Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
OK, next PT question...what is Voyage 34 and Metanoia?

Voyage 34 is Porcupine Tree's longest song, divided into multiple tracks or "phases" to fit on vinyl. It is an instrumental with audio samples that recounts the experience of "Brian" on an acid trip. It was meant to be on Up The Downstair, but that would have made UTD a double album, so it was released individually instead. Its UTD origins can be clearly seen in one sample: "but on voyage 34, he met himself coming up a down escalator and the experience shocked him." This is as psychedelic as PT ever got - and I swear that part of it is intentionally referencing Another Brick In The Wall's bassline.

Metanoia is a limited edition album consisting of improvisations from the Signify recording sessions. Interesting insight to the band's recording stages. Really, though, both of these are for serious fans. I don't listen to either all that much.

OK, I'm going off to bed now. :wave:

Depending on what time you're around, Axver, I'll do a running diary for Stupid Dream tomorrow, which I'm definitely looking forward to. I listened to a few tracks here and there along with a version of Slave Called Shiver from Warszawa that was pretty awesome.

LemonMelon said:
OK, I'm going off to bed now. :wave:

Depending on what time you're around, Axver, I'll do a running diary for Stupid Dream tomorrow, which I'm definitely looking forward to. I listened to a few tracks here and there along with a version of Slave Called Shiver from Warszawa that was pretty awesome.

Cool. Slave Called Shiver's rocking live and has a great bassline. Hopefully I'll be around for your running diary - looks like a busy day in Axverland.

Have a good night! :wave:

Just got a text message from the Maj., he says hi to everyone - he's currently seeing U2 3D by himself while his family sees a different movie! :lol:

Axver said:
Just got a text message from the Maj., he says hi to everyone - he's currently seeing U2 3D by himself while his family sees a different movie! :lol:

:lol:

but then ... that will probably be me too, when I finally get the chance to see the movie!

I FINALLY picked up my PT ticket this afternoon, hurray!!! :yippie:

mysterious_jen said:
:shifty: about time the maj got off his arse and saw it,

how are you guys?

excited about your PT trekk ax?

I think this is actually his second time seeing it. He suggested that I start a thread about "U2 at Knox, Melbourne!" and post the setlist from him ... :lol:

And yes, I'm rather excited! Just sorting out my shit now, printing off flight and hotel info and all that stuff.

How are you today?

u2 at knox, :lmao:

work today was like the apocalypse, all i needed was fire to complete my day. :yikes:

mentally feeling ok tonite, but still hanging for a drink , not cracking the top off one at the end of the day is killer, as was walking past the bottle shop and not stopping in. but i have decided to try and make it to sunday and therefore 7 days.

:hug: Glad you're doing OK tonight. And I bet you can make the 7 days. :up:

If you don't, I'll come back from Queensland and slag off U2 to you ... :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
Hello there Ax, and goodbye Melissa!

I personally would like to hear every reason why ATYLCOASBOASBFA sucks, I think it would be a good, long list.

:lol: I'll waste the time writing it out if Jen gets on the booze before the seven days are up!

Might add in HTDAAB too ... :wink:

Might add in HTDAAB too ...

It'll be ten times longer than the Magna Carta writing about ATYCLB alone, though. :wink:

I'm watching stuff on YouTube to get me into a party mood, but they seem to be having the opposite effect. Perhaps I shouldn't be watching I Shall Be Released from the NJ CoH show.

(Though Bono does a great jog at the end.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom