Kitchen Nightmares - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 07:57 PM
__________________

__________________
Doozer61 is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cruzila
It pained me to see Pete berate his waitress like that and act unprofessional infront of his customers.

Next weeks kitchen looks naaaaasty! buggies! I mean, I know that they are everywhere, but the previews of that kitchen were ick!
Most likely Im going to have to work gonna have to tape it!

gonna have to ask for Wednesdays off Ive Got Top Model to watch at 8pm and Kitchen Nightmares at 9pm
__________________

__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #33
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:57 PM
I think I probably like Hell's Kitchen better, but anything with Gordon in it will make me watch.

I was talking to an executive chef recently and he was bursting my bubble, telling me that all that stuff is obviously planted in those restaurants to make the show and that there is no way restaurants could look like that, with the health inspections etc. Meh I dont know, the bugs looked pretty real to me and I think difficult to stage.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #34
War Child
 
DevilsShoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 760
Local Time: 04:57 AM
Yeah Hell's Kitchen started in the UK but Gordon was trying to teach relatively minor celebrities how to cook in that one rather than members of the public. He only did the one season and other master chefs have taken over since.

The most recent one only finished a couple of days ago and had Marco Pierre White as the head chef. He used to employ Gordon and one evening after a particuarly fraught service he, unbelievably, managed to reduce Gordon to tears
In the show Pierre White rarely if ever lost his temper but he was certainly quite an intimdating presence.

Anyway the 3 seasons of Hell's Kitchen USA are all great fun, really compelling to watch, I think Gordons even more explosive in this series than he was in the UK version and he was pretty volatile in that one. His assortment of one-liners and put-downs are hilarious, he's definitely the pivot point around which everything else revolves. You can see how much his trainee chefs want to please him and how much his praise means to them. His promise to Julia the waffle house cook that he would pay for her to go to culinary school was very moving. You can tell how much he really cares deep down.

Oh and Kitchen Nightmares is great too, and I think although certain things are embellished, (for watchability reasons if nothing else) I think that executive chef would be surprised at just how bad the hygiene levels are at certain places. I have a feeling it's much closer to reality than anyone would like to think.
__________________
DevilsShoes is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #35
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,816
Local Time: 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I think I probably like Hell's Kitchen better, but anything with Gordon in it will make me watch.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #36
New Yorker
 
Daddysgonnapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,701
Local Time: 11:57 PM
I think the bill collector arriving during dinner service was a bit planted but the look on the chef's face while Gordon was berating Peter seemed genuine!
__________________
Daddysgonnapay is offline  
Old 09-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Peters

will go back down the toilet
because of Peter.


If the family is lucky
the loan sharks will disappear him.

Most likely they have carried all the new equipment out the back door because of Peter's debts.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilsShoes
Yeah Hell's Kitchen started in the UK but Gordon was trying to teach relatively minor celebrities how to cook in that one rather than members of the public. He only did the one season and other master chefs have taken over since.

The most recent one only finished a couple of days ago and had Marco Pierre White as the head chef. He used to employ Gordon and one evening after a particuarly fraught service he, unbelievably, managed to reduce Gordon to tears
In the show Pierre White rarely if ever lost his temper but he was certainly quite an intimdating presence.

Anyway the 3 seasons of Hell's Kitchen USA are all great fun, really compelling to watch, I think Gordons even more explosive in this series than he was in the UK version and he was pretty volatile in that one. His assortment of one-liners and put-downs are hilarious, he's definitely the pivot point around which everything else revolves. You can see how much his trainee chefs want to please him and how much his praise means to them. His promise to Julia the waffle house cook that he would pay for her to go to culinary school was very moving. You can tell how much he really cares deep down.

Oh and Kitchen Nightmares is great too, and I think although certain things are embellished, (for watchability reasons if nothing else) I think that executive chef would be surprised at just how bad the hygiene levels are at certain places. I have a feeling it's much closer to reality than anyone would like to think.

I wish they would give re-runs of this on the BBC America
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #39
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:57 PM
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 02:26 AM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 07:57 PM
OMG this episode with the American and Indian food was SO FREAKING DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!

WOW I love it that Gordon got in Martins face!!GORDON RULES!!! and he has a noooice broad chest!!!!!((Im going to be rewinding that part a lot))

I cant believe the health inspectors never saw this,,Do they rate restaurants in NY??? OMG if they did this one would have been closed immediately!!!!!!!

Its scary to know what happens in the kitchen where you eat
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Posts: 6,591
Local Time: 11:57 PM
omg, i totally missed it.
__________________
cruzila is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #42
New Yorker
 
Daddysgonnapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,701
Local Time: 11:57 PM
I missed it too!!
__________________
Daddysgonnapay is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #43
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 570
Local Time: 10:57 PM
ok that was totally disgusting

can you imagine watching that and then realizing you ate there
__________________
lucky charms is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #44
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoFox1
and he has a noooice broad chest!!!!!


Quote:
I cant believe the health inspectors never saw this,,Do they rate restaurants in NY??? OMG if they did this one would have been closed immediately!!!!!!!
Yeah see that's why I think the show is not 100% legit. I am sure every restaurant must be inspected every so often and for sure this place would be shut down if they got a gander at all that mess
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
RavenBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The majestic Canuckian wilderness
Posts: 17,103
Local Time: 12:57 AM
I wondered that myself, but still.. made for a nice entertaining episode.. and a nice chest shot
__________________

__________________
RavenBlue is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com