Knockemstiff, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah they have one of my favorite monets ever there, what a great place in general. went on the baseball trip. i'd like to get back and see more of chicago some time, and catch a white sox game and a normal cubs game

I'll likely have moved on when next you visit here. So, you can visit and truly enjoy your stay. :)

Epcot's alright, I guess. It's like world culture put through the Disney filter though.

Yeah, I was bummed about that, but you're right, it's only fun if you're a certain age. I was even more bummed about them taking down the Back to the Future ride, however. Having annual passes to that place rocks.
exactly. it's cool to walk around to different countries, but...it's still disney.

and yeah, i heard about the bttf ride. i loved that ride.

I've paid, figuratively, after the fact, for sex I've had but never up front/for cash, no.

haha. i paid once after the fact literally. long story. very costly story. another time he stole my damn british converter, but he did put out 80 pounds for the hotel room, so i can't complain.

it's not that, it's that i keep seeing the quote and i stop scrollign thinking there's a post for me to read there.

Ohhh, okay. I thought you were talking about the picture. Got the idea for the sig from Elfa. Plus, the new sig picture restrictions are total bullshit.

YLB, this is a little over the top, but, LA is most definitely not for everyone. Still worth visiting, of course.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to live there, just visit. I may have to though if I pursue my career of choice.

exactly. it's cool to walk around to different countries, but...it's still disney.

and yeah, i heard about the bttf ride. i loved that ride.

I haven't been there since the Simpsons Ride opened. Circa1992 was there for Memorial Day weekend and I really wanted to meet her there, but couldn't make it.

YLB, this is a little over the top, but, LA is most definitely not for everyone. Still worth visiting, of course.

Yeah, it was over the top. LA is interesting, been there twice (that i can remember) visiting family. I do like the part where there's tons of parks and hiking because of earth quake lines. My relatives have a gorgeous house, even though it's terrifying to drive up to. And it's itneresting briefly but man with the traffic and superficiality I could never live there. Joshua Tree park, that was amazing.

Keeping with the theme of my being at places when they open...I was at Universal Orlando on opening day....was pouring rain, 3/4 of the attractions did not work....they gave us free tickets for a future visit, which was great, since we were leaving the next day.

Keeping with the theme of my being at places when they open...I was at Universal Orlando on opening day....was pouring rain, 3/4 of the attractions did not work....they gave us free tickets for a future visit, which was great, since we were leaving the next day.
i was there too that day! holy shit. i however got to use my free passes :drool:

i remember the whole time i lived in florida when universal was open, a constant was the jaws ride not working. that sticks out in my mind.

Yeah, it was over the top. LA is interesting, been there twice (that i can remember) visiting family. I do like the part where there's tons of parks and hiking because of earth quake lines. My relatives have a gorgeous house, even though it's terrifying to drive up to. And it's itneresting briefly but man with the traffic and superficiality I could never live there. Joshua Tree park, that was amazing.

The traffic is just horrible. A notch above any other big city, and with no real strong public transportation system. The superficiality, though....after time, you learn how to avoid that. But, yeah, every day there I had reasons to love and hate it.

a simpsons ride? wtf. that sucks that you guys couldn't meet up. i want to try to meet more interferencers, but i'm not sure how :hmm:

Yeah, man. I'd love to meet more Interferencers in person, but it'd be kind of awkward having to explain it to my parents, especially if there's a large enough age difference. It'll be easier once I go off to college, I guess.

semi related, not to your theme of openings, but amusement parks...i got stuck atop a roller coaster at six flags NJ in the 90 degree heat, for like 15-20 minutes, they sent a guy up to say the brakes were broken, but no water, no shade...then all of a sudden they started it up without telling us the brakes were fixed...scariest ride of my life and sooooo dehydrating.

Yeah, man. I'd love to meet more Interferencers in person, but it'd be kind of awkward having to explain it to my parents, especially if there's a large enough age difference. It'll be easier once I go off to college, I guess.
yeah, luckily for me i don't have that problem anymore :wink: but still, it's not like anyone's gonna be like "hey, let's have an interference gathering in memphis!" so i'd have to go out of town, which brings up nsw's favourite complaint of mine :wink:

I've got a theme park topper. I was on a roller coaster at Six Flags Great America and the overhanging seat belt thing came off as the coaster was climbing. Never gripped something down as hard as that in my entire life. Do with that last sentence what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom