Kings Of Leon 2 Brits nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Kngs of Leon have been nominated for 'best International group' and 'best international album' at this years brits!

Well deversed guys lets hope you win it!

I saw KOL open for U2 and they were loud and they scared me.

I like U2 more.

I listened to Because Of The Times for the first time today. It's very good and they deserved the nomination.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
saw way too much of KOL opening for U2.. and...

major :yuck: for me...

Have you listened to their albums? I saw them with U2 and thought they sucked too. :shrug: The albums are much better.

They played way too loud and had too many guitars when I saw them; I didn't know what to think quite honestly :sad:

well 15,000 arenas aold out all over UK for them they are becomming extremely popular here in UK

U2Fanatic4ever said:

albums don't necessarily always do it for me.. it's seeing them LIVE is what counts..

Most of my friends who saw KOL open up for them thought they sucked big time, said stuff like worst band ever and stuff.

I personally enjoyed them quite a bit, but I don't think I'll ever buy one of their albums.

Count me in the group who likes them on album but found them a bit ear-piercing live. Although I found when I was in GA, they weren't as painful as when I had an actual seat. Weird.

I didn't much care for their latest album.

they are a rock n roll band however in the truest sense of the phrase. anyone expecting "where the streets have no name" shenanigans from them will be largely disappointed.

their sound isn't really suited to arena's and that's why i think they didn't exactly go down a storm during the supporting U2 slots. i saw them this year at 2000 capacity venue and i got right to the front. it was loud, dirty, sweaty and brilliant. best gig ive been to :rockon:

Canadiens1160 said:
They played way too loud and had too many guitars when I saw them; I didn't know what to think quite honestly :sad:

Too loud and too many guitars?

That's like complainig "The party had too much good beer, and too many hot, naked, loose chicks."

How old is your soul?

There's a good kind of too loud, and there's the kind of too loud that makes your ears bleed.

What's that?

Speak up, sonny. My hearing has never been the same since I saw that rock and/or roll band, Kings of Leon.

Dalton said:
The Vertigo tour must have been really tough for you, seeing that you spent the whole time on Bono's chest and he spent his time listening to KOL.

I mean you really ARE on Bono's chest right?

:yes:

i moved to bono's chest after the vertigo tour... I have a permanent spot there.. it's pretty comfy...:D

Dalton said:

Sounds like it. Someone was living on Jessica Alba's ass already, so I had to find a place in reality.

as a desert warrior i take it..

i can live whereever the hec i want to.. no need to criticize my choice of locations..

Back
Top Bottom