King Kong- Makes Grown Men Cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I don't think it will beat Titanic but who knows, maybe..

Drudge Report

KING KONG TO CHALLENGE ALL-TIME BOXOFFICE CHAMP

'APE WITH A HEART MAKES GROWN MEN CRY'

$1,845,034,000 worldwide and $600,788,188 are the all-time boxoffice records for a single movie, TITANIC, first released on December 19, 1997.

Now roars along another December blockbuster, KING KONG, a film many top Hollywood executives predict will break the record!

The movie opens wide as Victoria Lake next Wednesday, but recent screenings by UNIVERSAL have left the audience cheering and sobbing.

"Grown men around me were crying," says one Hollywood insider.

"Yes, I think this will do TITANIC numbers. It is going to be a huge movie."

Complaints the Peter Jackson movie starts slow and is too long [more than 3 hours] will fill critics' columns.

"The human relationships are shit ... the dialogue is piss poor and there is a scene of Jamie Bell shooting gigantic bugs off of Adrian Brody with a tommy gun ... those are the bad parts," says a Hollywood reporter. "But.... the scenes between Kong and Naomi Watts tug at the heart strings big time. And the final scene was just great! There were one too many longing looks between the ape and Watts ... but the audience around me ate it up."

I cried when I saw the 70's King Kong with Jessica Lange. They killed Kong and all he wanted was love.:sad:

I was 9 or 10 at the time. I'm afraid to see this one in public.:wink:

This thread gives me the opportnity to revive the dialogue from my favorite scne from the TV show "Coach" and the fantabulous Craig T. Nelson:

Coach's daughter's boyfriend Stuart the drama student doesn't think Coach likes him and during their discussion begins to cry...

Coach: Aw jeez Stuart don't cry
Stuart: Its OK for a man to cry
Coach: If your foot's caught in a bear trap, maybe.

Saw it at a critics screening Sunday night. Have to say I was pretty disappointed. The Kong and Watts scenes towards the end were beyond cringe-worthy. I swear, 15-20 mins of this film was spent on Kong and Watts' character staring lovingly into each other's eyes. Also, far too much time is spent on characters that have absolutley no importance to the story.

{paintedroses} said:

They kill him??!! Aww man you've just ruined the ending for me :sad:

The good news is I heard that in the sequel he comes back as a new improved cybernetic Kong in The Six Billion Dollar Mon-key.

I don't see how this movie can be best selling movie of all time.

A giant ape? :no:

I'd rather sit through Titanic, and get some brownie points at least, than watch a remake of king kong :slant:

Rotten Tomatoes has 12 reviews so far. 12 Fresh 0 Rotten

BTW, For Honor, it's not so much about the giant ape but the love story, a beauty and the beast if you will.

This could be a Titanic box office machine, it has the elements needed to attract both sexes.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I have seen the Jessica Lange version
Have you seen the original Fay Wray version?
The Jessica Lange/Jeff Bridges version was crap in comparison (keeping in mind that the original is from 1933 so obviously the effects are dated).

elevation2u said:
people actually want to see this movie??:huh:

I like both naomi watts & adrien brody but not even them can draw me into watching this hollywood junk

You will be in the minority. Try not to be so close-minded. How do you know it is Hollywood Junk? 12 out of 12 at Rotten Tomatoes suggests otherwise.

...at the premiere, Peter Jackson (The Director) had the original King Kong model that was used for the Fay Wray version, as his guest...:laugh:

btw...did you guys noticed how much weight he has lost?....

871126,h=179,pd=1,w=239.jpg

post-5-1112642390.jpg

...good for him.

MrsSpringsteen said:

No, wasn't it a silent movie or something?
No, not silent.
Just an old (like I said 1933 if memory serves) black and white. Used to play it a lot on channel 56 (creature double feature) when we were kids.
Much better than the 1976 (I think) version, though obviously not as visually spectacular.

Director PETER JACKSON has lost a staggering 32 kilograms (five stone/70 pounds) in weight in just 10 months.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS director stunned journalists at promotional interviews for his new movie KING KONG with a svelte new look, a million miles from the overweight film-maker made famous by the fantasy trilogy.

Jackson claims the gruelling editing process on King Kong, which saw him working 21-hour days, helped him slim.

He says, "I just got tired of being overweight and unfit so I changed my diet from hamburgers to yoghurt and muesli and it seemed to work.

"It was just cutting out junk food."

elevation2u said:

sorry I forgot that the more special effects and money is spent on a movie the better
:happy:

You're just proving your close-mindedness even more.

Just as bad as people who like big budget movies ragging on an intimate drama that they have not seen.

Ultimately the amount of money does not affect quality. I would not be surprised if my two favorite movies of the year end up being King Kong (207 mil budget) and Brokeback Mountain (13 mil).

trevster2k said:
Rotten Tomatoes has 12 reviews so far. 12 Fresh 0 Rotten

BTW, For Honor, it's not so much about the giant ape but the love story, a beauty and the beast if you will.

This could be a Titanic box office machine, it has the elements needed to attract both sexes.

:hmm:

Well, there certainly is a lot of hype.......

Back
Top Bottom