Kitchen Nightmares - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #211
Refugee
 
Slipstream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 04:40 AM
That's me, single, Canuck/Brit, cooks, and hangs out on Interference.....oh dear........not that it's a bad thing.

I need to cook something tonight, what should it be?
__________________

__________________
Slipstream is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #212
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Slipstream
That's me, single, Canuck/Brit, cooks, and hangs out on Interference.....oh dear........not that it's a bad thing.

I need to cook something tonight, what should it be?
Me too! Except for the Brit thing. Well, Brit/Scottish several generations back, but I digress.

For the past few months, ever since there's been crap on tv, I've been watching The Food Network a lot, and it's been inspiring me. Tonight, I'm making stuffed pork tenderloin, with a dijon glaze. It's almost ready.

Wanna come over for dinner?

I invited him first, Kaf.


__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #213
Refugee
 
Slipstream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Me too! Except for the Brit thing. Well, Brit/Scottish several generations back, but I digress.

For the past few months, ever since there's been crap on tv, I've been watching The Food Network a lot, and it's been inspiring me. Tonight, I'm making stuffed pork tenderloin, with a dijon glaze. It's almost ready.

Wanna come over for dinner?

I invited him first, Kaf.


I've got my shoes on! I hope you're close! And wow....do I love pork tenderloin and with a dijon glaze! That sounds soooo good.

I've been addicted to the Food Network recently but I have to be honest....not the biggest fan of Rachael Ray...he he. My favourite shows recently are Chef at Large and Restaurant Makeover, which are both Canadian.

I wanted to add. The thing that sucks about being single is not being able to cook for somebody 'cause I find when I make something for myself I sometimes eat what I'm cooking as I go along and when it's finished I'm not as excited. Also it's nice to see people happy when they eat!
__________________
Slipstream is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #214
Refugee
 
Slipstream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,474
Local Time: 04:40 AM
I don't know if they're doing it in the States but up here they are advertising that tonight is a new episode of Kitchen Nightmares when it's not. Zap2it say it's the Olde Stone Mill, which was shown in Oct and they even say it's a new episode. Global tv(which really suck) up here says it's an all new episode as well -

Gordon tries to improve business for an upscale California restaurant in desperate need of clientele; the executive chef has a showdown with Gordon in front of the entire staff.

I don't get it. How can these people out right lie to get viewers? Do they really think we're that dumb?
__________________
Slipstream is offline  
Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #215
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Slipstream


I've got my shoes on! I hope you're close! And wow....do I love pork tenderloin and with a dijon glaze! That sounds soooo good.

I've been addicted to the Food Network recently but I have to be honest....not the biggest fan of Rachael Ray...he he. My favourite shows recently are Chef at Large and Restaurant Makeover, which are both Canadian.

I wanted to add. The thing that sucks about being single is not being able to cook for somebody 'cause I find when I make something for myself I sometimes eat what I'm cooking as I go along and when it's finished I'm not as excited. Also it's nice to see people happy when they eat!
I do the same thing! I'm all excited for it, and then when it's finished, I'm all "meh, that wasn't very good."

I tend to watch mostly the reality shows. I like Restaurant Makeover too, along with Iron Chef America, and I just finished watching that series with Jamie Oliver selecting the chef for to have his own restaurant. And, of course, I catch Ramsey's shows, Kitchen Nightmares UK and now the Hell's Kitchen reruns.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #216
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 06:40 AM
I downloaded the first two seasons of Hell's Kitchen. The only problem is, it's the edited version, so, no swearing. I'll have to fill in the blanks, myself.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 04:40 AM
There is two seasons? I thought there was only one.

My TiVo recorded the first episode of Hell's Kitchen a few days ago.....man, those people did not know what they were getting themselves into


WE NEED ANOTHER SEASON!
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 06:40 AM
I looked it up on Wikipedia, and the season I'm watching now on Food Network Canada (unedited, with Ramsey at his best, in full foul-mouthed glory ) is the 3rd season. I have seasons 1 and 2 downloaded. According to Wiki, this is correct, that's how many there have been.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #219
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 03:40 AM
There's like 3 seasons of Kitchen Nightmares I thought.

When the hell is the next one going to be on??
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com