Knowledgeable computer people I need your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
I downloaded Kazzaa (and promptly deleted it!!! :angry: ) but I think this problem I am having with my computer is due to downloading this as I never had it before

I keep getting lots of pop up ads and when I am browsing the internet and I click to get on a webpage this annoying page with the address perfectnav comes up.

I have adaware and that doesnt detect it
I searched for perfectnav and Icant delete the programme or whatever it is

How do I get rid of this thing?!?!
Its really irritating. :mad:

thank you in advance for any help :bow: :D

Kazzaa is loaded with spyware. Uninstall Kazzaa and install Adaware 6.0

Adaware will clean and remove all the spyware from Kazzaa.

Then locate Kazzaa Lite. It is the same program as Kazzaa with all the spyware removed.

Good luck!

i hate Kazzaa. :angry:

one time i tried downloading it and before i even installed it my computer got a virus. since then i never use any kind of file sharing programs similar to it. i guess i'm missing out on free music that way but i don't want my computer to get screwed up more than it already is. oh well. with dial up internet access it would take forever for me to download anything anyway.

I have that Adaware programme NBC - I have searched and searched on it so many times
I still have this problem. :|

Lara Mullen said:
I have that Adaware programme NBC - I have searched and searched on it so many times
I still have this problem. :|

Did you update the reference file? Did you check for updates?

Melon

I have installed Mozilla Firefox and my system seems as clean as a whistle now. With Explorer, I had one problem after another, with and without Kazaa.
I also have spybot,adaware and Norton

Yes, please ditch Kazaa and IE forever! Install FireFox, update Adaware, and get a decent antivirus program.

Im not using an IE. I have Mozilla both a browser and email. You can download it free from the web or sometimes on disks stuck to the front of computer nerd mags. My work nerd lent me a disk :up:

nbcrusader said:
How much of IE can you get rid of? I'd be interested in trying FireFox.

Nb, you can uninstall IE if you go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components. But I keep it b/c some java and flash doesn't work with FireFox (well, it does, but you have to manually download the right plugins). I just set FireFox as my default browser and open IE if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom