Kilmore Church, Dervaig, Isle of Mull Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes: They're sort of Dutch biscuits/candy, it's a bit of both. We have a tradition that your christmas is ripped off from by Coca Cola.
Sinterklaas comes to Holland each year to celebrate his birthday at december 5. He brings his 'black petes' with him, and they give kids that have been good candy and pepernoten and bad kids get beaten with twigs :lol:
and if you've been real bad, you get to go in one of their bags and go to spain with them for the rest of the year. (Sinterklaas has a house in Madrid)

At Sinterklaas's birthday we get presents from him, because he's so rich he gives children who've been good presents. Kids can put their shoe in front of the fireplace with something for Sinterklaas's horse(which he rides on the roof) and a letter to Sinterklaas, with a wish list. And when they wake up, there'll be a small gift and the carrot is eaten by the horse.

All kids believe that here, we don't do christmas.

:D and Older kids enjoy the good food. I don't get presents anymore, but we always used to go to my grandma and she'd make us old skool Dutch pea soup :drool:
Now we still hold that tradition high, even without her.

So, if you want to try some, I could send you some. I sent Ali some last year for christmas :lol: apparently she liked them!

Hah, that's awesome. And any excuse for food is surely a good excuse. :yes:

So what is this pepernoten anyhow?

:wink:

I seem to be making a habit of flirting with everyone possible in this thread. XD
I've noticed that trend here a lot... if I didn't know better I'd think I was still in PLEBA. :lol:

Ali, don't you watch ACA or TT? Kids are getting pregnant so young nowadays that OF COURSE you could have a 16 year old daughter! Would Xenophobia Tonight lie to us? Really now!

:no:

And thinking about it, I wasn't actually capable of conceiving when I was 13, so there.
And that's as much oversharing as you're gonna get!

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Bono being knighted

:lmao: Fucking hell, I just realise I made the 69th post in that thread...

for those too scared to click that link:

edgerooex6.jpg

You're welcome, enjoy your nightmares.

Oooh. I like speculaas! My uncle, the U2 fanatic who lived in Arnhem for a few years, sometimes bakes them to sell at his bakery.

:drool: Good, cause I can't live without Speculaas!

And these are coverd in either white, milk or dark chocolate :wink: that's even better. Well, I only eat the dark ones out of the beg :lol: Give the rest to my mom since I don't like white and am allergic to milk chocolate.

:drool: Good, cause I can't live without Speculaas!

And these are coverd in either white, milk or dark chocolate :wink: that's even better. Well, I only eat the dark ones out of the beg :lol: Give the rest to my mom since I don't like white and am allergic to milk chocolate.

Any kind of chocolate works for me. :drool:

And woah, you're allergic to milk chocolate? What's in it that means you can't eat it but can eat dark and white?

So, if you want to try some, I could send you some. I sent Ali some last year for christmas :lol: apparently she liked them!
:drool: :drool: :drool:

They're kinda gingerbread flavoured little round bikkie things... :up:

And I'm trying to remember the name of those shredded meat-and-flour fried things... kinda like croquets... in fact the word probably sounded like that. I'm going to mangle the spelling... Kroketchas? My friend learned to make those from her Dutch grandmother... :drool:

Here's what we have of the Annhilation Tour thus far.

2008-01-17, Axver's Backyard
2008-02-25, Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2008-08-15, Canada Road, Memphis
[A few more around here that I forget]

THE I <3 MY YACHT LEG
2009-05-30: Public rehearsal, Bono's beach house, Eze
2009-06-01: Port of Nice
2009-06-02: Port of Nice
2009-06-04: Marina in Antibes
2009-06-06: Marina in Cannes
2009-06-07: Guest appearance at the Cannes Film Festival before the debut showing of U2 3D II: Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2009-06-09: Bayside in Agay
2009-06-11: Port of Toulon
2009-06-12: Port of Toulon
2009-06-14: Port of Marseille
2009-06-15: Port of Marseille
2009-06-17: Harbour of Martigues
2009-06-19: Etang de Perols, near Montpellier
2009-06-20: Beachside at Sete
2009-06-22: Up the River Herault in central Agde
Edge's beloved yacht then gets stranded in the Herault. U2, unfazed, buy much wine from a riverside bottleshop and toast their successful world tour.
:lmao:

I wonder what the :lamo: smiley would look like...

fail-owned-opposites-school-fail.jpg

:love: American kids these days..
Even the teacher phailed... I thought the opposite of death was LIFE.

Any kind of chocolate works for me. :drool:

And woah, you're allergic to milk chocolate? What's in it that means you can't eat it but can eat dark and white?

:lol: well sorta yes. When I eat milk chocolate, I puke. Whenever I eat caramel or liquorice, I puke.

Weird allergy/oversensitivity ish thingy.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

They're kinda gingerbread flavoured little round bikkie things... :up:

And I'm trying to remember the name of those shredded meat-and-flour fried things... kinda like croquets... in fact the word probably sounded like that. I'm going to mangle the spelling... Kroketchas? My friend learned to make those from her Dutch grandmother... :drool:

:lmao:

I wonder what the :lamo: smiley would look like...

Even the teacher phailed... I thought the opposite of death was LIFE.

:shocked: holy crap, you know Kroketten????? :drool: They be godlike!

:uhoh: but what ARE roo balls?

You're right! :lol: I didn't even notice!

:no:

And thinking about it, I wasn't actually capable of conceiving when I was 13, so there.
And that's as much oversharing as you're gonna get!

Wow, Ali just vaguely overshared, and without even being prompted! :ohmy:

Mark this date down, people. It is a moment in history.

I hate how I spend fucking hours proofreading just about anything before posting nowadays unless it's on the Superthread. :crack:

I wonder where my self-confidence went. It seemed to die somewhere around 2006.

Well I was. Cause I couldn't get them in time last year so I couldn't send you both chocolate ones I was determined to get you both chocolates this year :yes:
they're three flavours of chocolate in one bag too!

:laugh: Remind me what they are again please before I say yes to actual roo balls..*suddenly has flashbacks of a certain Edgeroo*
Three kinds... :faint: :hyper:

Wait.

You tried?
Our health ed teacher told us that puberty is usually required before procreation... :shrug:

:shocked: holy crap, you know Kroketten????? :drool: They be godlike!

:uhoh: but what ARE roo balls?
Yes, I do... :drool:
I may never have them again, as this friend now lives in England... :sad:

Behold, 'roo balls.

Samos Group -souvenirs and gifts -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom