for A White Guy) Offspring
10.What's My Age Again ? Blink 182

this list sucks. i really thought that one would be in here at some point. and when i figured green day would get #1, i figured they would at least have good riddance, but when i come around? this is not even the best green day song, let alone the best song of the 90's.

i decided that i don't want to listen to the same station as these morons, so pretty much i'll be listening to kbco (97.3), kcsu (90.5), and the mountain (99.5) from now on. this is sad because ktcl used to be awesome. the music on that station kept me alive through some tough times in middle and high school. i guess that part of my life is over now.

:wink:

Perhaps part of the problem is that there were 20 U2 songs listed. Everyone has different favorites and no one (or two) gets enough votes to make it in. It would be interesting to know how many votes U2 got altogether.

Besides, it's just a popularity contest. I've never put much stock in popularity contests myself.

indra said:
Perhaps part of the problem is that there were 20 U2 songs listed. Everyone has different favorites and no one (or two) gets enough votes to make it in. It would be interesting to know how many votes U2 got altogether.

Besides, it's just a popularity contest. I've never put much stock in popularity contests myself.
that's a good call, except i would guess that most people who were voting would have looked at the list and been like "zoo station, zooropa, wtf?" and been like hey "one, mysterious ways" i know them, click.

plus in the voting, you weren't limited to how many songs you could pick, you just went through the list and clicked what you wanted. conceivably, you could have voted for every song on the list.

i also don't think the number should have hurt them, green day had at least ten songs on the list.

oh well, i'll just listen to kbco. it seems like you can't go an hour without hearing a different (and deeper) u2 song. in the last couple days i have heard all i want is you, miracle drug, and one tree hill, after an approximate total of an hour and a half of listening.

oh good call on the .3 of a song. it took me a minute to catch what you meant LOL. i guess maybe they just rounded down, but now that i think of it, i feel even more short changed:wink:

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
who cares?
it's not that i care. it's just that it makes me question whether life is worth living if my radio station is not worth listening to. for a while i had decided it wasn't. that was the original reason i posted.

after that i realized that there are other radio stations out there, and that maybe i could go on. but then again, who really knows if there even is an "out there". what if all of this is happening inside my head? what if i just made the whole thing up? what if i'm not really sitting here right now?

some might say they don't believe in heaven, but go tell it to the man who lives in hell.

some may say that you all out there will provide me with something that can prove an external reality to me. someone outside of me is responding to me. but for all i know, everyone here is just the random fumblings of the inner workings of my computer, designed by microsoft to provide me with a computer driven sense of self. if that's the case where does that leave me?

i'm scared, lonely, and confused, and worst of all, my favorite radio station has deserted me in my time of need. so i guess that's why i care.

blink 182's last album was ten times better than most of the shit that's been talked about on this forum lately.

that is a shit list. impressively shit.

keep your dial on 93.3 and move to hamilton ontario and you can listen to my show on wednesday mornings!

Yeah. I've seen some bad lists, but this one tops it.
There's only one genre going on in it. I wouldn't trust a list of top ten that draws from just one musical style.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
blink 182's last album was ten times better than most of the shit that's been talked about on this forum lately.
Yeah, everyone says that. I've only heard the singles, so I won't even pretend I'm credible, but I think it's funny everyone thinks they've made some gigantic evolution just because they've left the dick jokes out this time. It's like they set the bar so low with their first run of albums that anything they come out with now will sound amazing.

Come on, Shrm...that list represents exactly what 93.3 plays these days. They would play a U2 song just for the prestige of being the first to air it. After that, they never really play it again. Same with Radiohead, seems they only play Creep. Once in a while, you might hear Karma Police.

They DO however play Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day quite a bit, with a fair sprinkling of With or Without You. I would be interested to see a 93.3 best of the 80's countdown.

But then again, the station does still suck. So, in that case, I'll just stick with the best radio station in the land...

0304-kbco.gif

heck yes

JeffD

show your soul

ADecentMelody said:
Come on, Shrm...that list represents exactly what 93.3 plays these days. They would play a U2 song just for the prestige of being the first to air it. After that, they never really play it again. Same with Radiohead, seems they only play Creep. Once in a while, you might hear Karma Police.
fair enough, that is all they play now! that is my problem with them. back in the day i learned about nirvana, goldfinger, the ramones, and echo and the bunnymen from them. i mellowed out to glycerine and letting the cables sleep, and made everyone shut up when beautiful day came on...then clear channel bought them and they've been going steadily downhill since.

so anyway, here's their whole list, #1-93, top to bottom.

Green Day - "When I Come Around"
Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Green Day - "Basket Case"
Green Day - "Welcome To Paradise"
Weezer - "Buddy Holly"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Californication"
Sublime - "What I Got"
Nirvana - "Come As You Are"
Offspring - "Pretty Fly (for A White Guy)"
Blink 182 - "Whats My Age Again"
Weezer - "Undone- The Sweater Song"
Blink 182 - "All The Small Things"
No Doubt - "Just A Girl"
Weezer - "Say It Aint So"
Sublime - "Wrong Way"
Sublime - "Santeria"
Eve 6 - "Inside Out"
Sublime - "Smoke Two Joints"
Beck - "Loser"
Blink 182 - "Adams Song"
Incubus - "Pardon Me"
Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
Offspring - "Why Dont You Get A Job?"
Bush - "Glycerine"
No Doubt - "Dont Speak"
Nirvana - "All Apologies"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under The Bridge"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Scar Tissue"
Nirvana - "Heart-shaped Box"
Dave Mathews Band - "Crash Into Me"
Green Day - "Brain Stew"
Green Day - "Longview"
Everclear - "Father Of Mine"
Garbage - "Stupid Girl"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
Offspring - "Self Esteem"
Social Distortion - "Story Of My Life"
Korn - "Freak On A Leash"
Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun"
Blink 182 - "Damn It"
Offspring - "The Kids Arent Alright"
Social Distortion - "Ball And Chain"
Nirvana - "Rape Me"
No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
Radiohead - "Creep"
Nirvana - "Lithium"
Nine Inch Nails - "Head Like A Hole"
Third Eye Blind - "Semi-charmed Life"
Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
Oasis - "Wonderwall"
Goo Goo Dolls - "Iris"
Counting Crows - "Mr Jones"
Social Distortion - "Ring Of Fire"
Green Day - "She"
Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Tonight, Tonight"
Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"
Cure - "Friday Im In Love"
Foo Fighters - "Learn To Fly"
Offspring - "Come Out And Play"
Cake - "The Distance"
Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain"
Limp Bizkit - "Nookie"
Cake - "Never There"
Presidents Of The Usa - "Peaches"
Sublime - "Date Rape"
Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
Foo Fighters - "My Hero"
Cake - "Rock N Roll Lifestyle"
Sublime - "Caress Me Down"
Cranberries - "Zombie"
Rage Against The Machine - "Killing In The Name"
Marcy Playground - "Sex & Candy"
Incubus - "Stellar"
Green Day - "Jaded"
Marilyn Manson - "The Beautiful People"
Nirvana - "About A Girl (unplugged)"
Offspring - "Gotta Get Away"
Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Suck My Kiss"
Green Day - "Hitchin A Ride"
Nine Inch Nails - "Hurt"
Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic"
Third Eye Blind - "Hows It Going To Be"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
Rage Against The Machine - "Guerrilla Radio"
Godsmack - "Voodoo"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Impression That I Get"
Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus"
Pearl Jam - "Jeremy"
Bloodhound Gang - "The Bad Touch"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Otherside"
Nirvana - "Dumb"

so yeah, what thefly7 said...except i should be plugging the station i get to be on the air with

"88.1 Aims Student Radio, Radio with a community college attitude and .50000 watts of power!"

ADecentMelody said:

Dammit, that's my iTrip station. Now, I'll have to change to a higher frequency! :wink:
hahahaha...well, it does have a .50000 watt antenna, so yeah, i would change that if you are ever planning on being within a two block radius of 47th and 20th in greeley, between about 9am and 3pm on weekdays and have a fairly decent antenna on your car.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom