Kiritimati, Kiribati - Christmas Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's the problem. There are no regulars there, lately there are only newbies who post the same in a gazillion of new or random threads.

Well, that's what I mean. Those n00bs have become the WTAHAN regulars because Interference's more sensible and informed posters have mostly fled the subforum en masse. I know I can't be arsed hanging around there, if the only comeback to any vaguely negative opinion is essentially "hurrrr u r a hat0r".

Lol, you're right. Well I go there for laughs only, I'm not taking anything serious there.

And really, I can WAIT until we get the fucking album. I don't need to hear beach clips and all that shit they all draw conclusions out.

What bugs me is that this n00by over-enthusiasm and hyper-defensiveness has driven away people with real information and valuable input. In the absence of anything of substance, the place just ends up getting Kunstmuseumed with false alarms time and time again. Personally, I wouldn't really think to post any U2 info I receive on WTAHAN any more. U2gigs and here, yes. There, no.

My expectations for the new album are at an all-time low after the leak of the Q magazine information. I don't really care about it now.

Yea I wouldn't want to put my news there either! I feel sorry for the poor fellas who believe everything people write down there.

God I love making fun of Bono. Photoshop thread for the win!

Nice to see we aren't the only arseholes Kunstmuseuming Interference. :laugh:

Anyway, I have to be up at 6:30am, so I think I'll turn in for the night ... :wave:

I think it's sad that they keep falling for shit like that. :wink: You'd think they'd learn...

:sad:

Ah well, I'll be out soon buying drawers for under my desk. That way I can finally get rid of all the shit on my floor.

:wave: G'nite!

I think it's sad that they keep falling for shit like that. :wink: You'd think they'd learn...

:sad:

Ah well, I'll be out soon buying drawers for under my desk. That way I can finally get rid of all the shit on my floor.

:wave: G'nite!

*imagines a desk that needs underwear cause it keeps excreting writing utensils onto the floor*

Of course, nothing's happening around here. Well, I'm off to catch up with a friend who's mad enough to think an early breakfast is a good idea. :wave:

friends who think that early breakfasts are a good idea, may need their friendships reevaluated :tsk:

I read the article in Q magazine, the synopsis of the new album, and I actually feel sort of optimistic about it. I trust Eno's opinion better than Edge or Bono's, and if he says it's good, then maybe it will be. Who knows?

Holy crap, I said something good about the new album.

I'd better redeem myself.

Uhh...Bono still looks like a tool in eyeliner.

I read the article in Q magazine, the synopsis of the new album, and I actually feel sort of optimistic about it. I trust Eno's opinion better than Edge or Bono's, and if he says it's good, then maybe it will be. Who knows?

I don't know if I can be bothered with reading all the buildup. I'll know if I like it when I hear it, and I don't need to read the articles for the sake of fapping, or even worse, for the sake of bitching.

That said, I'm quietly optimistic.

I'm tiding myself over with Bruce Springsteen leaks, and the album that IS coming out by him next month.

As long as I can keep myself occupied, I'll not overhype the new album and will have a chance to enjoy it.

I'm not getting my hopes up either, but something about reading the descriptions of the songs made me go "Hmm. May not suck after all." :hmm:

friends who think that early breakfasts are a good idea, may need their friendships reevaluated :tsk:

The funny part was that Sam and Tom were more tired than me. But we had to do an early breakfaast or else we wouldn't have seen each other at all. They have plans for this afternoon and they would've invited me to that, except for the fact that they're going to the beach. I don't fancy going home with a nasty case of sunburn, you know?

After Eno thought Stuck In A Moment would be U2's biggest single, I can't say I trust him either. And the desperate attempts by everyone to talk up the album are terrible; it's as if they need to persuade us and themselves that it's going to be brilliant because it can't stand on its own merits.

Did you read some of the lyrical samples? Those are ... horrid.

After Eno thought Stuck In A Moment would be U2's biggest single, I can't say I trust him either. And the desperate attempts by everyone to talk up the album are terrible; it's as if they need to persuade us and themselves that it's going to be brilliant because it can't stand on its own merits.

Did you read some of the lyrical samples? Those are ... horrid.

Yeah. And a seven-minute song isn't exactly comforting. It's more the ones that don't have a comment from a band member that have me interested, Like "Winter" and "Every Breaking Wave." So sue me, they've caught my attention.

Yeah. And a seven-minute song isn't exactly comforting. It's more the ones that don't have a comment from a band member that have me interested, Like "Winter" and "Every Breaking Wave." So sue me, they've caught my attention.

A seven minute song at least shows they aren't trying to write a bazillion 3 minute "perfect pop songs".

And I keep mentally associating Every Breaking Wave with Every Breath You Take.

A seven minute song at least shows they aren't trying to write a bazillion 3 minute "perfect pop songs".

And I keep mentally associating Every Breaking Wave with Every Breath You Take.

Fair point.

And Ewwww. I hate The Police. Can't stand Sting's voice.

Fair point.

And Ewwww. I hate The Police. Can't stand Sting's voice.

I'll be pleased as long as the album doesn't sound like a rehash of the last two. Even if it sucks, at least it'll show the band are TRYING to do something new.

$ting at least pwns Chris Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom