Kiritimati, Kiribati - Christmas Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it was there but was not expecting it to be the great beat the game here's your bonus song. I think the only reason it was is that it was the only song in the game long enough to run the credits over.

Mom tried so hard to sing it, bless her heart lol

I also imagine it can't be the easiest song to play!

I couldn't stop laughing at how relatively easy the drum part was, and mom asked why when were done and I go, "well for starters, I've got two cymbals, a snare, a bass drum, and two misc. Drums. The drummer in this band has like 16 cybals alone, isuffice it to say I was not playing anything remotely close to the real drum part" :lol:

I couldn't stop laughing at how relatively easy the drum part was, and mom asked why when were done and I go, "well for starters, I've got two cymbals, a snare, a bass drum, and two misc. Drums. The drummer in this band has like 16 cybals alone, isuffice it to say I was not playing anything remotely close to the real drum part" :lol:

Hahaha. I'd love it if they had The Dance Of Eternity. Portnoy varies between 16 time signatures 93 times in six and a half minutes, or something like that. Madness.

It would take all of my non-existant social life in order to play through that... On beginner

I intend to sell off my copy of GH3 and upgrade to World Tour as soon as possible. I'm getting pretty damn good at that game (I think I have a 5 star rating on nearly half the songs on expert), but it's time to move on.

World tour is great mel. I'm getting pretty good at the drums. Almost ready to fulltime upgrade to hard, but not quite. I was quite impressed with myself earlier when I got through dammit by blink 182 on hard :nerd::lol:

Also, I downloaded the killers tracks today. Losing touch :drool:

World tour is great mel. I'm getting pretty good at the drums. Almost ready to fulltime upgrade to hard, but not quite. I was quite impressed with myself earlier when I got through dammit by blink 182 on hard :nerd::lol:

Also, I downloaded the killers tracks today. Losing touch :drool:

I'm having quite a difficult time choosing between GH:WT and Rock Band II, which is set to come out for the Wii shortly. I'll probably stick with the GH series because of the quality of the controllers themselves.

Also, we've only gone through 2.16 threads in a week? That's terrible. The holidays are rough in more ways than one.

I'm having quite a difficult time choosing between GH:WT and Rock Band II, which is set to come out for the Wii shortly. I'll probably stick with the GH series because of the quality of the controllers themselves.

Exactly. Only because 'm a completist am I even comsidering rock band now. The GHWT drums are sooooo much better, and the guitar was already better

Also, we've only gone through 2.16 threads in a week? That's terrible. The holidays are rough in more ways than one.

It's been fucking crawling. I'm starting to suspect there is a curse that the Superthread will be agonisingly slow when I am in Queensland, as Jamaica Plain took place while I was in this godawful state too.

Seems both the Bar and Loserthread have been moving even more agonisingly slowly and the whole of OOC is struggling for life.

Note to Axver: as much as I've endlessly mocked your DI lists at times, "Friends Are Evil" by Jesu is a good song. I've been listening to that kind of droney, shoegazey kind of stuff tonight. I'm really starting to dig that band.

It's been fucking crawling. I'm starting to suspect there is a curse that the Superthread will be agonisingly slow when I am in Queensland, as Jamaica Plain took place while I was in this godawful state too.

Seems both the Bar and Loserthread have been moving even more agonisingly slowly and the whole of OOC is struggling for life.

Everyone is too busy talking about Bono's eyeliner to discuss their own lives.

Note to Axver: as much as I've endlessly mocked your DI lists at times, "Friends Are Evil" by Jesu is a good song. I've been listening to that kind of droney, shoegazey kind of stuff tonight. I'm really starting to dig that band.

Huh, cool. I'm going to upload my Santa Has Failed thing as a post-Christmas kind of listening party once I get back to Melbourne on Sunday, and that opens with another Jesu track, Your Path To Divinity.

The debut album is more drone doom than shoegaze, but the later stuff is tending more to drone shoegaze. I quite recommend the song Star from the Silver EP. How much have you heard?

Everyone is too busy talking about Bono's eyeliner to discuss their own lives.

Bono's next side project: a charity single for eyeliner company employees ruined by the recession with My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco.

Huh, cool. I'm going to upload my Santa Has Failed thing as a post-Christmas kind of listening party once I get back to Melbourne on Sunday, and that opens with another Jesu track, Your Path To Divinity.

The debut album is more drone doom than shoegaze, but the later stuff is tending more to drone shoegaze. I quite recommend the song Star from the Silver EP. How much have you heard?

Well, so much for you attempting to make any connections to Christmas with that list. :lol: I was kind of hoping you would. Anyway, listening to that particular song now, I can definitely tell their earlier work is way heavier than something like, say, Old Year. I just love the guitar sound they have, and vocals are limited.

Well, so much for you attempting to make any connections to Christmas with that list. :lol: I was kind of hoping you would. Anyway, listening to that particular song now, I can definitely tell their earlier work is way heavier than something like, say, Old Year. I just love the guitar sound they have, and vocals are limited.

Oh, it has some tenuous connections. Like Your Path To Divinity - come on, it sounds like it could be the title of a New Age song about some mystical reinterpretaytion of Jesus's birth. And then there is a song called The Trees, and you have Christmas trees! ... OK, to call it "tenuous" is being polite. At least it ends with a song called Ornaments Of Gold.

And a listening party can only lead to lulz.

Oh, it has some tenuous connections. Like Your Path To Divinity - come on, it sounds like it could be the title of a New Age song about some mystical reinterpretaytion of Jesus's birth. And then there is a song called The Trees, and you have Christmas trees! ... OK, to call it "tenuous" is being polite. At least it ends with a song called Ornaments Of Gold.

And a listening party can only lead to lulz.

Ha. That's pretty clever. You should have done that for every single track; found titles that sounded Christmas-related and passed it off to the very lucky man you were assigned as something that it wasn't.

Ha. That's pretty clever. You should have done that for every single track; found titles that sounded Christmas-related and passed it off to the very lucky man you were assigned as something that it wasn't.

I would have done that if I'd had to make you a list. :tongue:

The recession hit them so hard they had to drop the !, they're just panic at the disco now :(

WHAT! All! of our jokes are! now totally ruined! This! is so unfair! I! am going to go! cut and weep!

The recession hit them so hard they had to drop the !, they're just panic at the disco now :(

No band with an exclamation point in their name shall ever be forgiven of their transgressions.

But the cup of wrath will first be poured upon anyone who spells out Achtung Baby like "Achtung, Baby!!!!!!!1111111".

No band with an exclamation point in their name shall ever be forgiven of their transgressions.

But the cup of wrath will first be poured upon anyone who spells out Achtung Baby like "Achtung, Baby!!!!!!!1111111".

How about those people who talk about songs called "even BETTER than THE REAL THING"? I hope your cup of wrath is also swiftly poured upon those heinous transgressors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom