Kiss - Kissology 1974-1977 DVD Box Set in 31 October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :dancing:

This is only for Kiss fans in here:

Read this info !!!!!

"KISS: 'Kissology' Six-Hour, Two-DVD Box Set Due On Halloween; Trailer Available - Sep. 9, 2006

The first installment of the long-awaited, long-rumored (three-volume) DVD box set of vintage KISS live performance footage is scheduled for an October 31 release. Titled "Kissology: Volume One 1974-1977", the two-disc set will have a running time of six hours and include clips and four complete concerts. However, as the years "1974-1977" in the title indicate, it won't include the full performance from either of the last two final clubs shows the band undertook in 1973 (December 21 and 22) at The Coventry in Queens, New York.

When former KISS manager Bill Aucoin discovered a tape in his archives a few years ago consisting of footage from these two last club shows KISS did before they went out on their first actual tour, he showed the video to Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley and ever since there have been negotiations on and off to get this material officially released on DVD. One of the two shows has been said to be the complete performance, while the other one is incomplete as a rehearsal had been taped over it.

When Bill Aucoin talked about the supposed vintage box set at the June 3 KISS Expo Belgium, he also mentioned several very cool bonus features to be part of the box set — including a full audio recording of a KISS performance at The Daisy in 1973 along with rehearsal footage from the LaTang Studios as well as a demo recorded for Casablanca Records founder Neil Bogart.

So, what will be on this six-hour DVD set then? According to the trailer, which you can view at this location, it includes "five infamous television appearances" (but — in some sort of sad KISS tradition — not complete as not all performed songs on "In Concert", "The Midnight Special" and "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special" are included!), four complete concerts and "never-before-seen live footage." All digitally restored video and 5.1 audio mix, and with liner notes from the band. The complete shows are: San Francisco '75 (January 31), Detroit '76 (January 26), Tokyo '77 (April 2) and Houston '77 (September 2). Other bits and pieces include the band's performance on "The Mike Douglas Show" in April of '74, the 1975 promo clips for "C'mon And Love Me" and "Rock And Roll All Nite" and the band's appearance on the English TV show "So It Goes" from August 21, 1976. This "definitive KISS video anthology" is presented by VH1 Classic, who will air the special "Hanging With... KISS" around the time of release. Distribution will be taken care of by Fontana Distribution, an independent music distribution company. And apparantly, the DVDs will also contain a couple of hidden features, being one song from one of the above mentioned final Coventry performances and KISS' one-song live performance at Ace Frehley's wedding, which took place on May 1, 1976 at The Americana in New York.

(Thanks: KissKollector.com) "

:drool: :drool:

and Have a look of the official site of this extraordinary Box Set
http://www.flashenhanced.com/mtv/kissology/kissology.htm

Damn, How I wish U2 made something like that :(

When I have more news, I'll put here :wave:

album_pic.php

kiss_live.jpg

kiss_75_005_lg.jpg

alive.jpg

kiss_75_003_lg.jpg

I really don't think you'll get a positive response in this particular forum for Kiss (I've tried)

but it sure looks interesting last time I got something related to Kiss was the boxset or was it Alive IV? don't remember which came first, anyway thanks for the heads up I might actually buy this

flame on...:reject:

I'm not a Kiss fan at all, but I think this info is really awesome for Kiss fans here :ohmy:

If I found any info about other artists I'll post here :yes:

Salu2 a Mexico :wave:

I have just met my new best friends....KISS is the only band that if my favorite of all time:combust:

I really want to do a KISS trivia game somewhere on Interference but I know it would be closed:shrug:

I used to know everything about this freakin band, I got into them when I was 10 but started to lose interest the minute I heard Pop in 97 (I was 16)

I've seen Kiss 7-8 times; Reunion Tour through Rock the Nation Tour how about you guys?

i've never seen them live. i wanted to see the reunion tour with the four origial members but didn't get the chance. I don't like the idea that other guys are wearing Ace and Peter's make up and playing their parts. i think it's weird. and sad. are they still touring? I don't know what they are up to anymore except that gene simmons has his own tv show on A&E

I watched a couple of episodes of Gene Simmons School of Rock, it makes me cringe :scream:

as for what they are doing now I have no idea, I know Paul is getting out a new solo album so hopefully it will be way better than Gene's which was absolut crap

Most of what Gene does makes me cringe. Paul is starting to look like Michael Jackson with all his plastic surgery. I didn't know about Paul's new solo album. I hadn't heard anything from Gene's album but they showed him filming the video to "Firestarter' on one of his reality shows. It really was cringe-worthy!:no: :scream:

yes unfortunately Gene has become an embarrasment to Kiss for the past 6 years, as for Paul he's even going on a club tour

:love: wowee!

Hey, is it true that Bob Dylan co-wrote a song for Gene's solo album? I can't remember where I heard that.

I've seen them a LOT of times on all different tours..

They are saying they will come back in 2007, but who knows they are always on and off...

As far as solo records go out of the whole band, Ace wins hands down..I think Paul's solo album would be surprisingly good...

Ok NO cheating..

What tour, day, what stadium, where, song and year did Ace Frehley get electricuted and the concert was prosponed for 20-30 min because he fainted?

Bonus question...Why did he get electricuted?

God I don't remember the tour less the day, I know it was the same day Gene's hair caught on fire, and it was because Ace was holding on to the rail stepping down from the stage and it was wet.

did you got to see them back in the 70's?

No wasn't born then:sad:

I got into KISS when I was like 3 because of my dad...I also got into U2 because of my dad...

I think Ace was electrocuted in Florida in 1977. I don't know what song he was playing. Do I get partial credit?:flirt:

Cookies good?

It was in the middle/end of the Rock and Roll Over Tour in 1977 December 12. It was in Lakeland, Florida at the Civic Center during the begining/middle of Detroit Rock City..Ace lost his balance and touched the railings...Later the roadies found out the railing was ungrounded so when he touched it there was some sourt of electrical wave that was sent from Ace's body,to his guitar, to the cable connecting his guitar and amp, to his amp..

The solution for this whole problem was when wireless cables came out for guitars..

Okay this is an easier question...

What was the special, Kiss was on in October 31, 1976..

Bonus question..

What songs did they play?

This time I'm not going to blurt the answer:wink:

Uhh I don't remember the show Paul Lynde Show or something like that?? the witch from the wizard of oz was also there, they did King of the Nightime World, Beth and I'm pretty sure Detroit Rock City

ok I got one, name every single freakin line up from the original to the current lineup, no years only names

:shifty:

Ace
Peter
Paul
Gene

Ace
Eric C
Paul
Gene

Vinnie
Eric C
Paul
Gene

Mark
Eric C
Paul
Gene

Bruce
Eric C
Paul
Gene

Bruce
Eric S
Paul
Gene

Ace
Peter
Paul
Gene

then I have no clue...I know Eric S is back in the band as "Peter" and someone else plays Ace now too right?

yeah then it would be

Ace
Gene
Paul
Eric S

Gene
Paul
Thommy
Peter

and finally

Gene
Paul
Thommy
Eric S.

10 different lineup are a lot!!

I think it's soooo wrong they brought in other people to replace Peter and Ace as their stage characters. :tsk: I'll never see them live again, at least not in makeup.

yeah it kinda sucked but musically they got better, Reunion and Psycho Circus tours they were great but by the Farewell tour they got really really bad live...but yeah like I've said I've lost all respect for Gene since the farewell tour

Back
Top Bottom