Knockemstiff, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i love this shit, from may

My moms are taking a class on loosing weight, where they learn how to loose weight.

My crush on Andy isn't as bad as I made it out to be. I just want a boyfriend, someone to love.

Look there's a little bit of Screwtape in me, circa age 10.

You PISSED on the Sydney opera House?

Yes, I urinated on the tourist symbol of Australia. So much for koalas urinating on tourists! Three year old Axver got one back for the non-Australians!

Basically, the story is that I had this GIGANTIC drink of Coke when we had lunch at the top of the Sydney Tower (Centrepoint or whatever it's meant to be called), and while we were walking along the outside of the Opera House, I just couldn't hold on any longer.

ooooh then a year later i write how silly i was before and about my first kiss, during truth or dare, i finagled it so it'd be with my crush. (this was the next entry after the loose weight one.) then a year later (also one entry later) i wrote about how silly i was before again. then i wrote semi-regularly cause our cat died in a huge cock-up where this random woman around the corner thought he was a stray (with groomed fur and fingernails and teeth) and he had cancer so was kinda sickly so she took him to be put down! and we found out cause she responded to one of our lost cat flyers.

:lmao: barge pole! also, you got married young! you and jen both. i am gonna be 25 before i even think about it seriously.

now watch that bite me in the ass like in a year.

I was going to comment on her getting married young too, then I remembered that even if I got married tomorrow at the age of 21, I would still be the third oldest person in my close family to be married (excluding my two mentally disabled uncles). Well, my mother's sister has never actually married my uncle, but they've been together since high school. I think they're approaching 35 years together.

The lesson I have learnt from my family: don't get married young. Most of them have divorced by now!

ooooh then a year later i write how silly i was before and about my first kiss, during truth or dare, i finagled it so it'd be with my crush. (this was the next entry after the loose weight one.) then a year later (also one entry later) i wrote about how silly i was before again. then i wrote semi-regularly cause our cat died in a huge cock-up where this random woman around the corner thought he was a stray (with groomed fur and fingernails and teeth) and he had cancer so was kinda sickly so she took him to be put down! and we found out cause she responded to one of our lost cat flyers.

lamo!! I reased that sa your acat diead with a higue cock upa randowm woemna!!! *snortrrs(

Yes, I urinated on the tourist symbol of Australia. So much for koalas urinating on tourists! Three year old Axver got one back for the non-Australians!

Basically, the story is that I had this GIGANTIC drink of Coke when we had lunch at the top of the Sydney Tower (Centrepoint or whatever it's meant to be called), and while we were walking along the outside of the Opera House, I just couldn't hold on any longer.

That is one fantastic story :lol:

i aliove moy man Eysh: weve gbotten closetr witeh eery year :Eysh: i htei nk I shoutsled feed amy kis..

omg and here i write about meeting this pair of twins, one of which i'd date later and the other is gay and went to college with me. hahahhaha.

you may have just dethrowned mia for the "worst drunk typist" award.

Bonnie already has.

One night, she forgot the alphabet. There was one post where we could not decipher a single word. She doesn't have the faintest clue what it said either.

that is awesome

BAD NEWS FELLAS!!!

CHICAGO - For five gruelling months in 2006 and 2007, Carol Kanga suffered through treatment for a life-threatening case of throat cancer linked to an unlikely source: a sexually transmitted viral infection.
Unable to swallow food or water during chemotherapy and radiation treatment, Kanga was fed through a stomach tube. Her one respite came on Thanksgiving, when she savoured a single spoonful of weak broth.
"The radiation basically burns the skin off the outside and inside of your throat," said Kanga, 52. "It's like there's a fire inside your neck."
Kanga's treatment was successful, but the virus that struck her is causing increasing concern among some researchers who think it is causing a small-scale epidemic of throat cancer.
That virus, scientists have proved only in the last two years, is human papillomavirus, or HPV - the same virus that's behind most cases of cervical cancer.
With 6,000 cases per year and an annual increase of up to 10 per cent in men younger than 60, some researchers say the HPV-linked throat cancers could overtake cervical cancer in the next decade.
"It's almost a new disease, in a sense," said Dr Ezra Cohen, an oncologist at the University of Chicago Medical Centre. "It's now becoming a dominant sub-type of the disease that we see in our clinic."
The HPV infections likely took root decades ago as the Baby Boomers were reaching adulthood, and only now are spurring a rise in throat cancer cases, mostly among men and women in their 50s.
No one understands the precise reason for the increase, though experts suspect it's linked to changes in sexual practices that emerged in the 1960s and '70s. For example, oral sex is a known risk factor for HPV-related throat cancers, and studies have shown that people who have come of age since the 1950s are more likely to have engaged in oral sex than those who were born earlier.
"Those people were in their teens during the sexual revolution, so they may be leading the wave," said Dr Maura Gillison, a professor of oncology and epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Centre who has published numerous studies indicating that HPV-related throat cancer is a distinct type of disease.
The virus targets a specific portion of the upper throat called the oropharynx, which includes the tonsils and base of the tongue. Just a decade ago, doctors believed nearly all such cancers were linked with smoking or extremely heavy drinking

Oral sex blamed for rise in throat cancer - World - BrisbaneTimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom