Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #586
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
I couldn't resist the PT discussion...

Deadwing is undoubtedly my favorite of the last three! followed by Fear and then In Absentia I think. What should I get next? Stupid Dream?

Even Less
Stupid Dream for sure. Though you like Pink Floyd, so I expect you'd quite appreciate The Sky Moves Sideways too. Just its tracklisting alone is enough to remind you of Wish You Were Here!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #587
Blue Crack Supplier

I like Stupid Dream so far!

Hey Zoots

Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #588
Vocal parasite

OK, could someone please wrestle the microphone away from the idiot who has control of the PA in Hyderabad? I'm trying to watch the Deccan Chargers vs Rajasthan, and this idiot keeps blaring "After me: 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, Deccan Chargers give us more!" I don't think he knows any other words! I'm on the verge of muting the TV/killing this guy.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #589
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That would've been awesome. I understand there was at one point almost a small scale war between the Norwegian and Finnish black metal scenes. And the Norwegian black metallers didn't like the Swedish death metallers, but that feeling never seemed to be mutual, what with all the Swedish blackened death bands out there. Personally, I tend to think death metal is generally better, but black metal's best moments beat death metal's best. And I imagine not many people on this thread could even distinguish between black and death metal, so why am I rambling on ...?
It was pretty fantastic. We also talked about the Swedish Melodic Death Metal scene, which I find to be a bit of an oxymoron, but what can you do?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #590
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
I like Stupid Dream so far!

These days, the band seems particularly fond of playing Even Less and A Smart Kid live. I don't think they've done it this tour, but Don't Hate Me was a regular on the Deadwing Tour too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #591
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about Sky Moves Sideways too.

Hi Alisaura

Quote:
OK, could someone please wrestle the microphone away from the idiot who has control of the PA in Hyderabad? I'm trying to watch the Deccan Chargers vs Rajasthan, and this idiot keeps blaring "After me: 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, Deccan Chargers give us more!" I don't think he knows any other words! I'm on the verge of muting the TV/killing this guy.
!!! You're watching a local cricket match in India??
Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #592
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Mute first... Kill later, when you need an album cover for your solo death metal project when Phail... phails.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #593
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by onebloodonelife

It was pretty fantastic. We also talked about the Swedish Melodic Death Metal scene, which I find to be a bit of an oxymoron, but what can you do?
In comparison to Tech Death, Melodeath makes sense as a label!

There is a melody ... if you can listen closely enough without your ears being mauled ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #594
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

In comparison to Tech Death, Melodeath makes sense as a label!

There is a melody ... if you can listen closely enough without your ears being mauled ...
This is true. We were specifically talking about Arch Enemy.

Holy shit! Can that woman scream too. I was absolutely blown away by her voice.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #595
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Gawd, don't get him started about the cricket....

Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #596
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Hahaha
Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #597
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yep! It's the Indian Premier League, a Twenty20 competition with shitloads of international players in it, including some of my favourite Kiwis. Remarkably, every game is on Aussie free-to-air TV, most live.

This bloody tournament's going to keep me up to 3am for the next month or so ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #598
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by onebloodonelife

This is true. We were specifically talking about Arch Enemy.

Holy shit! Can that woman scream too. I was absolutely blown away by her voice.
ARCH ENEMY ARE FUCKING NUTS. I could not believe it when I heard their music and found out they had a female vocalist. She's got more balls than most men do!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #599
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

ARCH ENEMY ARE FUCKING NUTS. I could not believe it when I heard their music and found out they had a female vocalist. She's got more balls than most men do!
I KNOW! We watched a live video of her, and then watched a video on Youtube of her showing exactly how she does it. Absolute craziness. Even though I'm not a metal fan, I can definitely respect what she's doing.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #600
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Mute first... Kill later, when you need an album cover for your solo death metal project when Phail... phails.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread