Kitchen Nightmares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I would've realized beforehand that the Rockies pitcher is a Canuck.. then I likely would've watched but no..

I sat in a brief mist of sadness at the prospect of no Gordon...

and then I turned the channel :wink:

cant beleive after that immature tirade that Ramsay stayed and finished dinner service - maybe it was because he is minding his manners in the US

:lmao:

Wow, that guy was a jerk. :huh:

I get such a kick out of these people...our restaurant is failing, we are running the risk of going out of business, we need help...but we don't want to change. :der: :lol:

Daddysgonnapay said:
guess this dumb-ass is still in business :huh:

http://sebastiansrestaurant.com/menu//

this seems to be a combo of his menu and chef ramsey's menu

Ohh good detective work. I see he still has the 'combo' thing going but he also has some of chef's stuff too. Ah well at least they're using fresh stuff and the wood burning oven, and he didnt go back to his menu 100%. What a moron.

My tape ran out at the end of the show when Gordon was walking out of the restaurant. Can anyone tell me if anything happened after that?

I saw the whole episode right to the end when Gordon is leaving from the front of the restaurant. Usually they show something after like him doing a community thing or something. That's the part I missed if there was something like that.

I'm going through the British series, as usual it's a lot better (for me) overall than the US adaptation, which has been pretty formulaic from episode to episode.

I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the back catalogue of UK episodes, there are some real good stories (and Gordon fails, too).

I think this is a good point, the new series of Kitchen Nightmares UK started just a couple of weeks ago and watching the two shows (via Youtube) alongside each other, you can see that although they have the same name and concept, they're actually pretty different from each other.

The US version is more about impact I think, quick edits, incidental music and a dramatic voiceover, however much trouble the resturant is in, by the end of it Ramsay has whipped it into shape and made it lucrative again, bringing the family/owners back together.

In the UK version Gordon seems far more human than heroic, the series is less about high drama and more about the sheer effort and willpower it takes to pull the business out of the pit it's fallen into. It also feels more like Ramsay's show, he addresses the camera more and does the voiceover which gives the thing more intimacy, you know that these are his personal thoughts and not those of some detached narrator. Plus by the end of it things are not nearly as clear-cut as they appear in the US version, very often although the business has been stabilised by Ramsay, there's no guarantee that it will continue to thrive and be successful, in fact all too often things still seem to be very much in the balance.

You really do get an impression of how precrarious the whole thing really is, even with the help of one of the worlds greatest chefs.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
I'm going through the British series, as usual it's a lot better (for me) overall than the US adaptation, which has been pretty formulaic from episode to episode.

I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the back catalogue of UK episodes, there are some real good stories (and Gordon fails, too).

Yeah in the West Coast they air Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC America on Thursdays!!!...

BonoFox1 said:
^oh ok...no they didnt show any update on the restuarant situation, Im glad though that stupid Seb(ass)tian got on my nerves:madspit:

Cool...thanks! I guess there really wasn't much to show after Sea Bass did Gordon's head in.

DevilsShoes said:
In the UK version Gordon seems far more human than heroic, the series is less about high drama and more about the sheer effort and willpower it takes to pull the business out of the pit it's fallen into. It also feels more like Ramsay's show, he addresses the camera more and does the voiceover which gives the thing more intimacy, you know that these are his personal thoughts and not those of some detached narrator. Plus by the end of it things are not nearly as clear-cut as they appear in the US version, very often although the business has been stabilised by Ramsay, there's no guarantee that it will continue to thrive and be successful, in fact all too often things still seem to be very much in the balance.

You really do get an impression of how precrarious the whole thing really is, even with the help of one of the worlds greatest chefs.

Couldn't agree more. The US version has really disappointed me compared to the Channel 4 one. Fox has not surprised me. One of the reasons with UK and Canadian tv is that they have very low budgets and have to use other means to capture the audience. A different sensibility that you don't see on some US shows, if any.

So you're in the middle of Series 5 then? I just realised we don't have it yet and in the new series he revisits La Parra and the Fenwick Arms. How many new episodes have they shown there?

Last edited:
Hi Slipstream :wave:

Yes we're into series 5 in the UK, only two episodes have aired so far, the thirds on Wednesday, it's only a 5 part series sadly. He's revisiting the La Parra and the Fenwick Arms at some point yes, but the most recent edition was set in Paris, it's definitely one to watch out for when it airs on BBC America. As I said in my above post, despite Ramsay's best efforts, the future of the business didn't look particuarly bright by the end.

It was all down to the owners attitude, you can change everything about a resturant to make it viable but changing people's mindsets is a whole different ball game.

I felt sorry for Ramsay at the end, you sould see how frustrated he was and how much he wanted things to improve for the owners/business but it all seemed futile. Fortunately he spotted a chef working there who had real potential and gave her the option of working alongside him at one of his own resturants, which she gladly accepted.

Yeah, I remember one of the UK episodes where he whipped the kitchen staff into shape, and then offered two of the commis/line cooks a chance to work in his kitchen :lol:

The nice thing is that he goes back to check on the place after a month, in the UK series. There are still success stories, like Love's and their fish and chips shop, but then there are an equal amount of stubborn owners who won't budge on prices or whatever the fatal flaw in their business is.

Back
Top Bottom