Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #496
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Alright doggs, I'm out. Keep on rockin'!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #497
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Okay, I'm guessing Wedding Nails didn't come from a happy place....!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #498
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Does that mean I should stop listening to In Absentia?
You did send me Trains, and I'm sure I listened to it at the time...
I know I've heard the song Fear of a Blank Planet... not given the whole album a go yet.

Eh, I was gonna stay up late anyway
No, In Absentia should be represented fairly strongly. I expect to hear at least three songs from it. Deadwing should also offer up at least two or three, including Halo - which live takes on a bit of a different form to studio.

My bets for songs we're sure to hear: Blackest Eyes, Trains, Halo, FOABP, Anesthetize, Normal. Even Less is very highly probable. I'm sure there will be surprises though, as it's been a few months since they've played live. I'm praying for Radioactive Toy - it hasn't been done for a couple of tours, but it's a live classic and I'm hoping they'll do it for us since they haven't visited before.

Quote:
I think it's my motherboard doing this, but every time I plug in the speakers or the headphones, it demands to know exactly WHICH device I've plugged in... and if I tick the wrong box, it won't bloody work! How the hell does that work?!
That's really strange! Mine does NOTHING when I plug in new headphones. Almost everything else produces a silly message, but headphones evokes no action at all from the computer.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Seeya Bonnie! Have fun tonight
Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #500
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Have a good night, Bonnie!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #501
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
That's really strange! Mine does NOTHING when I plug in new headphones. Almost everything else produces a silly message, but headphones evokes no action at all from the computer.
No other computer I've owned or heard about has done that either. I think this one just has OCD or something...

Like owner, like computer...
Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #502
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Okay, I'm guessing Wedding Nails didn't come from a happy place....!

You can kinda tell this album came just after SW produced Opeth's Blackwater Park album. Then there's Futile and Orchidia on the Futile EP, which are even heavier. I would die of joy if they cranked out Orchidia; it's one of the best instrumentals I know.

But nowadays, SW regrets putting Wedding Nails on In Absentia. He's been quoted as saying "that replaced Drown With Me - looking back on it, I can't figure out why." They've been doing Drown With Me this tour and I hope it makes it to at least one of the Aussie gigs. I can't recall if I put the studio version on the CD for you, but I definitely put the acoustic live version from We Lost The Skyline, which I think is just amazing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #503
Vocal parasite

Quote:

No other computer I've owned or heard about has done that either. I think this one just has OCD or something...

Like owner, like computer...

My computer is doing its best slow death act. It's been clinging to life for about 2 years now! I might buy a new one soon ...

And are you going to do a running diary of In Absentia or something?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #504
Vocal parasite

OK, folks, Collapse The Light Into Earth --> Orchidia is quite possibly one of the most awkward segues in history.

But mother of God, what a riff!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #505
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You can kinda tell this album came just after SW produced Opeth's Blackwater Park album. Then there's Futile and Orchidia on the Futile EP, which are even heavier. I would die of joy if they cranked out Orchidia; it's one of the best instrumentals I know.

But nowadays, SW regrets putting Wedding Nails on In Absentia. He's been quoted as saying "that replaced Drown With Me - looking back on it, I can't figure out why." They've been doing Drown With Me this tour and I hope it makes it to at least one of the Aussie gigs. I can't recall if I put the studio version on the CD for you, but I definitely put the acoustic live version from We Lost The Skyline, which I think is just amazing.
Did you give me Orchidia? *searches*

.3 just came on... teh bassssssss
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #506
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, folks, Collapse The Light Into Earth --> Orchidia is quite possibly one of the most awkward segues in history.

But mother of God, what a riff!
That sounds like a challenge to me!

Theme from The Swan -> Mofo?

Righto, after In Absentia, I'll listen to that live Drown with Me (I can't find a studio version), then the newer stuff....
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #507
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Did you give me Orchidia? *searches*

.3 just came on... teh bassssssss
I don't think I did ... I can e-mail it though!

And I knew you'd appreciate .3 (which is bizarrely properly known as "DOT three", not "POINT three"; I still use the latter). The best part is that it's shown up in this tour's setlists sometimes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I don't think I did ... I can e-mail it though!

And I knew you'd appreciate .3 (which is bizarrely properly known as "DOT three", not "POINT three"; I still use the latter). The best part is that it's shown up in this tour's setlists sometimes.
Yay email

Which side of the stage does the bassist usually inhabit?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #509
Vocal parasite

Quote:

That sounds like a challenge to me!

Theme from The Swan -> Mofo?

Righto, after In Absentia, I'll listen to that live Drown with Me (I can't find a studio version), then the newer stuff....
This is a challenge I can get into. Viva Davidoff --> The Electric Co.? Viva Davidoff --> any black metal song ever?

Damn, I must've thought I'd e-mailed you Drown With Me's studio version earlier or something. It's one of my PT favourites. The acoustic version is from October last year and I think it's the highlight of We Lost The Skyline. SW and John Wesley's vocal harmonies are great.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #510
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yay email

Which side of the stage does the bassist usually inhabit?
I'll attach it to the reply I'm about to send to your last e-mail - which means it'll take a while to send, whee.

I think Colin Edwin is to the right as you look at the stage, i.e. same as Adam. Best of all, Colin Edwin is a Melbourne boy!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread