Kings of Leon are Class!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Kings of Leon have got to be the best band of 2007. Their album Because of the times is full of brillant catchy rock songs like on call, charmer, fans, ragoo and true love way this along with some classic KOL tracks like the bucket, molly chambers and california waiting makes these southern americans pure class!

They are now selling out 12,000 seater arenas all over the UK and i have watched them 3 times this year and think they are brilliant!

I really hope U2 book KOL again as their support for the next tour or will KOL be too big for that slot again?

KOL was so universally hated when they opened for U2 (unfairly, in my opinion) that they'll never open for U2 again.

Because Of the Times is a good album. I've enjoyed it a great deal this year, but in the end it didn't make my top ten. That said, I do really like them and am always looking forward to seeing what they'll do next.

It's strange that they're so wildly popular in the UK but don't get much attention over here.

They have grown so much live in the past few years. They weren't all that great when they opened for U2, but they were much, much better when they opened for Dylan. They were amazingly awesome when they headlined this spring. :up:

I don't get why everyone hated them so much when they opened for U2. Everything I read was negative. It's too bad, I think they're fantastic. I wish I got them opening for U2 instead of Damian Marley.

But then again, the majority of the people on this board who only adhere to U2 and don't visit B&C probably have really shitty taste in music anyway.

inmyplace13 said:
I don't get why everyone hated them so much when they opened for U2. Everything I read was negative. It's too bad, I think they're fantastic. I wish I got them opening for U2 instead of Damian Marley.

But then again, the majority of the people on this board who only adhere to U2 and don't visit B&C probably have really shitty taste in music anyway.

The majority of people in general have shitty taste in music, but yes.

I'll bet they hated PJ Harvey too when she opened. She may not have been an arena rocker either, but she went at the crowd with a vengeance. Woman is a very powerful stage presence.

Damian Marley's band stayed at the same hotel I did in Philly. I rode the elevator with flag man the next morning :lol:

I think part of the problem with KOL is that the sound was dialed in to make U2 sound best, and they've got such a different sound that of course they weren't going to sound as good. I've been a fan of KOL since their EP, and it's amazed me how much they've matured with each album. Because Of the Times would rank probably 11th or 12th for me for 2007.

I didn't like KOL, I didn't feel they were an arena band when they opened for U2. I went to 3 shows where KOL opened for U2 last tour and after the 1st show waited until just before U2 hit the stage before taking my seats. They were loud and obnoxious. I haven't bothered to follow along to see if they improved at all. We are each entitled to our own opinions. I don't understand U2's choice of KOL as opening band.

Well the band members are sons and nephews of a minister, if I'm not mistaken, so they were probably intrigued by that history.

They weren't bad, I just found them a bit generic. But they have certainly made some strides in the intervening years, and BOTT also just missed my top 10.

i've seen them twice this year and they are fantastic, heaven knows why america hasn't taken to them yet. i saw them on their arena tour on monday but preferred the smaller venue i saw them at earlier in the year.

they'd be more suited to open for U2 now than they were then

KOL are amazing. Loved them when they opened for U2 (I was definitely in the minority then). They were great opening for Dylan. And now Because of the Times is the best record of 2007.

It shocks me that they are so popular in the UK and really aren't so big in America. Figures I guess. American music culture isn't exactly the brightest.

Arizona, the last track from Because of the Times, is absolutely fuckin brilliant

U2One said:
KOL are amazing. Loved them when they opened for U2 (I was definitely in the minority then). They were great opening for Dylan. And now Because of the Times is the best record of 2007.

It shocks me that they are so popular in the UK and really aren't so big in America. Figures I guess. American music culture isn't exactly the brightest.

Arizona, the last track from Because of the Times, is absolutely fuckin brilliant

Totally agree with your comments on KOL because of the times is the best album of 2007 amd also agree with your comments about americans music taste i can't beleive how bad it is! they have a top quality american act who just get better and better and just don't take to them! they are huge here in UK because we understand quality music here!

Back
Top Bottom