Knockemstiff, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so windy i was being buffeted trying to hold the camera.

This poor Air Pacific flight had a hell of a time getting in, being pushed all over the place by a 16 knot crosswind. The touchdown was impressive, one huge hit that left a huge puff of smoke from the tyres, a bounce and finally it settled. I'd stopped photographing by that point, sadly.

633702ae.jpg

Cool... I think the exhibition is closing this weekend, and it's open late on Thursdays, which is why I'm going tomorrow. I'll just swing by after work or something... let me know if you wanna go then.

Sounds good to me. When are you finishing work tomorrow? I could stay late at the RHSV to 5pm and go straight there, but if you aren't done until 6pm, I'm not entirely sure how I would kill an hour. Maybe I could do research on another essay at Melbourne Uni.

Just north of Elliot Ave is another great tram spot, this time because you can take photos where it looks like the tram is rushing out of the bloody wilderness.

Also, this tram's destination is a big WTF. It's displaying route 81. There is no route 81! There's an 82! But no 81!

s640x480

Sounds good to me. When are you finishing work tomorrow? I could stay late at the RHSV to 5pm and go straight there, but if you aren't done until 6pm, I'm not entirely sure how I would kill an hour. Maybe I could do research on another essay at Melbourne Uni.

I have delusions of going in early tomorrow, to follow my epic lateness today... I'll let you know how I go. :reject:

Also, I can't remember if I posted Brighton railway station before... (UK Brighton, not Melbourne!)
P8080177sml.jpg

I love bumpy rides in aeroplanes! Way too much fun. :D

Just north of Elliot Ave is another great tram spot, this time because you can take photos where it looks like the tram is rushing out of the bloody wilderness.

Also, this tram's destination is a big WTF. It's displaying route 81. There is no route 81! There's an 82! But no 81!

s640x480

Someone needs to photoshop a dirty great dinosaur busting out of there after it... :lol:

I think the driver was just seeing if the railfans were paying attention. :wink:

A bit of research tells me that route 81 is a rarely used route for (typically non-public) workings from the Elizabeth Street terminus in the CBD to Essendon Depot via Flemington Road. So it's half-right: the tram is going to Essendon Depot, and will even use Flemington Road for part of the trip. But it's not going anywhere near Elizabeth Street!

I have delusions of going in early tomorrow, to follow my epic lateness today... I'll let you know how I go. :reject:

:laugh: Alright, sounds good. I'll probably head in to the RHSV around 2pm.

Also, I can't remember if I posted Brighton railway station before... (UK Brighton, not Melbourne!)
P8080177sml.jpg

Oooh! No, you hadn't posted that. Awesome! :drool:

I wish our Brighton had such a cool, large station. Though Brighton Beach station here is pretty neat, especially due to its peculiarity of having only platforms 2 and 3. Platform 1 is now well and truly out of use as its track is now part of a stabling yard. I have some photos there, but haven't uploaded them.

I think this is a great photo too, shame about the light pole

43d8162c.jpg

Nah, I like the light pole. It adds something. I often try to work those things into my shots - at least when I can see them. And I think that plane's main problem is less the design and more the fucking bland livery.

Did some blind photographing today. Haven't looked at the photos yet. Should see how they turned out.

Good to see you guys nearly knocking this thread stiff. :up:

:lol: Yeah, we're getting it close to the 1,000 so that Vazza can start a farewell thread, as she's leaving for Europe tomorrow morning our time.

Though I'm increasingly worried we're going to hit the 1,000 before she wakes up from her nap.

That's probably easily photoshopped... I do love the anti-bird stuff, though. :giggle:

What i like is how they get progressively shorter the closer to the airport you get. I find myself thinking that if my plane is in a position to hit the light poles, the poles themselves are the absolute last of my concerns!

I thought i'd include this pic in this post

8ed740ac.jpg

Hey Daniel! :wave:

8ed740ac.jpg

:laugh: I love it. It looks like a toy or something! Maybe a plane you could park in your driveway.

And I'll include a photo of my own. A Z3 coasting down the grade beside Melbourne Zoo, with the State Netball and Hockey Centre just visible behind the trees in the first photo.

s640x480

s640x480

What i like is how they get progressively shorter the closer to the airport you get. I find myself thinking that if my plane is in a position to hit the light poles, the poles themselves are the absolute last of my concerns!
:lol: Very true!

8ed740ac.jpg

That is too damn cute.

Hey Daniel! I seriously keep not recognising you with that avatar... :reject:

Are a heap of torrent trackers not working today?, or is just my (for the past 2 days) shitty internet connection?

Haven't been running any torrents lately myself, though when I was last looking for stuff it seemed like demonoid had gone down again.

And I think this'll be my last contribution to the picspam, as we're getting extremely close to a new thread. I like this one. Z3 172 rounding a sharp bend near the Zoo, having just passed underneath the Upfield railway line. In front of it, you can see some of the leftover debris from the wild storms that had struck a couple of days earlier.

s640x480

Not ventured into the world of torrents yet....

Wake up Vazza! :uhoh:

I need to think about bed, if I'm serious about an early start tomorrow.

OH FUCK YOU SPORTS TONIGHT!!!!!

So I'm downloading Game 3 of The NBA finals, and they just show highlights....I should know better not to have had it on in the background....So much for hanging out for the result :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom