Krispy Kreme makes people krazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Darn it, of course we have to get one of these once I've started my low-carb way of life! :mad:

Woman's 13-Day Krispy Kreme Vigil Ends
2 hours, 29 minutes ago Add AP - Feature Stories to My Yahoo!

LANSING, Mich. - For 13 nights, Annie Lewis slept on the street just feet from the area's first Krispy Kreme store, setting a record ahead of its opening.

The East Lansing resident beamed as her son, 12-year-old Gregg Pullano, cut a ribbon Tuesday, signaling the opening. Gregg, who is autistic and is obsessed with Krispy Kremes, was the first customer through the door.

The previous Krispy Kreme record of most nights spent outside a store before it opened was 12.

Lewis said she camped out to make Gregg happy and to raise awareness about autism. She also used the opportunity to raise money for the Cedar Community Playground project, an initiative to build a playground at a school.

"A lot of people probably think I'm a nut for doing this," Lewis told The State News of East Lansing.

Gregg also turned on the store's signature "hot light" neon sign that tells passing motorists when hot doughnuts are coming off the line. In the midst of his first doughnut, Gregg paused long enough to declare it "super good" and give it a thumbs up.

Ken Cantwell of Lansing said he took the day off work to attend the opening. He said he wants to get a Krispy Kreme logo tattoo and plans to have a groom's cake made out of the glazed doughnuts for his wedding next year.

"I wanted to have it for the wedding cake, but my fiancee said no," he told The Lansing State Journal.

Krispy Kreme has its headquarters in Winston-Salem, N.C.

(BTW, my 'krazy' in the title - I don't mean any disrespect to the autistic child in this story...)

I've never had a Krispy Kreme. I heard that we are supposed to be getting one in our town though.

Infidel! Krispy Kremes are manna!

Actually, I think it is really great that a mom went to such lengths to give her autistic son such a treat. He may not be able to show it, but I am sure it was an incredibly special day for the boy.

They are indeed delicious.

When they first opened up a Krispy Kreme here a few years ago, you pretty much had to wait inline for 30 mins minimum for the first 6 months it was open.

I have never had a krispy kreme

That woman did a good thing though :up:

u2popmofo said:
They are indeed delicious.

When they first opened up a Krispy Kreme here a few years ago, you pretty much had to wait inline for 30 mins minimum for the first 6 months it was open.

Same here. It's finally quieted down, but they did put it in Highlands Ranch (aka Yuppieville) so people tend toeat their *dinner* there.

I love them. :drool:

Krispee Kreme, we just got one in my town :drool:

for at least a month the traffic was perpetually stopped on the highway outside the KK. I think they may still have policemen monitoring the parking lot!! :lol: :coocoo:

:tongue:

i only like krispy kreme when they're hot. howevah, i can eat dunkin donuts any time! but the nearest one is an hour and a half away. then again, all the krispy kreme stores here are in the ghetto, so i'd still rather make the long drive than face getting shot. :laugh:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i only like krispy kreme when they're hot. howevah, i can eat dunkin donuts any time! but the nearest one is an hour and a half away. then again, all the krispy kreme stores here are in the ghetto, so i'd still rather make the long drive than face getting shot. :laugh:

I'd take the risk for a Krispy Kreme :drool:

For those who are familiar with Tommy's Burgers in Southern California, it is a risk to go on a late night run to the original downtown location, but oh are they worth it!

The first Krispy Kreme stores are opening here in Australia.
As the cell phone and internet did to communication, so Krispy Kreme have done to donuts.

They are not just better, they are an evolution.

Before I opened the thread I guessed a Krispy Kreme was a bit like an Arnott's Kingston biscuit ...and I just ate waaaaaaaaay too many of them:sick:. I see they are some kind of chain store donutty-ma-jig.....just as hard to resist.
We only just got a Subway store in our area (queues out the door , up the path and around the corner).My youngest son thinks they are great, taste and value..he talks me into going there and standing in the queue for him:crazy:
So we may get a Krispy Kreme in about 2023AD...we'll have to make do with the Donut King in the meantime...their special at the moment is chocolate mudcake donuts...do they HAVE to?:drool:I could eat a freekin' sugar cane field at the moment:crazy:

The first ever Kripsy Kreme outside North America opened where I live a few months ago, and ever since, I have been on this personal smear campaing against them. (smear is such a hideous word aint it? :wink: )
Anyways, the hype when they opened was somethng to behold. For just a stinking lousy donut, they cause more hassle than they are worth. Mind you, they did open on the grounds of one of NSW's largest leagues clubs so they get an automatic -100 points just for foresight. I've been there 3 times since they opened, and each time seemed more of a nightmare than the last. Drive-through for a stinking donut! WTF is that????? No one is THAT desperate for one! And at 3am! 24 hour donuts. PFFFT!!
I'll stop my bitching, as I clearly miss something here with them, lol.

This woman is wonderful for what she did for her son though. Good for her :)

I think having a Krispy Kreme donut can send you into a diabetic coma.

Back
Top Bottom