Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

i think i'll do something special for my 11111 post. and perhaps my fibonacci post bc im a :nerd:

I can't remember if I did anything for either of those numbers! Too bloody long ago now! :lol:

Axver said:

Ah, cool. It seems most US railways are doomed to being predominantly freight these days. Though with rising fuel costs, I imagine passenger rail will experience a revival in the coming decades.

Good point. I would much prefer train over car for a long trip these days. My mother just went to Chicago to visit her sister...10 fucking hour drive, trapped in one seat. :sick:

unico said:
omg, sweet potato crisps are fucking amazing

I used to LOVE kumara (that's the Maori/common NZed name). Nowadays I can barely tolerate it, but the chips are fairly decent. :up:

LemonMelon said:

Good point. I would much prefer train over car for a long trip these days. My mother just went to Chicago to visit her sister...10 fucking hour drive, trapped in one seat. :sick:

Ick, yeah. That's never fun. Regional railway services in Victoria are doing pretty well now, and Europe's showing how long distance passenger trains are meant to be done. Rail will probably be the least adversely affected by rising fuel costs out of cars, trains, and planes, so it stands to benefit if oil prices continue to soar. It's never going to realistically compete with planes for New York to Los Angeles or anything, but something like Washington to Chicago, it should.

A lot of American cities (and some here too) are soon going to regret ripping out their central city railway stations back in the 1960s and 1970s ...

unico said:
cheddar flavored pretzel crackers?

ax so you don't like them baked?

I used to loooove roasted kumara. Nowadays, I don't like it any non-chip form.

I just can't do this running diary. Need sleep.

I'm out, guys. I'll see you all in a week. :wave:

For Screwtape

Watch The Music Man and sing her the Madam Librarian song :)

"What can I do, my dear, to make it clear
I need you madly madly madam librarian, Marian"

Have you spoken to her at all? Does she know who you are?

Screwtape2 said:

I haven't spoken to her. I go to the library a lot so she would probably recognize me. I was thinking the date is how we could get to know each other. I'm not expecting much but it is worth a try.

hey screwtape, just as a woman, i just wanna say that i'd prefer a guy talk to me for a week or two first before asking me out. otherwise it might be awkward. make conversation though. ask her to help you find something, taht's always a good start!

unico said:
hey screwtape, just as a woman, i just wanna say that i'd prefer a guy talk to me for a week or two first before asking me out. otherwise it might be awkward. make conversation though. ask her to help you find something, taht's always a good start!
:yes: i agree. i'd want to get to know someone better before i went out on a date with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom