Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
hmmm sounds fucked ax. which computer is it? the farked up mac, or the fucked up other one?

The Mac runs quite nicely besides not working online. The PC, on the other hand, has been dying a slow death for at least two years now. It can get agonisingly slow like this when I've had it on for too long. Might shut it down overnight, though I dislike doing that.

Ugh. I have plenty of things to do tonight and I should be making myself useful, but motivation is so hard to find.

Axver said:
Ugh. I have plenty of things to do tonight and I should be making myself useful, but motivation is so hard to find.

motivation is a biatch, however i am finally finally writing this fucking thing. i am going to keep it short and full of shit and email it tonite. i am past giving a FLYING FUCK.

i have no wine i don't care about anything. :scream:

I always figure that at least getting something down is better than nothing. :up:

Has the enrolment bullshit been sorted yet?

Axver said:
I always figure that at least getting something down is better than nothing. :up:

Has the enrolment bullshit been sorted yet?

oh the next bit of the saga-

they finally have enrolled me (i think) as they raped my credit card for fees, and charged me 200 bucks above what i was quoted. i am going to ring those :censored: :censored: :censored: tomorrow and find out WTF for.
Student amenties fee- riiight. im paying 70 bucks for boiling water. i take my own cup and tea bags.
Materials fee- 100.00 i have had about 4 photocopied sheets so far.

and then over 1,000 bucks for the actual tuition fee when i was quoted at 600.

:rant: :rant:

anywonder i am loosing my shit.

:eeklaugh:

Oh bloody hell! Sounds like the place is being run by a pack of clowns. Well, good luck getting things sorted!

THIS SHIT IS DONE . oh yeah oh yeah. emailed that muther fucker and i hope to never see it again. if i get a resubmit i will drive up there and jamm it up his arse.

mysterious_jen said:
THIS SHIT IS DONE . oh yeah oh yeah. emailed that muther fucker and i hope to never see it again. if i get a resubmit i will drive up there and jamm it up his arse.

:lol: Glad it's out of the way now. :up:

Have a good night! :wave:

I imagine just about everything is dead out Koolyanobbing way. So it's only appropriate really.

Holy crap, look what I found!

020701005.jpg

Am I right in thinking that's in or near Wellington?

HOLY SHIT IT'S THE WELLINGTON CABLE CAR!

(Disclaimer: has been a funicular, not a cable car, since the 1970s. What's the difference? Buggered if I know.)

Alisaura said:
Am I right in thinking that's in or near Wellington?

Yes indeed! It runs from the CBD (I think the terminus is on Lambton Quay, which despite its name is now multiple blocks inland!) through the Royal Botanical Gardens up to the suburb of Kelburn. Provides a link to Victoria University, which is where I would've gone had I stayed in New Zealand. I think I'm happier being here - a 20 minute tram ride sure beats an hour long train ride followed by a walk through the city and a short cable car ride!

I've had a copy of this guy's pictures from his world tour on my computer (well, series of computers) since 2002... haven't looked at most of them till now. He's got some awesome photos! Lots of pics of this cable car thing, not to mention some trams from Melbourne :wink:

Alisaura said:
I've had a copy of this guy's pictures from his world tour on my computer (well, series of computers) since 2002... haven't looked at most of them till now. He's got some awesome photos! Lots of pics of this cable car thing, not to mention some trams from Melbourne :wink:

:lol: Please post more! :hyper:

The Wellington Cable Car is very photogenic, given its run through the Royal Botanical Gardens. Though if that picture you posted is any indication, Wellington sure as hell turned on the miserable stereotypical weather ...

Alisaura said:

Sounds about right...

020701013.jpg

Ah, good, I can still remember my Wellington geography!

It's just so bizarre how Lambton Quay is a few blocks back from the waterfront. Wellington must have been REALLY cramped for space back in the 1850s when it was actually a quay!

For anyone reading back in the thread (or lurking :tsk: ), yes, you have in fact entered Bizarro World. I am posting pictures of NZ trams, and shortly Axver will post pictures of rocks, complete with geological commentary.

:uhoh:

Alisaura said:
For anyone reading back in the thread (or lurking :tsk: ), yes, you have in fact entered Bizarro World. I am posting pictures of NZ trams, and shortly Axver will post pictures of rocks, complete with geological commentary.

:uhoh:

:lmao:

I was just thinking "do I have any pictures of rocks?"

When I was little, I collected interesting rocks I found, had a basket full of them. Couldn't bring them to Australia though. Not sure if that was a customs thing or if Mum just said I couldn't.

Actually, I DO have pictures of ballast. Is that good enough, Ali? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom