Kiritimati, Kiribati - Christmas Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel, for the gabillityith time, I don't dislike that episode :p. I dislike that we don't know the real reason casey shot house, and I dislike to an even greater extent people who say that we do know: casey's wife.

As for the review, I tried to read it, but I'm falling asleep, and there was too much plot synopsis.

Side note, mel, have you seen the show Superjail and what do you think about it? And also, how great is it that AS is getting king of the hill

It's not the review I wanted you to read, it's the different interpretations of the plot found in the comments that may help answer some of your questions. :tsk:

Haven't seen Superjail, but I read a few reviews. Looks a bit better than the traditional AS fodder, at least animation-wise. And it's awesome that they're getting King Of The Hill; it'll provide necessary depth and variety, of which they currently have none.

Wish it was that easy. He thinks their titles are "so pretentious it makes me sick, like their faggy music in general, and their douchelike tendencies to steal goodness, through Phil Ek, and make something that sounds like the shitty parts of everything good."

He's hopeless.

I'm honestly not entirely able to grasp HOW their songs have stupidly pretentious titles. Stuff like Pavement or Radiohead song titles are far worse.

The rest of that is just ad hominem bullshit from somebody who sounds jealous.

Does he know what's popular here in the US?

That was my comeback. He ignored it. Anyway, I think it all stems from him being pissed off at loving all my new guitar lines to all our brand new songs... and then I made the mistake of telling him they're all inspired by his least favourite band.

Does he know what's popular here in the US?

I may be a critic of modern U2, but come on - U2's lead single will go number one or at least top five through almost all of Europe, while in the US, they are unlikely to even crack the top twenty, due to how fucked American radio and charts are.

I'm honestly not entirely able to grasp HOW their songs have stupidly pretentious titles. Stuff like Pavement or Radiohead song titles are far worse.

The rest of that is just ad hominem bullshit from somebody who sounds jealous.

Exactly. In fact, he said he was jealous. Then again, this is a circling debate that he's had with the producer of OUR album lately (who was recently invited to be Fleet Foxes sound-guy on tour, but had to decline because he's already in the throes of recording 4 other bands besides us), who Paul respects immensely. Paul, however, loves The National and Bon Iver, who to me are on the same musical plane as Fleet Foxes, only a little less interesting.

It's not the review I wanted you to read, it's the different interpretations of the plot found in the comments that may help answer some of your questions. :tsk:

Haven't seen Superjail, but I read a few reviews. Looks a bit better than the traditional AS fodder, at least animation-wise. And it's awesome that they're getting King Of The Hill; it'll provide necessary depth and variety, of which they currently have none.

:doh: ohhhh lol. Well, I read a lot of different interpretations after I first saw the episode, just never found one I liked lol

I saw superjail for the first time last night, and immediately thought of you for some reason, then dr. Suess. It's a strange show. Just saw my second episode...still strange.

Now that AS has king of the hill, I gotta wonder how long til the simpsons

Exactly. In fact, he said he was jealous. Then again, this is a circling debate that he's had with the producer of OUR album lately (who was recently invited to be Fleet Foxes sound-guy on tour, but had to decline because he's already in the throes of recording 4 other bands besides us), who Paul respects immensely. Paul, however, loves The National and Bon Iver, who to me are on the same musical plane as Fleet Foxes, only a little less interesting.

I think he clearly just has some unresolved issues that he needs to get over. God, the way you talk about it, it sounds as if his girlfriend left him to fuck Fleet Foxes!

And when is this album of yours happening anyway? You're sticking in the band?

I think he clearly just has some unresolved issues that he needs to get over. God, the way you talk about it, it sounds as if his girlfriend left him to fuck Fleet Foxes!

And when is this album of yours happening anyway? You're sticking in the band?

For now, simply because my ultimatum was to find a drummer or I was leaving. Voila!, the bass player switched permanently to drums. Now we need a bassist, but as we've got keys which play low-end stuff, a bassist isn't something we need right away. It's being turned into an EP, and should be mixed and mastered in two weeks from now. We snipped it from 8 songs to 5, because we simply don't like 3 of the songs. I'll probably give away those for free when they get mixed and mastered.

:doh: ohhhh lol. Well, I read a lot of different interpretations after I first saw the episode, just never found one I liked lol

I saw superjail for the first time last night, and immediately thought of you for some reason, then dr. Suess. It's a strange show. Just saw my second episode...still strange.

Now that AS has king of the hill, I gotta wonder how long til the simpsons

I'd make one up off the top of my head right now, but I need to get to bed. It would revolve around the psychosexual Freudian bullshit that's going on between House and Cameron the entire episode anyway. I couldn't care less about Casey, who's just used as a puppet for House's subconscious, like every other character in that episode.

So, basically, you think I'm going to spend my life designing surreally-constructed prison buildings? Eh, at least that would pay well.

It's going to be a long time until they get the Simpsons, I'd think. Probably not until the show gets canceled, and the earth may not even be in one piece by then.

And to think, throughout all of this, I almost became a severe hater myself simply because I didn't give it a chance because of all of this angry shit I'd heard about this band.

Ragged Wood has grown on me a lot. It's right up there with Blue Ridge Mountains and Your Protector now IMO.

I've always rooted for certain underdogs in every album. For Fleet Foxes, those underdogs are Heard Them Stirring and Quiet Houses.

See you later, Traviud. :wave:

For now, simply because my ultimatum was to find a drummer or I was leaving. Voila!, the bass player switched permanently to drums. Now we need a bassist, but as we've got keys which play low-end stuff, a bassist isn't something we need right away. It's being turned into an EP, and should be mixed and mastered in two weeks from now. We snipped it from 8 songs to 5, because we simply don't like 3 of the songs. I'll probably give away those for free when they get mixed and mastered.

Ah, glad to hear you guys have at least made some progress on this thing. I'll have to get a copy of the EP. Quality over quantity seems like a sensible move, especially given the circumstances.

And to think, throughout all of this, I almost became a severe hater myself simply because I didn't give it a chance because of all of this angry shit I'd heard about this band.

And I nearly hated it just because almost all the other bullshit indie wankers wank over sucks, and it was spoken about in the same breath as that insufferable shit.

See you later, piker. :wave:

Ah, glad to hear you guys have at least made some progress on this thing. I'll have to get a copy of the EP. Quality over quantity seems like a sensible move, especially given the circumstances.

There's no real problem with the quality... it's just that 3 of the songs are really depressing, I guess, while the other are a little more... catchy? So the 3 fit together, and the 5 fit together, but all 8 do not. Personally, I'm a little angry one of the 3 got cut because the song fucking kills, but ultimately I didn't pay a cent for it, so I feel I don't have a right to say what makes it or doesn't make it. Thankfully, though, we're getting those 3 mixed and mastered too, so I can give them out for free. :up:

Anyway, I'm actually leaving now.

There's no real problem with the quality... it's just that 3 of the songs are really depressing, I guess, while the other are a little more... catchy? So the 3 fit together, and the 5 fit together, but all 8 do not. Personally, I'm a little angry one of the 3 got cut because the song fucking kills, but ultimately I didn't pay a cent for it, so I feel I don't have a right to say what makes it or doesn't make it. Thankfully, though, we're getting those 3 mixed and mastered too, so I can give them out for free. :up:

Anyway, I'm actually leaving now.

Oooh, right. Couldn't you just cast an album as being in two parts, to make the disconnect make sense? Ah well, glad you're still able to give them out.

G'night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom