Knockemstiff, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, that's pretty cool. We sat next to a bunch of Japanese businessmen on our tour who didn't speak any English. So that was nice.

My dad and I went up to see the FSU-Boston College football game (can't believe the Noles pulled one out). Stayed with one of his friends in New Hampshire, too. I really loved Boston, just the whole vibe of the city and wealth of history everywhere. There isn't much of that in Central Florida, at least not of that magnitude.

And the Bostonian accent is tied with the Wiscaaaaaahnson accent as my favorite American accent.

lol about the accents. i hate that canada sounding thing.

florida yeah. there is a reason why i will stick to the northeast, boston, new york, dc, and if i can't help it, philly. pace of life, old buildings, public transportation (philly is last for a reason). i suppose i'd give chicago or san fran a shot if i had to, and maybe portland or seattle, neither of which i've been to. that's for the us, europe is another story.

florida yeah. there is a reason why i will stick to the northeast, boston, new york, dc, and if i can't help it, philly. pace of life, old buildings, public transportation (philly is last for a reason). i suppose i'd give chicago or san fran a shot if i had to, and maybe portland or seattle, neither of which i've been to. that's for the us, europe is another story.

My best friend just moved to Philly, well, a suburb, and it bums me out. Easily my least favorite East Coast city. Chicago, while in possession of horrid weather, has great public transportation and really nice architecture.

I hate Disney, if that helps any. I'm scared the motherfucking Mouse Police are gonna come pounding my door down.

Universal, however, is the shit. :up:
agreed. i always hated disney, and yet we always went to epcot for field trips. although now i'd probably like it :hmm:

and yeah, universal is awesome. it's a shame they closed down nickelodeon studios, but then again from what i remember it wouldn't be fun to go there unless you're the under the age of like ten or something.

My best friend just moved to Philly, well, a suburb, and it bums me out. Easily my least favorite East Coast city. Chicago, while in possession of horrid weather, has great public transportation and really nice architecture.

yeah chicago and san fran beat philly on both of those counts. philly does have nice art (but chicago is amazing with the art institute) and rittenhouse square is decent. but my 4 years in a philly suburb were really enough for me, and i don't see any jobs for me there anyway. jobs = ny, dc, a few in boston.

I see what you mean. Chicago, Boston, DC and hell, even Milwaukee were awesome cities. I'd love living in the first two, if possible.

Really want to visit New York, L.A., San Fran, or Philly in the near future, too.

yeah chicago and san fran beat philly on both of those counts. philly does have nice art (but chicago is amazing with the art institute) and rittenhouse square is decent. but my 4 years in a philly suburb were really enough for me, and i don't see any jobs for me there anyway. jobs = ny, dc, a few in boston.

The Art Institute :drool:

I see what you mean. Chicago, Boston, DC and hell, even Milwaukee were awesome cities. I'd love living in the first two, if possible.

Really want to visit New York, L.A., San Fran, or Philly in the near future, too.

la is a sprawling mess of awful people and too much neon.

i imagine i wouldn't like vegas much either.

agreed. i always hated disney, and yet we always went to epcot for field trips. although now i'd probably like it :hmm:

and yeah, universal is awesome. it's a shame they closed down nickelodeon studios, but then again from what i remember it wouldn't be fun to go there unless you're the under the age of like ten or something.

Epcot's alright, I guess. It's like world culture put through the Disney filter though.

Yeah, I was bummed about that, but you're right, it's only fun if you're a certain age. I was even more bummed about them taking down the Back to the Future ride, however. Having annual passes to that place rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom