King RANDOOOOOOM the III - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #151
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:07 PM
they've got that overly melancholy-ness to them anyway, and if you've associated them with something...then i can see where comes from.

the only reason i've seen the video for WTFK (hahaha, wtf k) is cos my brother has the best of DVD. which he neve watches...which i bought for him last christmas cos i thought he'd like it...idiot also didn't want to see REM...why? he doesn't like going to concerts. that's what he said!

Old 09-19-2004, 09:45 PM   #152
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Verdict: I like Lotus.

lotus is pretty rad. i like Up on the whole a lot better than most people seem to...

i still don't like reveal. but i can't seem to part with it. i even ripped the thing to my computer. i've made countless efforts to get into it, i just do not like that record.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT FOLLOWED ME HOME THE OTHER DAY...

now THAT was a cool video

ok, i've officially got until october 29th to accumulate the rest of REM's cataloge, and make sure i know everything from the ones i do own (cos i sure as hell don't listen to them enough).

i like being surprised by a setlist, but not to the extent that i've got no idea what they're playing. must minimize the chances of that happening.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:49 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
they've got that overly melancholy-ness to them anyway, and if you've associated them with something...then i can see where comes from.

the only reason i've seen the video for WTFK (hahaha, wtf k) is cos my brother has the best of DVD. which he neve watches...which i bought for him last christmas cos i thought he'd like it...idiot also didn't want to see REM...why? he doesn't like going to concerts. that's what he said!
I read that as WTF K too!

You must regift that DVD to yourself! He doesn't like going to converts?! BLASPHEMY!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

lotus is pretty rad. i like Up on the whole a lot better than most people seem to...

i still don't like reveal. but i can't seem to part with it. i even ripped the thing to my computer. i've made countless efforts to get into it, i just do not like that record.
I like it, it's overproduced and everything but I like enough of the songs that I can say I like the album.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #156
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I read that as WTF K too!

You must regift that DVD to yourself! He doesn't like going to converts?! BLASPHEMY!!
i need to swipe that DVD, i really do...

yeah, he said he hates going to concerts, and wouldn't elaborate on it. i don't get it. he's been to a total of 2 non-local band shows. those were two of the best touring bands around (BNL and DKM) headlining each of those shows.

i've concluded that i cannot be related to this kid.

well...you did see the stuff i downloaded for his mix...that should send off all sorts of flags and bells about there being something strange...
Old 09-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT FOLLOWED ME HOME THE OTHER DAY...

now THAT was a cool video

ok, i've officially got until october 29th to accumulate the rest of REM's cataloge, and make sure i know everything from the ones i do own (cos i sure as hell don't listen to them enough).

i like being surprised by a setlist, but not to the extent that i've got no idea what they're playing. must minimize the chances of that happening.
Hey, anything to do with a PSA is good!

What do you need? I have a substantial collection and I want to add Dead Letters Office (I believe that's the correct title) tomorrow. They're going into heavy rotation here very soon, even though it's an REM day once a week, typically. I just have to memorize more than Green, Automatic for the People, and New Adventures in Hi-Fi.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #158
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I like it, it's overproduced and everything but I like enough of the songs that I can say I like the album.

it's the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine! ok, i swear this song was a lot faster the last time i heard it. i can clearly understand EVERY word. i haven't heard it probably in about a year, though. and i've listened to a lot faster songs since then...so i guess...yeah....

Old 09-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

I just had some serious deja-vu about discussing Reveal. Have we done this before?

Edit: ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF) is one of the songs I want to know every word to eventually...by October 29 would be nice. I can get to pretty much "No fear, cavalier" before I start mumbling.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:56 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Hey, anything to do with a PSA is good!

What do you need? I have a substantial collection and I want to add Dead Letters Office (I believe that's the correct title) tomorrow. They're going into heavy rotation here very soon, even though it's an REM day once a week, typically. I just have to memorize more than Green, Automatic for the People, and New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

i actually don't know what i don't have.

i know i've got:

CD:
green
reveal
(possible theft of 'life's rich pagent' from my brother...assuming he hasn't scratched it to death, cos he does listen to it a lot. or used to anyway. that's one good album.)

tapes:
monster
automatic for the people
murmer (my absolute favorite, without a doubt)
out of time
up

then i've got a couple random songs running around on my computer...
Old 09-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I just had some serious deja-vu about discussing Reveal. Have we done this before?

Edit: ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF) is one of the songs I want to know every word to eventually...by October 29 would be nice. I can get to pretty much "No fear, cavalier" before I start mumbling.

i think we've discussed reveal before. i can't remember. i've discussed with mofo, and if i discussed with mofo, i probably discussed with everyone else i speak to online...

there's a scary noise in the hallway...sounds like someone's dribbing a basketball...my neighbors were skateboarding in the hall earlier, so i wouldn't be surprised. i mean, the RAs don't post those 'NO SPORTS IN THE HALLWAY' signs for a reason or anything...

ITEOTWAWKI(AIFF) is almost a better acronym than HMTMKMKM i've had all the words down for years, probably since i decided i didn't hate REM, cos that was the song that convinced me they didn't suck, and it was around the time of 'one week's popularity, so i was really into trying to be able to sing stuff like that ork:
Old 09-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Hey At My Most Beautiful is now playing! Michael Stipe controls my Media Player!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:03 PM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier

ok, definetly like 'stand' more than i should. guess i always kind of have, though.

i shall do the 'stand' dance now.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Hey At My Most Beautiful is now playing! Michael Stipe controls my Media Player!

whoohooo!!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:08 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier

'get up' is one of those songs i really like, but completly forget until i listen to it.

i think cos in my mind, dkm's 'get up' takes priority. no offense to REM, but is their song about going to see stiff little fingers in northern ireland? i think not.