Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
:lol:

Next week on Khan's boob-posting....
:lmao:

you never know, maybe one time they'll be mine.

or not...
attention_whore.jpg

Everyone went to B&C. :lol:

Axver, holy shit, I just heard PT's version of The Cross. Wow, that is mindblowing.

I never took the time to download the Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape album of rarities, as I had heard a couple of the songs and wasn't impressed. But The Cross is worth the download alone, and another song that is standing out for me is Mute. Great stuff.

phanan said:
Everyone went to B&C. :lol:

Axver, holy shit, I just heard PT's version of The Cross. Wow, that is mindblowing.

Yes. :lol:

Axver, if you're still doing the Mass "Get Everyone into PT"-Day, chalk me on that list, please.

YLB:

phanan said:
I know Axver was looking into sending some people PT albums, but here's a blog where you can get all of them if you wish (I'm assuming the links work - note that the password is bunalti.com).

http://bigrock666.blogspot.com/2008/04/full-discography-porcupine-tree.html

Now this discography lists everything, included compilations, singles, EPs, early demos, etc. For now, if you're new to PT, stick to the regular albums, which are:

On The Sunday Of Life
Up The Downstair
The Sky Moves Sideways
Signify

Stupid Dream
Lightbulb Sun
Recordings

In Absentia
Deadwing
Fear Of A Blank Planet

I've separated them into three groups, as PT have gone through three phases in their career.

The first group is more ambient and experimental, and at times sounds like Pink Floyd (see The Sky Moves Sideways).

The second group is probably their most accessible, as they streamlined their songs for a more rock sound.

The third group goes a bit further, incorporating progressive metal into their music.

So choose the group that you think you'd find most interesting first.

My pick for the first group would be The Sky Moves Sideways, for the second it's Stupid Dream, and for the third, well, take your pick. Any one of them would work.

Wow, thanks P-funk.

The concept behind this blog blows me away.

Good job finding it.

So, some guy who works overnight where I work left his cds in the backroom. So I'm ripping some of them while I work--Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Mothership (the Zep greatest hits).

the tourist said:
So, some guy who works overnight where I work left his cds in the backroom. So I'm ripping some of them while I work--Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Mothership (the Zep greatest hits).

Jackpot.

LemonMelon said:

No kidding. I guess I could've taken a bunch of Def Leppard and Motley Crue and 80s hair bands (with 6 random Britney Spears albums mixed in).... But that's kind of a waste of hard-drive space if you ask me.

the tourist said:

DSOTM :drool:

I honestly think that album cracked my top five ever. Superb.

the tourist said:

No kidding. I guess I could've taken a bunch of Def Leppard and Motley Crue and 80s hair bands (with 6 random Britney Spears albums mixed in).... But that's kind of a waste of hard-drive space if you ask me.

Is Def Leppard's Hysteria in there? That's a great album IMO.

I really didn't look close enough. I like my hair-bands few and far-between.

Very dead. Undeclared voting is idiocy. I wish the mods would change the format so anyone could look and see who voted for what.

LemonMelon said:

What I've heard from Ágætis Byrjun has been good, but ( ) is really boring for me.

I am listening to Agaetis Byrjun now. () I fell asleep to last night. That's no indication of it being boring, just what I put on at 4am - but I can't judge. I like Takk, you should check it out

i'm way too lazy to check, so i'll just post a little while i wait for my 2am engagement, so i can pad or catch up.

the cosmo site also has a 3 2 and w/o the numbers. man people are dumbfucks

i know! i'll watch some daxflame.

if i don't assassinate someone tomorrow (it's kinda easy, cause i know who he is and where he lives) i'll be death squadded at midnight. and the death squad knows where i'll be drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom