Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Customs are okay with rocks, as long as there's no soil or dirt on them... Might have been a weight issue too?

Shame about the flash in this one...

020701012.jpg

Alisaura said:
Customs are okay with rocks, as long as there's no soil or dirt on them... Might have been a weight issue too?

Shame about the flash in this one...

020701012.jpg

Still a cool shot. :up:

They were just random rocks I'd picked up either at the beach or around the Kiwi countryside. I think my mother might've just decided not to bring them as we were trying to keep down everything we were bringing across the Tasman. I had to sell some of my toy trains ... :(

Axver said:
They were just random rocks I'd picked up either at the beach or around the Kiwi countryside. I think my mother might've just decided not to bring them as we were trying to keep down everything we were bringing across the Tasman. I had to sell some of my toy trains ... :(
:hug:

Alisaura said:

Ballast? Like what goes in the bottom of ships? :scratch:

Try me :wink:

Like what railway tracks are laid upon, to hold them in place, spread the load, facilitate drainage, and stop vegetation fouling the line. It's made of crushed stones. I have a couple of ballast photos I can upload ...

Axver said:
Like what railway tracks are laid upon, to hold them in place, spread the load, facilitate drainage, and stop vegetation fouling the line. It's made of crushed stones. I have a couple of ballast photos I can upload ...
Rocks are rocks. :D Go for it!

Alisaura said:
020701079.jpg

Is that the same building you or Ian was posting last night?

Yep! That's the Beehive, the New Zealand parliamentary building.

Alisaura said:

Rocks are rocks. :D Go for it!

Hehe, OK. I don't suppose they're terribly interesting photos, but for the sake of Bizarro World, I shall fight my slow upload rate and post them. :wink:

Axver said:
Hehe, OK. I don't suppose they're terribly interesting photos, but for the sake of Bizarro World, I shall fight my slow upload rate and post them. :wink:
That's the spirit, take one for the team :up:

I don't think I have a pic uploaded yet of the weird new leaning building in London, which is the Lord Mayor's offices or something.

Mmm, ballast. This is by Paremata Railway Station north of Wellywood.

s640x480

Alisaura said:

Axver posted rocks! :hyper:

*peers*

Probably bluestone/basalt like most of it is.... :nerd:

:lol:

This really is Bizarro World! I've got more to come. If it'll upload, you know.

Alisaura said:

That's the spirit, take one for the team :up:

I don't think I have a pic uploaded yet of the weird new leaning building in London, which is the Lord Mayor's offices or something.

Ooh? Is it one of those examples of really daft modern architecture, or does it actually look neat?

Alisaura said:
020703035.jpg

020703039.jpg

Oh my god, is that postcard-perfect beautiful or what?!?!

Must. Go. To. NZ.

If I wasn't feeling homesick already, NOW I AM!

Where are those two? I'm trying to place them but I'm not much use outside of the lower North Island.

unico said:
i don't know which one it is, but i'm fucking tired of this stupid insomnia.
Hey there, Mia :hug:

Welcome to Bizarro World! In which I post trams and Ax posts rocks and I get to bed before midnight.

*looks at clock*

Well, two out of three ain't bad :D

This is from Royal Park on 9 January this year - a B2 class tram emerging from behind a pile of ballast destined for use on the nearby Upfield railway line.

s640x480

Rocks AND trams! :lol:

Alisaura said:

Hey there, Mia :hug:

Welcome to Bizarro World! In which I post trams and Ax posts rocks and I get to bed before midnight.

*looks at clock*

Well, two out of three ain't bad :D

nice!
i need to figure out an inanimate object i'm obsessed with so i can join in on the fun some day.

Axver said:
This is from Royal Park on 9 January this year - a B2 class tram emerging from behind a pile of ballast destined for use on the nearby Upfield railway line.

s640x480

Rocks AND trams! :lol:

sweet. if you two were to ever get hitched, that'd be the perfect invitation design.

unico said:
nice!
i need to figure out an inanimate object i'm obsessed with so i can join in on the fun some day.
You really should :yes:

Plus it makes me feel like less of a dork when other people are doing the same thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom