Kiss Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Forget the fact that nowadays they print their name on any object in sight and sell it for a hefty fee, and also that their sex-mad bassist is now hosting a piss-poor reality show here in the UK...Fact is, during the 70's and 80's they released some fantastic songs which were loved across the world, classics including 'Love Gun' 'Strutter' 'I Was Made For Lovin You' 'Deuce' 'Reason To Live' 'Beth' and 'Crazy Crazy Nights'. Not so spectacular during the 90's, but the title track from Psycho Circus was an excellent return to form imo.

Then just a couple of years ago the band reformed (minus Ace) and performed with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, which turned out to be an excellent move, and one which i'm sure got Gene drooling at the mouth at the prospect of the cd and dvd sales!

So anyway, appreciate if u want, and remember - rock n roll all nite and party ev-ery day!:rockon:

This is me as "Geena Simmons" for Halloween in 2000:

7891737_e5506aabc3.jpg

:macdevil:

MsMofoGone said:
:hmm:

I'll agree with the song "Beth" as that has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine ...
but that's as far as I will appreciate this band.

Alt.Lyrics....

"MsMofo I hear u callin...but I can't come home right now. Me and the boys are playing, and we just can't find the sound. Just a few more hours and i'll be right home to you, I think I hear them calling.....oh MsMofo what can I do. MsMofo what can I do?":wink:

That's good to hear !! :up:

Trust me, when I say that it was the stupidest movie they ever did. :nerd:

The only good thing about it was they performed the song "Beth" ... :applaud:

I agree !! :up:

And Peter was the one who sang it in their ridiculous movie.

Actually, the one thing I definitely understood about Kiss was why they wore makeup ...
I won't talk about when they "unmasked" themselves ... :eek:
That was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made !! :ohmy:

MsMofoGone said:
Actually, the one thing I definitely understood about Kiss was why they wore makeup ...
I won't talk about when they "unmasked" themselves ... :eek:
That was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made !! :ohmy:

HA! I've never been much of a fan but I rememeber watching one of those "rockumentaries" in which they were discussing it. Then they showed the first video they did without it (some shite called "Lick it Up" I think) and, uh, yeah, you could why they should'a kept wearing it!

karls77 said:
(some shite called "Lick it Up" I think)

:shocked: :rant:

LICK IT UP

Don’t wanna wait ’til you know me better
Let’s just be glad for the time together
Life’s such a treat and it’s time you taste it
There ain’t a reason on earth to waste it
It ain’t a crime to be good to yourself!

Chorus:
Lick it up, lick it up, it’s only right now
Lick it up, lick it up, ooh yeah
Lick it up, lick it up, come on, come on
Lick it up, lick it up

Don’t need to wait for an invitation
You gotta live like you’re on vacation
There’s something sweet you can’t buy with money - lick it up, lick it up
It’s all you need, so believe me honey
It ain’t a crime to be good to yourelf!

Chorus
Lick it up, lick it up, it’s only right now
Lick it up, lick it up, ooh yeah
Lick it up, lick it up, come on, come on
Lick it up, lick it up

Come on - it’s only right now (it’s only right now)
Ooh yeah (ooh yeah) ooh yeah (ooh yeah), yeah yeah

Lick that up Karls!:tongue:

MsMofoGone said:
:lmao: :lmao:

Have you ever seen the movie Kiss did back in the 80's called
"Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park" ??
Actually I think that was the 70's (I'd guess around 78). Remember watching it on TV when it was originally broadcast.

That aside, Kiss has always been a good band to see live (although last time I saw them with Tommy Thayer in the Ace makeup may end up being the last time as a result).

Some great tunes, especially the first 6 albums...Detroit Rock City is an all time rock anthem.

At their height, the stage show was a spectacle that was unrivaled.

Hewson said:
Actually I think that was the 70's (I'd guess around 78). Remember watching it on TV when it was originally broadcast.

Yeah, you're right ... it was 1978 when this movie first aired.
And to top it off ... now it's been released on DVD as of October 25th.
So, what did you think of this movie ??

The movie was laughable, but at the time as a kid I tought it was cool to see Kiss on TV. Wondered why Ace never talked (as I recall he just kind of squawked like a bird), but later found out that he was a bit too hammered to be remembering lines.

Hewson said:
The movie was laughable, but at the time as a kid I tought it was cool to see Kiss on TV.

Yeah, it was cool to watch them make complete idiots of themselves !! :lol:

Originally posted by Hewson
Wondered why Ace never talked (as I recall he just kind of squawked like a bird), but later found out that he was a bit too hammered to be remembering lines.

Although, he did remain more quieter than the rest of the band with talking ... Ace actually had several lines in the movie ...

He mentioned "insufficient data at the moment " when the Star Child (Paul Stanley) asked him what did he compute??

Ace also says to the girl Melissa "Beethoven's Fifth" then laughs after she asked what was that humming sound that was coming from their Talisman.

He also said "So much for my solo" when the rest of the band were telling him to get them out of here (referring to the House Of Horrors where those wax figures came to life and attacked Kiss)

Just some of his lines I can remember offhand although, I still think this was one movie they could have done withOUT making !!

:tsk:

KISS RULES!!

the true masters of glam rock and the only ones that played REAL rock and roll

for starters, buy Greatest Kiss, Alive!, Alive II and Alive III... and for a DVD, the Syhpmony one is amazing... Paul flying :drool:

KISS supposedly stands for 'Knights In Satanic Service'
I read that meaning so-ooo long go after they first formed as a band ... although, I never took it seriously because I never really liked this band anyway ... :tsk:

(Only one of their songs really got to me and that was the song Beth ... a truly beautiful little ballad.) :applaud:

MsMofoGone said:
KISS supposedly stands for 'Knights In Satanic Service'
I read that meaning so-ooo long go after they first formed as a band ...
That was just a rumor, not remotely true.
They took the name Kiss cause (paraphrasing Paul Stanley) They wanted something short, easy to remember that everyone would recognize and relate to, and record companies wouldn't let them use the name "Fuck".

MsMofoGone said:

Yeah, it was cool to watch them make complete idiots of themselves !! :lol:

Although, he did remain more quieter than the rest of the band with talking ... Ace actually had several lines in the movie ...

He mentioned "insufficient data at the moment " when the Star Child (Paul Stanley) asked him what did he compute??

Ace also says to the girl Melissa "Beethoven's Fifth" then laughs after she asked what was that humming sound that was coming from their Talisman.

He also said "So much for my solo" when the rest of the band were telling him to get them out of here (referring to the House Of Horrors where those wax figures came to life and attacked Kiss)

Just some of his lines I can remember offhand although, I still think this was one movie they could have done withOUT making !!

:tsk:
Been so long since I saw it, literally I think the only time was in 1978. Didn't they also dub Peter's lines over with someone elses voice or something.

Hewson said:
Been so long since I saw it, literally I think the only time was in 1978. Didn't they also dub Peter's lines over with someone elses voice or something.

Absolutely right !! :up:

Although, it was only his "speaking" voice that was "altered" because he was recovering from a throat infection and was under doctor's orders to remain silent.

Those were indeed Peter's vocals on the performance of "Beth" but it was a previous recording since he was in no condition to sing it LIVE !! :sad:

I wanna rock and roll all night
And party everyday

I love KISS. I saw them in78. I was only 12. I went with 2 of my cousins and an uncle, the family felt we were too young to go alone. It would have been ok if it was a cool uncle. But, he was old and he fell asleep at the concert. Bless his heart for taking us anyway!!

Seems like it would be a tough show to fall asleep at, no matter how much you weren't into it...very loud and explosive...Uncle Buck must've been really pooped.

Back
Top Bottom