Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

hey screwtape, just as a woman, i just wanna say that i'd prefer a guy talk to me for a week or two first before asking me out. otherwise it might be awkward. make conversation though. ask her to help you find something, taht's always a good start!

Excellent, Unico. You women are so clever :drool:

Yeah, have her help you find something and make small talk. See how that goes.

Axver said:
Awesome. :up:

I hope they're the double choc ones. :drool:
all they had were original and chewy caramel which both sounded awesome to me. i love caramel crap so i was like yay. i'm thinking of going with those first but i dunno. i hate overanalyzing shit, i could've already opened a package by now and eaten two or three, wtf.

oh hell i'll just open one

Screwtape2 said:

That's what the date would be for. I will try to talk to her a little before I ask her out. I might give her my e-mail.

yeah...i don't see it that way though. i mean, i don't even take free drinks from strangers (unless i'm in ireland, where it is different.) so to me personally, if i guy asked me out and i didnt even know his name, id flat out reject him. only because that's really awkward and without knowing someone it can sometimes be dangerous (not that im saying you're dangerous, because i'm not.)

Screwtape2 said:
That's what the date would be for. I will try to talk to her a little before I ask her out. I might give her my e-mail.
to be honest, if a guy came up to me that i'd seen around but didn't really know personally, i'd turn them down. i don't know if every girl is like me, but i am just incredibly cautious and at times slow moving when it comes to that stuff. to overshare a little, i've been burned when it comes to relationships so now i've become sort of untrustworthy when it comes to men, so i'm less likely to just say yes to a date right off the bat. i don't do that "all men are pigs" bullshit, because of course i know that's not true, but i just keep my guard up a lot longer than some women might. :shrug:

Gotta agree again with the scholar from Va Tech, Screwtape.

I'd just say hi once and see if there is any kind of response or smile. Ask her something about her work, make some sort of bad joke about helping lame-o's with the computers :)

Good luck!

unico said:

yeah...i don't see it that way though. i mean, i don't even take free drinks from strangers (unless i'm in ireland, where it is different.) so to me personally, if i guy asked me out and i didnt even know his name, id flat out reject him. only because that's really awkward and without knowing someone it can sometimes be dangerous (not that im saying you're dangerous, because i'm not.)

How about this, I ask her who she got her position at the library and introduce myself in the process. Then tell her how much I love the library. Maybe that would start a small conversation. End it telling her I liked talking to her.

Screwtape2 said:

How about this, I ask her who she got her position at the library and introduce myself in the process. Then tell her how much I love the library. Maybe that would start a small conversation. End it telling her I liked talking to her.

well, that's a really good start screwtape! but i think unless you yourself were looking for employment, asking about how she got her job might be a bit out of context. does she work with microfiche? perhaps you can ask her to help her with that? haha that stuff is always a pain in the ass. for me at least. then after you finish reading the article you can thank her again on her way out. then wait a couple of days and come back and just make light conversation. "hey, how's it goin?"

unico said:

well, that's a really good start screwtape! but i think unless you yourself were looking for employment, asking about how she got her job might be a bit out of context. does she work with microfiche? perhaps you can ask her to help her with that? haha that stuff is always a pain in the ass. for me at least. then after you finish reading the article you can thank her again on her way out. then wait a couple of days and come back and just make light conversation. "hey, how's it goin?"

I am looking for employment in the near future. Probably not there but I'd keep my options open.

Screwtape2 said:

I am looking for employment in the near future. Probably not there but I'd keep my options open.

ah gotcha. well in that case i'd keep it contextual so it doesn't seem completely out of nowhere. the microfiche thing could work. also those damn maps. i seriously don't get how they have those maps organized. i've always had to ask about those.

KhanadaRhodes said:

did phail collins design your vacuum cleaner?

No, my vacuum cleaner's not bad. But Phail Collins invented the very concept of vacuuming.

unico said:
khan acant you dip the tims in rum or something

There's such a thing as a Tim Tam Slam where you drink coffee through a Tim Tam. I'm sure it works with booze too ...

OK, I'm off to meet a friend for lunch, I'll see you folks later. :wave:

Axver said:
There's such a thing as a Tim Tam Slam where you drink coffee through a Tim Tam. I'm sure it works with booze too ...
lol yeah, i saw that on wikipedia when i went to check to make sure i bought the right thing. cuz i remember someone mentioning on here once actual tim tams don't actually say tim tam on the packaging at all. i wonder why they're called that...

i bet they'd taste good with bailey's.

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol yeah, i saw that on wikipedia when i went to check to make sure i bought the right thing. cuz i remember someone mentioning on here once actual tim tams don't actually say tim tam on the packaging at all. i wonder why they're called that...

i bet they'd taste good with bailey's.

Our's say tim tam on it. And they were sent to us from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom