Knob Lick, Missouri Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting ridiculous, but:

An intellectual tortoise, racing with your bullet train
We won't get fooled again! No we won't get fooled again!
Whooooooo are you? Ooh ooh, ooh ooh!
Talking 'bout my generation!
All you need is love!
All because of you! All because of you!
All because of you! I knew him as a gentle young man,
Cannot say for sure the reason for his decline
Singing, ah la la la de day, ah la la la de day, ah la la de day.

At this rate, we'll have Phail's first album written before we get to the next thread.

Lights go down, it's dark
The door is open, I try to get in
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Ba-bam satellite of love
Satellite of love
Swinging to the music
Swinging to the music
Woooooah, wooooaaaahh
WOH WOAH SHE'S A REFUGEE
MAMA SAYS ONE DAY SHE'S GONNA LIVE IN A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO

Met up with a couple of friends. We came back here since one of them doesn't live that far from me, and we started having a heart to heart chat, and then I got sick of it because one of them was so incomprehensibly fucked so I went online on and off for a while to see what was going on. They were raiding my beers. One of them dropped one bottle and was like UH SHIT BONNIE I'M SO SORRY and in pure drunkenness gave me twenty dollars. :lol: I paid less for the whole carton! So you see, it pays to have drunk friends coming to your house and breaking things.

Nice, you got money out of the whole deal!

How do you have a heart to heart chat being that drunk, anyway?

One of them dropped one bottle and was like UH SHIT BONNIE I'M SO SORRY and in pure drunkenness gave me twenty dollars. :lol: I paid less for the whole carton! So you see, it pays to have drunk friends coming to your house and breaking things.

I'm going to try this scam.

I'll pre-break things, then put them back together so that they look unbroken but are so flimsy they will come apart the second they get touched. Subsequently, MONEY FOR AXVER.

What happened?

I realised that I have two major_essays due in the week of my two exams. Ouch.

Miscommunication in one course is giving me the run-around. Hopefully everything will be OK, but ... bleh. I'm feeling more positive than I did earlier, partly because you lot have made me laugh and partly thanks to 1.5 glasses of shiraz.

At this rate, we'll have Phail's first album written before we get to the next thread.

Lights go down, it's dark
The door is open, I try to get in
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Ba-bam satellite of love
Satellite of love
Swinging to the music
Swinging to the music
Woooooah, wooooaaaahh
WOH WOAH SHE'S A REFUGEE
MAMA SAYS ONE DAY SHE'S GONNA LIVE IN A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO

Unos, dos, tres, one!
I'll show you a place, high on the desert plane,
Where the streets're paved with gold, lifted some stones
Saw the skin and bones, of bullet the blue sky!
Bullet the blue, bullet the blue
Boom-cha, boom-cha, discotheque
Oh black betty, bam-ba-lam, oh black betty,
MOTHER SUCKING ROCK AND ROLL!

Nice, you got money out of the whole deal!

How do you have a heart to heart chat being that drunk, anyway?

If anything it's even more heart to heart because you leave absolutely nothing out. One of my friends I've known since high school came from the worst part of Perth, and was telling us all about how kids would OD in class, there would be suicides every month, stuff like that. I could only reply with like "Well a few of my friends had heroin problems but they're okay now, so yeah".

I'm going to try this scam.

I'll pre-break things, then put them back together so that they look unbroken but are so flimsy they will come apart the second they get touched. Subsequently, MONEY FOR AXVER.

Use plastic glue to hold bottles together :up:

If anything it's even more heart to heart because you leave absolutely nothing out. One of my friends I've known since high school came from the worst part of Perth, and was telling us all about how kids would OD in class, there would be suicides every month, stuff like that. I could only reply with like "Well a few of my friends had heroin problems but they're okay now, so yeah".

... oh...

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Gotta love it how people sometimes just unload stuff onto you without wondering if you can carry it...

Unos, dos, tres, one!
I'll show you a place, high on the desert plane,
Where the streets're paved with gold, lifted some stones
Saw the skin and bones, of bullet the blue sky!
Bullet the blue, bullet the blue
Boom-cha, boom-cha, discotheque
Oh black betty, bam-ba-lam, oh black betty,
MOTHER SUCKING ROCK AND ROLL!

Boy, stupid boy!
Don't sit at the table, 'til you're able
Toy, broken toy
Torn in ribbons and in bows
Like a siren she knock knock knocks on heaven's door
Knock knock knockin' all along the watchtower
The joker said to the thief
There must be some way out of here
I can't keep stayin' alive
Ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah ah ah A CELEBRATION, SHAKE, SHAKE!

I think all I could reply with is "yeah, couple of my friends have thrown their lives away on fundamentalist religion. Damn shame, people wasting lives."

... oh...

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Gotta love it how people sometimes just unload stuff onto you without wondering if you can carry it...

Oh, absolutely. I'm one of the only people I know that, to my understanding, seems to stop just before the truth serum sets in. I think "Well, I could tell them, but do they really want to hear it?". And then I start drinking a lot slower.

You should cover Bad and act as if it's about being a member of an AOG church.

:lmao:

If you twist and turn a gay
If you tear him in two again
If you could, you know you would
If you could, you would
Come out of the closet ...

Oh, absolutely. I'm one of the only people I know that, to my understanding, seems to stop just before the truth serum sets in. I think "Well, I could tell them, but do they really want to hear it?". And then I start drinking a lot slower.

Yeah, I always either have a crisis of conscience or just want nobody to know when it comes to talking about things like that. Whether or not I've had anything to drink.

Whereas people seem to love telling me their life stories and life problems, so much so that it sometimes seems like there's just one guy, carrying the loads of everyone else.

Wonder how much I'll rant about and WHAT I'll rant about if I'm drunk ... probably trains or some such bullshit, really passionately ...

Whereas people seem to love telling me their life stories and life problems, so much so that it sometimes seems like there's just one guy, carrying the loads of everyone else.

Ah, you people who actually seem welcoming and nice and shit. People come to me with their problems, but always in a "so, Ax, your analysis? What should I do?" kind of manner. I think because I seem so distant or whatever.

Ah, you people who actually seem welcoming and nice and shit. People come to me with their problems, but always in a "so, Ax, your analysis? What should I do?" kind of manner. I think because I seem so distant or whatever.

I get both, unfortunately. :happy:

Oh fffuck it's almost midnight and I'm getting into a shitty routine where I'm always late for my lesson tomorrow - so I've gotta go. Keep it real, guys. :wave:

I get both, unfortunately. :happy:

People seem to come to me even more often to say things that they think other people might look down on them for saying. Like ... "So-and-so is a total fuckknob, I wish he'd just fall off a cliff or something". Some people might say "oh, you shouldn't say things like that". I say "yeah, onto some really fuckin' pointy rocks".

Fuck, how'd it pass midnight? Fuckity.

'Night, Bonnie. :wave:

Can we still manage to hit a new thread before I go to sleep?

Not that I mind all that much, it's just that I don't trust anyone enough to fully reveal everything to them. Which is why the Catholic sacrament of confession has always fascinated me.

Is it wrong that if I had to do confession, I would totally make shit up?

People seem to come to me even more often to say things that they think other people might look down on them for saying. Like ... "So-and-so is a total fuckknob, I wish he'd just fall off a cliff or something". Some people might say "oh, you shouldn't say things like that". I say "yeah, onto some really fuckin' pointy rocks".

:laugh:

Usually I'm the one who does that to draw out a reaction from someone I'm talking to / counselling / comforting / whatever. Which means that I have a reputation for being the one who always says whatever the hell he damn well thinks, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom