Knockemstiff, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Vazza, want to make one more thread before you go? I'm sure Ian and I could arrange some picspam to finish this thread off if Kim doesn't regain consciousness.

i think i need a nap. then, i just have to finish packing, clean my closet and stick everything else in it, and i'll deal with all that stuff later, basically.

sure. i'm around until 6:30pm, that's just under 14 hours.

So you're leaving at 8:30am my time? Hmm, I'm not normally up then ...

Will you be on Interference when you get to Europe, or is your largely Internetless period up first?

but 150 posts and i can start a new thread before i go!

Where'd Ian get to? It's not a proper picspam without him.

Let's see if pictures featuring stadiums work as an Ian Signal. Look, it's N 463 with some carriages in the ugly new V/Line livery passing the MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND.

s640x480

So you're leaving at 8:30am my time? Hmm, I'm not normally up then ...

Will you be on Interference when you get to Europe, or is your largely Internetless period up first?

month in bosnia = regular cafe access.

2 months backpacking after that = who knows.

either way, will stop in, but if there's any u2 news (bigger than adam brewing a cup of tea) or leaks, do send it my way, to my regular email address, as i won't be checking yourwildhorses.

And here's a picture of B2 2083 and the TELSTRA DOME in the deepening twilight.

s640x480

month in bosnia = regular cafe access.

2 months backpacking after that = who knows.

either way, will stop in, but if there's any u2 news (bigger than adam brewing a cup of tea) or leaks, do send it my way, to my regular email address, as i won't be checking yourwildhorses.

Righto. Couldn't remember whether the backpacking was coming first or not.

I'll certainly e-mail you whenever anything happens. I imagine news will really start to pick up in August. Hell, if the album's out in October, we could have a single as soon as late August.

Where'd Ian get to? It's not a proper picspam without him.

Let's see if pictures featuring stadiums work as an Ian Signal. Look, it's N 463 with some carriages in the ugly new V/Line livery passing the MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND.

s640x480

nice.

i dunno if we need a picspam, speaking of which i need to offload my pictures and burn some dvd backups.

Righto. Couldn't remember whether the backpacking was coming first or not.

I'll certainly e-mail you whenever anything happens. I imagine news will really start to pick up in August. Hell, if the album's out in October, we could have a single as soon as late August.

i know :hyper:

this shit better be actually good and different, not "bomb is the best thing we've ever done" good.

i know :hyper:

this shit better be actually good and different, not "bomb is the best thing we've ever done" good.

I'm honestly worried, just by the way Brian Eno's cranking the hype machine up to full power. It's just not necessary. Sure, be proud of your work and stuff, but anybody who's talking about "best song we've made" generally HASN'T done that. I mean, before JT, the band weren't exactly running around saying "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ALBUM FOR THE AGES WOW WHAT A CLASSIC!"

I just hope it's at least good enough to fall in the middle of my album rankings rather than down the bottom with Achtung, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB.

I'm honestly worried, just by the way Brian Eno's cranking the hype machine up to full power. It's just not necessary. Sure, be proud of your work and stuff, but anybody who's talking about "best song we've made" generally HASN'T done that. I mean, before JT, the band weren't exactly running around saying "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ALBUM FOR THE AGES WOW WHAT A CLASSIC!"

I just hope it's at least good enough to fall in the middle of my album rankings rather than down the bottom with Achtung, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB.

i think they have big heads, but yeah.

i hope it's good enough to fall towards the top (where achtung finds a place, kinda at the bottom of the top)

i dunno if we need a picspam, speaking of which i need to offload my pictures and burn some dvd backups.

Any excuse is a good excuse for a picspam! :yes:

I can't say no to a chance to post pictures of the W class.

s640x480

i think they have big heads, but yeah.

i hope it's good enough to fall towards the top (where achtung finds a place, kinda at the bottom of the top)

My album ranking at the moment is:

1. UF
2. JT
3. Passengers
4. Boy
5. October
6. War
7. Zooropa
8. Pop
9. RAH (only due to its patchiness; a studio album would probably be my #3)
10. Achtung
11. HTDAAB
12. ATYCLB

So anything that places around 7-9 would leave me content, really. If it can make it up to 5-6, that'd be awesome. I don't see anything breaking the top four, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom