Kiss - Kissology 1974-1977 DVD Box Set in 31 October - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsglick2424
I actually feel the same way with you guys, but instead with me once I saw the Zoo TV video...That was it...But I stopped listening to Kiss for a while, totally dif. music..Now I listen to both..

Yes, I will have to agree with Gene...But I read many things about Peter sucking so much at drums...The only reason why I think they chose Peter was because his bro was really messed up...I read SOMETHING like that in their bio book..

They all really didn't have talent but over the years they got much better..Their early work was very non-hard..

If Gene wasn't as smart as he was, KISS wouldnt be the band it was..Gene is just a very smart business man and in the merchandise business..
he really started to show problems in the Psycho Circus tour, and yes they blame it on the drugs, by the farewell tour the songs were so fucking slow it was quite pathetic, but at first he was quite good just listen to Alive he was more of a jazz drummer

As for Gene yes he is a smart business man, he always says he is a money whore so at least he is honest

Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #47
Refugee

sorry guys I fucked up just, saw the Carnival of Sins Tour of Motley Crue hey it's been a while since I've listened to Kiss hell I saw Poison two weeks ago, I'll go to any 80's band concert near me I have no shame

Its Carnival Of Souls

Old 09-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #48
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:27 PM
OK...I just found it. It's Carnival of Souls and I think I own it. I listened to a few clips on amazon.com and I recognized a few of the songs.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #49
Refugee

sorry double post
Old 09-21-2006, 12:17 AM   #50
Refugee

Ace is probaly still doing drugs...

You guys HAVE to read Into The Void....
Old 09-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #51
Refugee

I've have read 3 books if I remember correctly, Kiss and Tell, another one written by one of their managers which is quite good because it explains a lot of the business point of view a lot of nasty details also, and the one written by Gene

who wrote Into the Void?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:37 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:27 PM
I also think the best line up was the REVENGE tour one... Bruce IS a great guitar player, Eric SInger is by far THE BEST drummer I've ever seen or heard in my life, Paul had the energy of a 20 year old, and Gene... well... he was just Gene... never a fluke

and sure, drugs, alcohol, is all in the rock bussinnes... and it sucks that they got on that (Peter and Ace), but that doesn't make the rest crap

KISS will go down, wheter you like it or not, as one of the best rock and roll bands ever, that redefined the SHOW concept, and like in all music, people will like it, some won't.

For me, sure, it sounds old, but still, and I truly feell this, at least in PAUL there's still the star child, the rock and roll star. The bussinnes man is Gene, Paul's the fire.

I don't know.. that's my take
Old 09-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #53
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo
I've have read 3 books if I remember correctly, Kiss and Tell, another one written by one of their managers which is quite good because it explains a lot of the business point of view a lot of nasty details also, and the one written by Gene

who wrote Into the Void?
I think Wendy Moore..

It's a story about 2-4 years of dating Ace..I think it was around the 1997-2000...

It gets really detailed..I ordered Kiss and Tell a while ago off Amazon...Hope it will be here soon...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
I also think the best line up was the REVENGE tour one... Bruce IS a great guitar player, Eric SInger is by far THE BEST drummer I've ever seen or heard in my life, Paul had the energy of a 20 year old, and Gene... well... he was just Gene... never a fluke

and sure, drugs, alcohol, is all in the rock bussinnes... and it sucks that they got on that (Peter and Ace), but that doesn't make the rest crap

KISS will go down, wheter you like it or not, as one of the best rock and roll bands ever, that redefined the SHOW concept, and like in all music, people will like it, some won't.

For me, sure, it sounds old, but still, and I truly feell this, at least in PAUL there's still the star child, the rock and roll star. The bussinnes man is Gene, Paul's the fire.

I think if anything, the drugs and alchohal help Ace to stay in the band...

For Peter, he really needed to leave the band...It was like everynight he was trying to jump out of windows and try to cause suicide..

Show wise, I think Ace looks more of the fire to me...Yes I know he hasn't been touring with Kiss for a long time but, having those exact 4 members on stage is just an amazing site...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #55
Refugee

Quote:

I think Wendy Moore..

It's a story about 2-4 years of dating Ace..I think it was around the 1997-2000...

It gets really detailed..I ordered Kiss and Tell a while ago off Amazon...Hope it will be here soon...
I didn't know that that book had been published. When? I thought Ace was trying to stop it. Kiss Behind the Mask is a good book. Have you read that one?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #56
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

yes musically speaking the Revenge lineup was the best, but they had to do the Reunion, they had to cut short the Revenge tour because of poor ticket sales, and God knows Carnival of Souls wasn't going to be a hit

As for they being one of the best rock and roll bands I used to think the same, but there most be like 20 other bands that would beat kiss for that spot IMO although nobody can deny the influence they had on a lot of bands from the eighties and nineties
Old 09-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #57
Refugee

Quote:

I think Wendy Moore..

sorry tpsglick2424 I got confused again, it wasn't Kiss and Tell it was Kiss and Sell by CK Lendt who was one of the business managers for Kiss, still a great read, and Black Diamond by Dale Sherman which is also very entertaining although I've read it has a few errors but nothing to big, I'll look Into The Void it's definetly caught my curiosity, let me know how Kiss and Tell is but I'm pretty sure it's like Kiss and Make Up very biased, or are you buying the Kiss and Tell by Gordon Gebert?

God it's been years since last time I bought something from Kiss I got loads of crap from them
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #58
Refugee

Mofo, I read Kiss and Tell. It WAS very biased but interesting anyway. Lots of Gene loving Gene. Behind the Mask was pretty balanced with comments from all members.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #59
Refugee

yeah I thought so, Behind the Mask, I saw it once but I've passed my Kiss obsession so I didn't buy it, looked good though.

I was checking some reviews from Into the Void, very poor reviews, apparently a lot of shocking statements especially for Paul my guess is him being gay
Old 09-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #60
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I just looked through my Kiss CD collection and I own Carnival of Souls. It must have been so great that it left such a lasting impression on me that I didn't even remember it existed I'm going to have to listen to it today.

As for the books...I'm not sure I'm interested in reading any books by them. They are so full of themselves that I think I would be bored with anything they have to say.