Kiss - Kissology 1974-1977 DVD Box Set in 31 October - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #31
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:08 PM
I lost respect for Gene years ago. I don't think I've seen them since the Reunion tour. Psycho Circus, the album, was so bad it hurt my ears. As much as it was a dream come true for the whole reunion, I always wished they would have kept it as Bruce, Eric S, Paul, and Gene. I loved Revenge and the tour that followed. It's too bad they gave that up to go back to the old. But on the other side of that, it was always my dream of dreams to see the original line up in full makeup. I think I ended up going to about 5-6 reunion shows.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:18 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 09:08 PM
As a person I really have no respect for Gene because he only wants to do this only for the money and he'll make a dollar out of anything on the other side, he's a great business man just trying to make a living...

Yep Paul Lynde special playing those 3 songs!

For them bringing back Kiss with makeup, I have to disagree...The whole point of KISS was the makeup, Kiss will always be well more known for the idea of KISS itself other than the songs...If Peter and Ace don't want to tour with them, fine but don't ruin it for the other fans who like the makeup, etc.

The only reason why Ace didn't wasn't with KISS with them on their tour and Aerosmith's tour was because KISS played before Aerosmith, so Ace was invited to be with KISS he chose not to because of his ego...

After reading Into The Void and the other book about Ace, I have lost all respect for him as a person but he kicks ass on the guitar, and face it hes the best overal instumental person in the band...

Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #33
Refugee

I only thought 2 songs on the Psycho Circus album was good..

I don't think they're will ever ben another Reunion of some sort because there was already one...After seeing Ace playing with the Kiss supergroup band at the Rock Honors thing, it won't happen..Ace will still be friends with them but no reunion soon...
Old 09-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I always wished they would have kept it as Bruce, Eric S, Paul, and Gene. I loved Revenge and the tour that followed. It's too bad they gave that up to go back to the old.
I would rather have them like they are now
Old 09-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #35
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsglick2424
As a person I really have no respect for Gene because he only wants to do this only for the money and he'll make a dollar out of anything on the other side, he's a great business man just trying to make a living...

Yep Paul Lynde special playing those 3 songs!

For them bringing back Kiss with makeup, I have to disagree...The whole point of KISS was the makeup, Kiss will always be well more known for the idea of KISS itself other than the songs...If Peter and Ace don't want to tour with them, fine but don't ruin it for the other fans who like the makeup, etc.

The only reason why Ace didn't wasn't with KISS with them on their tour and Aerosmith's tour was because KISS played before Aerosmith, so Ace was invited to be with KISS he chose not to because of his ego...

After reading Into The Void and the other book about Ace, I have lost all respect for him as a person but he kicks ass on the guitar, and face it hes the best overal instumental person in the band...
I haven't been a Kiss fan in years...U2 sort of took over my life and I lost interest in a band I was obsessed with for at least 15 years. So I don't know story behind Ace or Peter's departure from the band. I still could never bring myself to seeing them live again with makeup if it's two other guys in the band.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Gene is probably the best musician in the band. Ace was very predictable with his solo's. I think there's plenty of songs where Gene's bass stands out way more than Ace. Don't ask me to name songs...I haven't listened to them in years to back that up. I just remember from my past life as a Kiss fan I always thought that.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #36
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsglick2424

I would rather have them like they are now
They don't make new music now, as far as I know. Well other than Psycho Circus and that's been years already. I felt that with Psycho Circus they tried too hard to create something old instead of something new. With Revenge, that was their best album in years and by far my favorite album since the early 80's. That's the only reason I wish they would have kept that line up. I would have liked to see what they could have done next.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #37
Refugee

Quote:

I haven't been a Kiss fan in years...U2 sort of took over my life and I lost interest in a band I was obsessed with for at least 15 years. So I don't know story behind Ace or Peter's departure from the band. I still could never bring myself to seeing them live again with makeup if it's two other guys in the band.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Gene is probably the best musician in the band. Ace was very predictable with his solo's. I think there's plenty of songs where Gene's bass stands out way more than Ace. Don't ask me to name songs...I haven't listened to them in years to back that up. I just remember from my past life as a Kiss fan I always thought that.

that's what happened to me!! I was a huge Kiss fan for years, and after hearing Pop, music was never the same, I've remember hearing U2 since the Joshua Tree, Where the Streets Have No Name video was something else entirely, watching that video as a 7-8 year old was mindblowing seeing the police pulling the plug, it was beyond my comprehension, later with Achtung Baby which my sister bought I remember listening to it a lot, but I was a hair band kid until I was 16.

about Gene being the best musician I really have to disagree I would say he is the most average (I play guitar) yes Ace's solos are nothing extraordinary except for a few but he really had a feeling or vibe to a lot of his solos. Peter was an acomplished musician in the early years.

as for seeing what would've been next after Revenge with that lineup just listen to Carnival Of Sins, there's some really good songs they pushed it up a bit and as it was way heavier than anything on Revenge
Old 09-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #38
Refugee

as for a new record Paul and Gene have said there are no plans for a new record, they think there's no market for a new Kiss album, which they are obviously correct, Psycho Circus got to 5 or something like that in Billboard but by the next week it had dropped a lot

As for the tours I still enjoy seeing them with the new lineup they mixed up the setlist much more than with Pete and Ace
Old 09-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #39
arw
Blue Crack Addict

What is Carnival Of Sins?
Old 09-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #40
Refugee

I actually feel the same way with you guys, but instead with me once I saw the Zoo TV video...That was it...But I stopped listening to Kiss for a while, totally dif. music..Now I listen to both..

Yes, I will have to agree with Gene...But I read many things about Peter sucking so much at drums...The only reason why I think they chose Peter was because his bro was really messed up...I read SOMETHING like that in their bio book..

They all really didn't have talent but over the years they got much better..Their early work was very non-hard..

If Gene wasn't as smart as he was, KISS wouldnt be the band it was..Gene is just a very smart business man and in the merchandise business..
Old 09-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #41
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mofo

that's what happened to me!! I was a huge Kiss fan for years, and after hearing Pop, music was never the same, I've remember hearing U2 since the Joshua Tree, Where the Streets Have No Name video was something else entirely, watching that video as a 7-8 year old was mindblowing seeing the police pulling the plug, it was beyond my comprehension, later with Achtung Baby which my sister bought I remember listening to it a lot, but I was a hair band kid until I was 16.

I hated U2 with everything I had in me during JT and Achtung Baby. It was until Pop, of all things, that I completely gave up on Kiss for U2. I really regret not seeing them with my friends in 1987 But I went to some killer metal shows back then so it's all good
Old 09-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #42
Refugee

Quote:
Carnival of Sins was being recorded when Mtv Unplugged happened, they continued recording but then the Reunion Tour happened and that's when they fired Bruce and Eric and put the album in the vault a couple of years later it was released as Carnival of Sins the final sessions
Old 09-20-2006, 11:54 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
as for a new record Paul and Gene have said there are no plans for a new record, they think there's no market for a new Kiss album, which they are obviously correct, Psycho Circus got to 5 or something like that in Billboard but by the next week it had dropped a lot

As for the tours I still enjoy seeing them with the new lineup they mixed up the setlist much more than with Pete and Ace
I liked that setlist actually..But it is very fun without Ace and Peter but there is nothing like a concert with all of those 4 original members on stage..I just remember seeing Peter like 2 tours ago and he looked like God...

Quote:
Wasn't it Carnival of Souls? It was an album right before Ace left the band but Ace didn't have one part in that album..
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #44
Refugee

Quote:

Carnival of Sins was being recorded when Mtv Unplugged happened, they continued recording but then the Reunion Tour happened and that's when they fired Bruce and Eric and put the album in the vault a couple of years later it was released as Carnival of Sins the final sessions
Never mind I remember...
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #45
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

is it available as a Kiss album or is it a bootleg of some sort? I typed in Carnival of Sins and a Motely Crue dvd came up