Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elms track was fairly meh, tending negative. Not into The Raconteurs either. This has that dodgy talentless White Stripes dude, doesn't it?

Axver said:

Do you think it could be improved more? I feel some tracks still haven't fully reached their potential.

The DVD version is great. I hope you at least got the two disc version with the b-sides, as that's still worth it.

Yeah, I got the 2 disc. But without the dvd. I got the 2-disc for $7.99. So that was a pretty fucking good deal. But no, they haven't reached their full potential in the slightest. There should've been a different version where they let someone re-mix AND re-master. Just for a different take on a classic. Like, the standard re-master, the b-sides disc, and then, along with that you have the alternate version of both the album and the b-sides as re-mixed and re-mastered. I may not be fully coherent as I'm nearly asleep.

15 seconds in to the Pete Yorn track, it already sucks.

Axver said:

Isn't it HORRIBLE? This former friend of mine from high school tried to proselytise to me by playing a Newsboys CD when we were playing Age Of Empires. I laughed at Breakfast.

Some of the worst lyrics ever.

Axver said:
15 seconds in to the Pete Yorn track, it already sucks.

I included that one as I thought it would fit the acousticky sound of the Earth portion. Also why I included The Elms song, and chose Running To Stand Still.

The Pete Yorn song, though, reminds me of something that would've been in Almost Famous.

the tourist said:

Yeah, I got the 2 disc. But without the dvd. I got the 2-disc for $7.99. So that was a pretty fucking good deal. But no, they haven't reached their full potential in the slightest. There should've been a different version where they let someone re-mix AND re-master. Just for a different take on a classic. Like, the standard re-master, the b-sides disc, and then, along with that you have the alternate version of both the album and the b-sides as re-mixed and re-mastered. I may not be fully coherent as I'm nearly asleep.

Wow, that is a bloody good deal. I think the cheapest you could get the full DVD set in Australia was $58 or so.

Huh, that'd be interesting. I never actually read WHO did the remastering job. I am very thankful they didn't just go "louder iz betta lulz" and crank up the volume all over the show, but most of the improvements seem really inconsequential overall.

I think that in particular, Streets, Bullet, and Exit could all be made much better.

Axver said:

I think that in particular, Streets, Bullet, and Exit could all be made much better.

Exit is, though, so much better than on the original.

the tourist said:

Some of the worst lyrics ever.

They are proof God does not exist. No deity would allow this chorus:

When the toast has burned
And all the milk has turned
And Captain Crunch is waving farewall
When the big one finds you
May this song remind you
That they don't serve breakfast in Hell!

:lmao:

the tourist said:

I included that one as I thought it would fit the acousticky sound of the Earth portion. Also why I included The Elms song, and chose Running To Stand Still.

Yeah, I can see it fits the aesthetic you're going for. :up:

All in all, I'm enjoying this part most. The QOTSA track is kinda interesting.

Axver said:

They are proof God does not exist. No deity would allow this chorus:

When the toast has burned
And all the milk has turned
And Captain Crunch is waving farewall
When the big one finds you
May this song remind you
That they don't serve breakfast in Hell!

:lmao:

Well, I can't fully agree with you, because I have my beliefs. However, I think that song (and that band) is an embarassment to christians in general.

the tourist said:

Exit is, though, so much better than on the original.

Exit was improved, but I don't think monumentally. Now, I don't think the start is the problem. It's the guitar in the middle. Firstly, in the verses, it doesn't build up properly in the way it does live, and then the really heavy parts still lack punch.

Axver said:

Yeah, I can see it fits the aesthetic you're going for. :up:

All in all, I'm enjoying this part most. The QOTSA track is kinda interesting.

The transition after them is terrible, though, and I know it. I had another song where the QOTSA song was and changed it last minute.

Axver said:

Exit was improved, but I don't think monumentally. Now, I don't think the start is the problem. It's the guitar in the middle. Firstly, in the verses, it doesn't build up properly in the way it does live, and then the really heavy parts still lack punch.

Basically, it needed different mixing. Which they never WOULD do. But it's what they SHOULD do.

Coooollapse the light into earth
Coooollapse the light into earth

:drool: :drool:

the tourist said:

Well, I can't fully agree with you, because I have my beliefs. However, I think that song (and that band) is an embarassment to christians in general.

Pretty much all of CCM is an embarrassment to both music and religion in general.

the tourist said:

Basically, it needed different mixing. Which they never WOULD do. But it's what they SHOULD do.

They will do it for the 40th anniversary cashgrab edition. :happy:

the tourist said:
My (so far) favourite PT song (from Deadwing and In Absentia).

From those two, my favourite would be Lazarus.

the tourist said:

Yes. Which is why I don't listen to it.

I've had too much of it inflicted on me. Kate's favourite band is Relient K, for instance. Truly one of those bands who have only one song repeated ad nauseum over multiple albums.

Axver said:

From those two, my favourite would be Lazarus.

That was my favourite until I heard In Absentia. I also quite like Heartattack In A Layby

Axver said:

I've had too much of it inflicted on me. Kate's favourite band is Relient K, for instance. Truly one of those bands who have only one song repeated ad nauseum over multiple albums.

:sick: :barf:

A couple of the bands in my list are christian artists--but you'd probably never know.

Holy shit. I'm an idiot. I originally intended The Flood and Collapse to switch spots. I never actually did that.

the tourist said:

:sick: :barf:

A couple of the bands in my list are christian artists--but you'd probably never know.

No, I wouldn't. Which are?

the tourist said:
Holy shit. I'm an idiot. I originally intended The Flood and Collapse to switch spots. I never actually did that.

:lol: I was just about to suggest they'd be better around that way! The Flood's a decent enough closer, but I'm obviously very biased to Collapse The Light.

You're going to be surprised by my letter rating. B-/C+, tending B-. The cohesion is really well, and I especially liked Earth's atmosphere.

But they put the music first, in their particular genres. Kind of like U2, for instance. U2 used to be sold in christian bookstores (til Pop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom