King RANDOOOOOOM the III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they've got that overly melancholy-ness to them anyway, and if you've associated them with something...then i can see where :sad: comes from.

the only reason i've seen the video for WTFK (hahaha, wtf k) is cos my brother has the best of DVD. which he neve watches...which i bought for him last christmas cos i thought he'd like it...idiot also didn't want to see REM...why? he doesn't like going to concerts. that's what he said! :crazy: :coocoo:

Schmeg said:
Verdict: I like Lotus. :up:

lotus is pretty rad. i like Up on the whole a lot better than most people seem to...

i still don't like reveal. but i can't seem to part with it. i even ripped the thing to my computer. i've made countless efforts to get into it, i just do not like that record.

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT FOLLOWED ME HOME THE OTHER DAY...

:dance:

now THAT was a cool video :yes:

ok, i've officially got until october 29th to accumulate the rest of REM's cataloge, and make sure i know everything from the ones i do own (cos i sure as hell don't listen to them enough).

i like being surprised by a setlist, but not to the extent that i've got no idea what they're playing. must minimize the chances of that happening.

IWasBored said:
they've got that overly melancholy-ness to them anyway, and if you've associated them with something...then i can see where :sad: comes from.

the only reason i've seen the video for WTFK (hahaha, wtf k) is cos my brother has the best of DVD. which he neve watches...which i bought for him last christmas cos i thought he'd like it...idiot also didn't want to see REM...why? he doesn't like going to concerts. that's what he said! :crazy: :coocoo:
:lol: I read that as WTF K too!

You must regift that DVD to yourself! He doesn't like going to converts?! BLASPHEMY!!

IWasBored said:

lotus is pretty rad. i like Up on the whole a lot better than most people seem to...

i still don't like reveal. but i can't seem to part with it. i even ripped the thing to my computer. i've made countless efforts to get into it, i just do not like that record.
I like it, it's overproduced and everything but I like enough of the songs that I can say I like the album.

Schmeg said:

:lol: I read that as WTF K too!

You must regift that DVD to yourself! He doesn't like going to converts?! BLASPHEMY!!

i need to swipe that DVD, i really do...

yeah, he said he hates going to concerts, and wouldn't elaborate on it. i don't get it. he's been to a total of 2 non-local band shows. those were two of the best touring bands around (BNL and DKM) headlining each of those shows.

i've concluded that i cannot be related to this kid.

well...you did see the stuff i downloaded for his mix...that should send off all sorts of flags and bells about there being something strange...

IWasBored said:
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT FOLLOWED ME HOME THE OTHER DAY...

now THAT was a cool video :yes:

ok, i've officially got until october 29th to accumulate the rest of REM's cataloge, and make sure i know everything from the ones i do own (cos i sure as hell don't listen to them enough).

i like being surprised by a setlist, but not to the extent that i've got no idea what they're playing. must minimize the chances of that happening.
Hey, anything to do with a PSA is good! :wink:

What do you need? I have a substantial collection and I want to add Dead Letters Office (I believe that's the correct title) tomorrow. They're going into heavy rotation here very soon, even though it's an REM day once a week, typically. I just have to memorize more than Green, Automatic for the People, and New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

Schmeg said:

I like it, it's overproduced and everything but I like enough of the songs that I can say I like the album.

:yes:

it's the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine! :D ok, i swear this song was a lot faster the last time i heard it. i can clearly understand EVERY word. i haven't heard it probably in about a year, though. and i've listened to a lot faster songs since then...so i guess...yeah....

:shifty:

I just had some serious deja-vu about discussing Reveal. Have we done this before? :coocoo:

Edit: ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF) is one of the songs I want to know every word to eventually...by October 29 would be nice. I can get to pretty much "No fear, cavalier" before I start mumbling.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

Hey, anything to do with a PSA is good! :wink:

What do you need? I have a substantial collection and I want to add Dead Letters Office (I believe that's the correct title) tomorrow. They're going into heavy rotation here very soon, even though it's an REM day once a week, typically. I just have to memorize more than Green, Automatic for the People, and New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

i actually don't know what i don't have.

i know i've got:

CD:
green
reveal
(possible theft of 'life's rich pagent' from my brother...assuming he hasn't scratched it to death, cos he does listen to it a lot. or used to anyway. that's one good album.)

tapes:
monster
automatic for the people
murmer (my absolute favorite, without a doubt)
out of time
up

then i've got a couple random songs running around on my computer...

Schmeg said:
I just had some serious deja-vu about discussing Reveal. Have we done this before? :coocoo:

Edit: ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF) is one of the songs I want to know every word to eventually...by October 29 would be nice. I can get to pretty much "No fear, cavalier" before I start mumbling.

i think we've discussed reveal before. i can't remember. i've discussed with mofo, and if i discussed with mofo, i probably discussed with everyone else i speak to online...

there's a scary noise in the hallway...sounds like someone's dribbing a basketball...my neighbors were skateboarding in the hall earlier, so i wouldn't be surprised. i mean, the RAs don't post those 'NO SPORTS IN THE HALLWAY' signs for a reason or anything...

ITEOTWAWKI(AIFF) is almost a better acronym than HMTMKMKM :laugh: i've had all the words down for years, probably since i decided i didn't hate REM, cos that was the song that convinced me they didn't suck, and it was around the time of 'one week's popularity, so i was really into trying to be able to sing stuff like that :shifty: :dork:

Hey At My Most Beautiful is now playing! :laugh: Michael Stipe controls my Media Player!

ok, definetly like 'stand' more than i should. guess i always kind of have, though.

i shall do the 'stand' dance now.

'get up' is one of those songs i really like, but completly forget until i listen to it.

i think cos in my mind, dkm's 'get up' takes priority. no offense to REM, but is their song about going to see stiff little fingers in northern ireland? i think not.

:laugh: I wanna do the Stand dance too!

Michael is now playing BNL, however...it's hard to Stand dance to When You Dream. :huh:

IWasBored said:
'get up' is one of those songs i really like, but completly forget until i listen to it.

i think cos in my mind, dkm's 'get up' takes priority. no offense to REM, but is their song about going to see stiff little fingers in northern ireland? i think not.
:laugh: Somehow I doubt it.

Schmeg said:
:laugh: I wanna do the Stand dance too!

Michael is now playing BNL, however...it's hard to Stand dance to When You Dream. :huh:

yeah, that has got to be very difficult :huh:

don't let steve's soothing singing put you to sleep!!

Schmeg said:

:laugh: Somehow I doubt it.

hehehe

yeah...that's kind of what i thought, too...

and now i've got to listen to that DKM song...:shifty: you know when you're in the kind of mood where the mere mention of a song you like makes yo have to listen to it??

:love: mike :love: (mccolgan, that is)

:hmm: that's another thing though that those songs have in common...both being sung by guys called michael/mike...

IWasBored said:

hehehe

yeah...that's kind of what i thought, too...

and now i've got to listen to that DKM song...:shifty: you know when you're in the kind of mood where the mere mention of a song you like makes yo have to listen to it??
Yes. That is my typical mood, however. Someone unknowingly saying a lyric from a song does the same thing to me.

Schmeg said:

Yes. That is my typical mood, however. Someone unknowingly saying a lyric from a song does the same thing to me.

:yes: and when the song isn't near, i have to make do with what i've got...which usually means singing it myself :shifty:

But if you don't then it's trapped in your head and that's not good for the song! It needs to be free!!

I think some people have learned to deal with my suddenly bursting into song when they're talking to me.

listening to DKM covering 'if i were a carpenter'

:up:

live version.

when they did this in northampton, i swear i was nearly deaf by then, and i could barely hear anything other than a lot of loud noise. the acoustics at pearl street are so bad...you almost need ear plugs. i certainly could have used them on multiple occasions. i'll be deaf by age 40.

Schmeg said:
But if you don't then it's trapped in your head and that's not good for the song! It needs to be free!!

I think some people have learned to deal with my suddenly bursting into song when they're talking to me.

yeah! it has to get out!!!!

oh, i know plenty of people who have learned that i do that, and it still gets :eyebrows: hell, i've known my best friend kat since we were 4, and even though we hadn't seen each other from age 7 to 14, and we kind of re-met when we were 14, she still gives me wierd looks. and what did i do that one day when our families went out to eat? i ran around the parking lot singing 'one week' cos just she'd mentioned it... you'd think she'd be used to it by now...

oh, the reason the random last part made it into the PM is cos i was listening to that live version of DKM - on the attack

another song that someone could sing if they wanted to bring more than 4 people in as guests...or didn't feel like signing them in :hmm: that song fucking rules.

ok, it's become DKM-time now...

'blood & whiskey' live version

:drool: now i think i need to listen to the rest of the gang's all here...

Now I have this image of you running in circles in a parking lot singing One Week...:shifty:

or instead of the album pipebomb on lansdowne, how about the extended dance mix!!

'it's friday night and the streets are filled with rich little fucking college pussy faggots..i'm going to get a gun and shoot them all right in the balls!!'

i think it's safe to say NO ONE will be singing this to me at work...

Schmeg said:
Now I have this image of you running in circles in a parking lot singing One Week...:shifty:

:lol:

actually, that wouldn't be too far from the reality...i wasn't really running in circles...more like zig zags...:shifty:

'everybody's running now bodies hit the ground you better take cover it's a pipebomb on lansdowne'

the original is actually one of the first DKM songs i ever heard. :up: i didn't like it back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom