Kraftwerk appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I'm sitting here and listening to Kraftwerk. I think it's cool that U2 cover Kraftwerk. What a great band they are, and they deserve the attention they get from this. Maybe it's not the most U2-thing to do, to cover Kraftwerk. But I really think it's great.

I remember Kraftwerk at MTV-awards last year (or something). They blew everyone away by just standing there and making this great music pour out - and most people didn't understand what they were doing. That Britney Spears probably thought they were an unknown band or robots of some kind. ;)

It was said that the Edge got the rest of the band to listen to Kraftwerk while they were looking for inspiration during the Hansa Studio days. :up:

Computer World is a great record, but it's been a while since I've listened. I should listen to more Kraftwerk, they really are pioneers in their own right and have inspired a lot of electronic aritsts.

:der:

it's good to know these things, i guess. maybe i should start reading the u2 news stuff...?

i didn't know about the album title until earlier today either..

:shrug:

that's me being all "i don't give a shit" tough. or something.

I'd like to pick some of their 'classic' albums up, I never seen them anywhere in CD format though.

Back
Top Bottom