Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here I am!!!!

first of all..I'm not good at English..(truely sooooo poor..sorry)

We are in a festive mood.
On the street, everyone is singing our fighting song and sound a horn..really excitment festive mood.

well..Italians could have complaints about the umpire's decision, but..Korea team played really eagerly.and I'm so proud of them.
Of course! Italy team well done.

Oh~~~ Pilsung !! Korea!! (our supporting song)

Red waves will continue on the third round!!

again..sorry for my poor english..^____^

Irrespectively of this...
U2!!!!! please.......... Come to Korea!!!

Last edited:
:eek: i am still in shock over this one! i think italy played it too conservatively and unfortuntately paid the price for it. :(

:( maldini!:heart:

Last edited:
What a losers those Italians, they where hoping for the penalty shootout. Italy was already picking the names and lost concentration. Great for Korea,.....

Re: Here I am!!!!

yasha said:
first of all..I'm not good at English..(truely sooooo poor..sorry)

We are in a festive mood.
On the street, everyone is singing our fighting song and sound a horn..really excitment festive mood.

well..Italians could have complaints about the umpire's decision, but..Korea team played really eagerly.and I'm so proud of them.
Of course! Italy team well done.

Oh~~~ Pilsung !! Korea!! (our supporting song)

Red waves will continue on the third round!!

again..sorry for my poor english..^____^

Irrespectively of this...
U2!!!!! please.......... Come to Korea!!!

Congrats yasha :)

Good match. Well done Korea!

Rono said:
What a losers those Italians, they where hoping for the penalty shootout. Italy was already picking the names and lost concentration. Great for Korea,.....

Why on earth would *Italy* want to play for a shootout???

How can you say we were lucky????????!!!!!!!!!
We had 4 regoular goals turned invalid
and one more today (and it was a golden goal) ...and Totti kicked out?
....sure...very very lucky

and believe me we didn't want to go for the shoothout because in the World Championship we've always lost with that!!

however good luck to everybody!!! Go Senegal&Spain!!!!!!

Come on Italians, blaming the referee is too easy, you can blame yourself for this this time. OK, so the 2nd yellow card for Tooti was incorrect (it wasn't a penalty either since he did play the ball), and yes, it also wasn't offside for tomassi. Though it still isn't certain if he scored if the ref didn't whistle, vieri also missed a once in a lifetime opportunity in the 90th minute..
But start looking at yourself and your arrogant unattractive and risky catenaccio tactics, thinking one goal is enough, so absolutely not attempting to score another one. Replacing a striker for a midfielder even when you're the much better team by then, that's asking for trouble. if you just really tried to score one more goal, and you have more than enough quality to do so, the game would be yours. Defending is a lousy unattractive style of playing and doesn't deserve to beat those who do want to play forward and please keep that in mind for the next time.

I'm still excited about it. Never seen such drama in sports before! Imagine, kicking the equalizing goal in the last 3 minutes of the 2nd half! And getting the winning goal within the 118th minute or something like that! It was amazing! Looking forward to Korea vs Spain!

foray

I wonder if anyone was actually watching the same match as me.

I dont think in genereal Italy played defensively, I mean, its one thing being negative, its quite another getting men behind the ball when the other team is in possession.

Italy created a host of chances throughout the match which shows that they did not played negatively, and yes to some extent it is their own fault, but for missing chances, not for the over-hyped catenaccio strategy.

But the referees have been against Italy in the world cup, and Totti seems to get more than his fair share of it. It seems his reputation is more important to the officials than what he does on the pitch and it seems to rule their decisions.
Two matches have been stolen from the Italians in this world cup, and it gives me sever doubts of the chances of a fair winner.

I dont mean any disrespect to S. Korea by any of this, They're a nice team, but they were outclassed yesterday and were rescued by the referee.

Perugia (Italy) has just cut Jung-Hwan Ahn.

How's that for pettiness?

speedracer said:

Not only petty, but disgraceful. If Italy have any complaints (which they justifiably do), its with the officials not with a player that was doing what every international player should do, which is play to win!

here is one of the news articles for anyone who hasn't heard the detail:-

ROME, June 19 (AFP) - South Korea hero Ahn Jung-Hwan, who scored the golden goal to knock Italy out of the World Cup, has been axed by his Italian club Perugia, according to the team's president.

Luciano Gaucci, interviewed on Italian private television station La 7 on Tuesday night, said he would not be renewing Ahn's contract.

The 26-year-old Ahn was the golden boy of the K.League during his two year stint with Busan I.cons and he hit the headlines when he became the first Korean to play in Italy's Serie A with Perugia.

Ahn earned an extension on his loan period to the Italian club with a run of goals at the end of 2000/01 season but he was not a regular in the side last season.

"I am not extending his contract, he does not merit it," Gaucci said. "When he arrived, he was like a little lost goat who didn't even have the money to buy a sandwich. He became rich without doing anything exceptional and then, at the World Cup, he denigrated Italian football.

"I would have to pay three billion lire (1.53 million dollars) to extend his contract. But I won't.

"Ahn will never play for Perugia again. What do you think I would do? That I would keep a player who ruined Italian football. He should have shown his talent while he was with us. He'll just have to go back to Korea and earn 100,000 lire (about 48 dollars) a month."

Ahn, Korean football's pin-up boy, went into the Italy game on Tuesday still needing to prove himself to coach Guus Hiddink who before the World Cup ridiculed the Perugia player for not being fit to play a full match.

He left the Daejeon stadium a contented man after heading in the most important goal in the history of South Korean football to complete the 2-1 victory.

speedracer said:

Bad losers...

buy the way, Yes Italy had more chances, but they were playing a very defensive game, its a shame to see a team with some of the best players in the world play like that, and I think is only fair that the team with more desire won. Italy paid for their cheapness.

cloudimani said:
I wonder if anyone was actually watching the same match as me.

<snip>

I dont mean any disrespect to S. Korea by any of this, They're a nice team, but they were outclassed yesterday and were rescued by the referee.

Outclassed???

I guess you were indeed watching a different match from everyone else.

You must not remember the overhead kick by Doo-Ri Cha that nearly won it for Korea in the 90th minute.

Or the free kick by Sun-Hong Hwang in the 102nd minute *under* the Italian wall that was headed straight for the corner, only to be saved by Buffon (before the controversial offsides call and Totti's red card).

I agree the Italians aren't taking this loss particularly well (not going on with a player you hired because he scores against your national team makes no sense)
but if the amount of bad decisions taken against Italy during this world cup had been taken against the team you are rooting for you'd also be more than displeased

the Italians got a very rotten deal

Salome said:
I agree the Italians aren't taking this loss particularly well (not going on with a player you hired because he scores against your national team makes no sense)
but if the amount of bad decisions taken against Italy during this world cup had been taken against the team you are rooting for you'd also be more than displeased

the Italians got a very rotten deal

I agree Salome, they did get a very bad deal, but this is just so sour-grapes-y (an official footballing term I'm sure ;)).

As a passionate England supporter I'm sure I will be in here bemoaning that we were robbed (or more likely soundly trounced :)) after the Brazil game but there is still no excuse for this behaviour. You can't blame a player for doing his job, blame the officials, they were at fault if anyone was

I'm happy Ahn left Perugia. I think he'll probably get lynched or something. In the words of Asian Football Confederation president Peter Velappan:

"Who the hell cares about Perugia anyway?"

Still, one must admit this is possibly the funniest thing to come out of the World Cup so far. The Italians believe there's this big conspiracy against them...Totti apparently believes there are 'things greater than' him that are dictating outcomes.

Fair play to Korea! With their crazy fans, and never give up attitude they remind me of Ireland, and I thought the game against Italy bore a remarkable resemblence to the Ireland Spain game! Italy were the better side up til near the end, but in extra time they were just plain over-run! They seriously looked like they had settled for pens!

And I for one think they have nothing much to complain about with the ref, he wasn't that bad! They should make their own look, and fair enough, they got badly done in the group stages against Croatia, but not this time! Totti dived, not a total dive, but he could easily have stayed on his feet, he was looking for it, they guy barely touched him and also got the ball! Totti was diving through the whole tournament, the Italians should swallow the remainder of their pride and quit whining! Congrats to South Korea!

speedracer said:

Actually thats not quite accurate, the player was sacked for disparaging comments about Italy and Perugia that appeared in the press. The player turned out to have been misquoted, so its not clear whether he'll stay at the club or not.

Back
Top Bottom