Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

:lol: Very nice rocks :up:

Here's another shot in better lighting from a couple of weeks later. Complete with railway tracks and concrete sleepers!

s640x480

*hastily edits*

I don't know what you're talking about....

Oh crap, you quoted. :uhoh:

:lol:

Shut up, it's late and I'm tired and apparently developing dyslexia. :tongue:

More random rocks! This time the ballast of the tram line through Royal Park and some rocks scattered beside it in the left foreground. The paved area in the midground is I think either a former tram stop or a former footpath and part of a foot crossing of the tram tracks. I think the latter is more likely.

s640x480

Alisaura said:
*hastily edits*

I don't know what you're talking about....

Oh crap, you quoted. :uhoh:

Shut up, it's late and I'm tired and apparently developing dyslexia. :tongue:

The typo is preserved forever. :evil:

And do you plan on getting a reasonable amount of sleep tonight? :wink:

Axver said:
And do you plan on getting a reasonable amount of sleep tonight? :wink:
It's a bit late for that, since my definition of "reasonable" is 8 hours. And I'm fucking pissed off at myself for doing this AGAIN... thank god I can sleep in on Friday. Short week... :drool:

AND I need to get my clothes out of the sodding washing machine and hang them on the rack in my room. :mad:

And to answer your question, I have no clue where those lakey-mountainy NZ pics are from. Possibly South Island somewhere, but that doesn't tell you much.... this guy had his trip on a website once, I wonder if I can find it...

s640x480

More ballast, this time looking towards Park Street as the route 55 cruises past the Royal Park Golf Course.

Incidentally, this is technically closer to a railway than a tramway, as this part of the line is laid with railway tracks from V/Line and fully ballasted. It's one of Melbourne's few examples of the trams leaving on-street running (routes 82, 96, and 109 are the other prominent examples).

Alisaura said:
And to answer your question, I have no clue where those lakey-mountainy NZ pics are from. Possibly South Island somewhere, but that doesn't tell you much.... this guy had his trip on a website once, I wonder if I can find it...

Yeah, looks Southern Alpsy to me, but that doesn't help me a whole lot. Perhaps Lake Wakatipu near Queenstown? Every tourist goes to Queenstown, it seems!

Alisaura said:

It's a bit late for that, since my definition of "reasonable" is 8 hours. And I'm fucking pissed off at myself for doing this AGAIN... thank god I can sleep in on Friday. Short week... :drool:

AND I need to get my clothes out of the sodding washing machine and hang them on the rack in my room. :mad:

Oh, that reminds me I have more washing to deal with before bed. Lame. :down:

I get NO holidays this year, because all the public holidays either fall during university holidays/exam blocks, or are Fridays - I've never had class on a Friday in my 2.5 years of university!

unico said:
i still can't think of an inanimate object...

Well, we've got Ian doing planes and me doing trains and trams, so how do you feel towards boats/yachts/ferries?

Axver said:
I get NO holidays this year, because all the public holidays either fall during university holidays/exam blocks, or are Fridays - I've never had class on a Friday in my 2.5 years of university!
Boo fucking hoo. :lol:

Those of us who did a REAL degree had classes on all five weekdays, SHOCK!!! :tongue:

Alisaura said:

Boo fucking hoo. :lol:

Those of us who did a REAL degree had classes on all five weekdays, SHOCK!!! :tongue:

And tell me what exactly your current job has to do with rocks? :wink:

Let's have this "real degree" conversation in a few years when I'm researching and teaching History for a living ...

(Fuck, I hope that's what I end up doing!)

Axver said:
Let's have this "real degree" conversation in a few years when I'm researching and teaching History for a living ...

(Fuck, I hope that's what I end up doing!)
I really hope you do.

On a totally unrelated note... I'm curious about what you'd think of one of the Nick Cave songs I put on that CD... "Train Long-Suffering" from Firstborn is Dead... :wink:

Alisaura said:

Well, that might be why it doesn't work... The page was probably made before Firefox existed :lol:

And wow, 45k...! Wild's gonna have to watch her back... :lol:

:lol: Good possibility! Then again, who knows, as my Windows is slowly dying. Shame I can't give it a whirl on the Mac and see if it functions there. I need to get the Mac back online but I don't know how.

I can't believe how much I've posted since the postwhorehouse came into existence. It's bloody insane. Ah well, I'm going away for a few days soon ... :wink:

Alisaura said:

I really hope you do.

On a totally unrelated note... I'm curious about what you'd think of one of the Nick Cave songs I put on that CD... "Train Long-Suffering" from Firstborn is Dead... :wink:

At this stage, I've the marks to go somewhere. But my interest in New Zealand doesn't help. It feels so ridiculous to even try to be a historian. I have my father's "get a real job" words ringing in my ears.

Hah, I'll have to give that a listen soon ...

Alisaura said:

Six-year-old photos FTW. :wink:

I'm off... seeya folks :wave:

I wish I'd had a camera when I was here in 2003. I caught trams painted in the Met green and yellow. :up:

And you're leaving just before I reach 45,000? Now how am I meant to get there in the next 30 minutes? :(

Have a good night! :wave:

Send me a copy of your speech :wink:

And that sculpture thing was outside the art gallery, you may or may not recognise the building behind it... they got rid of it for some reason, and there's a chunk of it now residing at a restaurant on Southbank. Go figure...

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom