Kitchen Nightmares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Fuck me" and "dear oh dear" are hard to keep out of my vocabulary after watching this show too much :lol:

DevilsShoes said:
Hi Slipstream :wave:

Yes we're into series 5 in the UK, only two episodes have aired so far, the thirds on Wednesday, it's only a 5 part series sadly. He's revisiting the La Parra and the Fenwick Arms at some point yes, but the most recent edition was set in Paris, it's definitely one to watch out for when it airs on BBC America. As I said in my above post, despite Ramsay's best efforts, the future of the business didn't look particuarly bright by the end.

Hi ya! I watched the Paris one actually yesterday and downloaded ep 1, Ruby Tate's(now Love's) as well. What a great episode and probably one of my all time favourite episodes - you can actually join their Facebook page. I've read that his restaurant in Brighton is doing quite well.

I've also found out that there will be 8 episodes. Here is the list -

Series 5

1. Ruby Tate's (renamed Love's Fish Restaurant during filming), Brighton, England
2. Piccolo Teatro, Paris, France
3. The Fenwick Arms, Claughton, England. (Revisited).................I wonder if kept up with his gravy campaign.
4. La Parra de Burriana, Nerja, Spain (Revisited)..............can't wait for this one!
5. The Priory , Haywards Heath, England (Due to air 27/11/07 [1])
6. TBA
7. Curry Lounge, Nottingham, England (Due to air 11/12/07 [2])
8. TBA

TBA - The Fish & Anchor Lampeter, Wales
TBA - The Granary, Titchfield, England

I really liked the owner of that restaurant, he seemed so friendly....and after finding out about the state of his business, I felt so bad for him. :(

I'm wondering if he did a stateside version of Shepherd's Pie using beef or the traditional way using lamb. I'm not sure how lamb would go over with a clientele that's used to a beef pie. They did say however that he was using his family recipe so perhaps he would have used lamb. "Cottage Pie" is the name of the version made with minced beef. That aside I found a Gordon Ramsay recipe for Shepherd's Pie from "The F Word".

He makes his exactly like mine but I don't use rosemary or cheese - that would make it more of a Cumberland Pie. I use a couple of tablespoons of ketchup which gives a slight touch of sugar which really balances it nicely. And my all important ingredient would be adding condensed mint sauce like Burgess. It turns the whole thing into a flavour explosion! You can make your Mince exactly the same just don't add the eggs and replace the mashed spuds with chunks of potato in the mince instead.

Ramsay's recipe - http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/shepherds-pie-recipe_p_1.html

RavenBlue said:
Hoo boy, that was so sad at the end. They had all come so far and she wound up going under anyway!

I know, I actually felt really sad when they said that. :(

Back
Top Bottom