Kobe Bryant's Manty-Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of Kobe's man tights?

• I dig 'em. In fact, I wear similar man tights under my Zoobas

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • They're not actually tights... they're an elaborate system devised by Kobe's wife in order to keep h

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Blah... he looks like a fucked up peter pan.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
From ESPN.com's Uni-Watch

It was there when you sat down to Thanksgiving dinner, and it's there when you're doing your Christmas shopping. It distracts you when you're at work, and it haunts you when you're trying to go to sleep. It's that nagging thought that won't go away, gnawing at your brain stem until you finally hear yourself shouting it out loud:

"What is the friggin' deal already with Kobe Bryant's tights?!"

Kobe's hose, which he began wearing toward the end of the preseason, are the latest and presumably final stage in his long legwear evolution. Previous phases have included bare legs, a calf band, a calf sleeve and a full-length leg sleeve.

Those styles all had their pros and cons, but the tights -- which Kobe sometimes supplements with an added pair of undershorts, but not always -- are a total dork-o-rama.

It's bad enough for an athlete to mimic the leotard look; it's worse when he wears an actual leotard. Seriously, it's a bad sign when you can't tell which person in this photo looks like the bigger doofus

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/051212

SLCC10912020746.jpg

Umm.. yea.

Last edited:
When I was in college, there was this guy who thought he was much cooler than he actually was. For a solid month, he wore a male version of capri pants, trying to convince everyone that they were cool simply because he was wearing them. Everyone made fun of him. Eventually he stopped.

Let's hope he gives Kobe a phone call.

I don't mind when the Uni-Watch guy cracks on ugly uniforms (that is his job, after all), but he made an ass of himself when he mocked Tom Brady for using a handwarmer thingie and gloves. I bet the guy's never tried to handle a football in cold weather before.

Same deal with Kobe. Sure he looks ridiculous wearing tights indoors, but if he really needs them to stay warm and loose, he should wear them.

speedracer said:
Same deal with Kobe. Sure he looks ridiculous wearing tights indoors, but if he really needs them to stay warm and loose, he should wear them.

if basketball was an outdoor sport, you may have a point there. they're playing in state of the art, climate controlled arenas. take off the manty-hose... he looks like an idiot.

with all the nba's dress code nonsense, you would think they would have fined kobe by now considering how they're not being worn for any medical reason.

let me get this straight... you can't wear a t-shirt under your jersey in the nba, but you can wear man tights under your shorts? somebody want to explain that to me?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if basketball was an outdoor sport, you may have a point there. they're playing in state of the art, climate controlled arenas. take off the manty-hose... he looks like an idiot.

with all the nba's dress code nonsense, you would think they would have fined kobe by now considering how they're not being worn for any medical reason.

let me get this straight... you can't wear a t-shirt under your jersey in the nba, but you can wear man tights under your shorts? somebody want to explain that to me?

Kobe says it's to stay warm. I'm just going by what the man says.

speedracer said:

Kobe says it's to stay warm. I'm just going by what the man says.

He also said he didn't rape the chick in Colorado and that the ring he bought his wife wasn't an apology ring.

randhail said:

He also said he didn't rape the chick in Colorado and that the ring he bought his wife wasn't an apology ring.

Touche.

his point total for once is actually worth the number of shots he took... 31 shots, 62 points

but alas... being the nitpicket i am, there is yet another glaring stat besides the 62 that jumps off the scoresheet when i look at it...

0 assists.

just yet another example that kobe, despite being an amazing talent, does not make his teammates better.

his point total for once is actually worth the number of shots he took... 31 shots, 62 points

but alas... being the nitpicket i am, there is yet another glaring stat besides the 62 that jumps off the scoresheet when i look at it...

0 assists.

just yet another example that kobe, despite being an amazing talent, does not make his teammates better.

That may be true but someone on that team has to do something!

yea... the GM

why do you think they drafted Andrew Bynum, the well-known player who was NOT the youngest player ever in the draft

//sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom